Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
What's On Your Mind - HSN forum - Page 342

What's On Your Mind

9368 replies to this topic

#6821 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 06:37 PM

There's a girl in some of my classes who has a 2000 word Sociology essay and a 850 words JCW report thing plus a 300 word commentary, and she has started neither of them.

If we take into consideration that I spent at least 3 hours of Saturday on my Soc essay, and another hour on Tuesday, and that my JCW assignment took 2 hours - she is stuffed. And very laid back about the whole thing.

I'd be crying and tearing my hair out and threatening to leave uni at that point.

#6822 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 07 December 2006 - 07:56 PM

I have yet to learn that lesson too lol

Also anyone's MSN also pissing them off by refusing to sign in?

#6823 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE(broughy @ Dec 7 2006, 05:53 PM) View Post

QUOTE(John @ Dec 6 2006, 11:13 PM) View Post

Well have you learned your lesson not to leave things to the last minute?

i've had that lesson repeated several times over. yet somehow, it never seems to stick in my head

aye same here. I think every time "Yes. next time I will be nice and prepared and start the essay 2 weeks earlier."

Yet, there I am...everytime...just a few hours before the deadline writing a bunch of crap.

#6824 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 07 December 2006 - 09:03 PM

That often happens to me too, although not always.
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#6825 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 11:02 PM

oh it always happens to me. i think i work better under pressure though. although my marks aren't like, amazing, they're good enough for me!
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#6826 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 07 December 2006 - 11:29 PM

Lindsay, they definitely have teas sets on M&S in the food section downstairs.

Marks and Spencers is on my mind. Bloody stupid assignments. I don't care about friggin' portfolios and such like.

I was at The Tron Panto tonight. It was quite funny but moreso due to a member of the audience being very camp on stage. GO GARRY!
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#6827 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 08:38 AM

Never fear! I got one from Whittards, they have an outlet store at the Fort so it was a 9.80 instead of 25. Bargain!

#6828 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 10:34 AM

Today's my first day of Christmas holidays. I slept til half 10, ate my breakfast with whole-fat milk, and now plan on spending the day playing Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops on my PSP.

Uh... I guess I better sign up for the gym too. >.>

#6829 Gillz

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:My name is Gillian and my main interests are: running, cycling, going to the gym, shopping (more of an addiction than an interest!), rock/indie music and going out with friends.<br /><br />I am currently in sixth year, studying AH Geography, H Maths and Crash H Business Management.<br /><br />I've applied for a mixture of Geography and Business at uni and have had some offers back, so looking forward immensely to starting uni next year wherever that may be! <br /><br />Standard Grade results:1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,3 for English, Geography, Admin, Physics, Chemistry, R.M.P.S, German, Art and Maths respectively.<br /><br />Fifth Year results: A,A,A,B,C for Int 2 Maths, H Physics, H Geography, H Chem and H English respectively.

Posted 08 December 2006 - 04:24 PM

Talking of the gym, John did you get to go to the gym at uni?

#6830 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 08 December 2006 - 05:27 PM

Had to email a guy about it will find out when he replies back.

I can continue using the gym biggrin.gif cheapnesssss

#6831 Gillz

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:My name is Gillian and my main interests are: running, cycling, going to the gym, shopping (more of an addiction than an interest!), rock/indie music and going out with friends.<br /><br />I am currently in sixth year, studying AH Geography, H Maths and Crash H Business Management.<br /><br />I've applied for a mixture of Geography and Business at uni and have had some offers back, so looking forward immensely to starting uni next year wherever that may be! <br /><br />Standard Grade results:1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,3 for English, Geography, Admin, Physics, Chemistry, R.M.P.S, German, Art and Maths respectively.<br /><br />Fifth Year results: A,A,A,B,C for Int 2 Maths, H Physics, H Geography, H Chem and H English respectively.

Posted 08 December 2006 - 05:37 PM

For the rest of the year?

#6832 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 05:59 PM

Yeah cos i paid for a year

#6833 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 07:40 PM

Hell's bells.

I had a missed call from the hot and tall Cameron from Hollyoaks lookalike at uni when I got out of work.

I still haven't called him back, I'm all in a tizzy. I don't know what to say. I'm crap on the phone at the best of times. Throw a hot boy who says I have to take him out into the equation and I turn into a jibbering idiot.

Shoot me now.

PS I'm actually doing all right at uni, by the way. I got 65% for my short story in JCW and I just got back my first English assignment today and I got 71% for that, and the lowest mark I've had for French so far has been 70%... I'm quite bright after all. O_o

#6834 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Dec 8 2006, 07:40 PM) View Post

PS I'm actually doing all right at uni, by the way. I got 65% for my short story in JCW and I just got back my first English assignment today and I got 71% for that, and the lowest mark I've had for French so far has been 70%... I'm quite bright after all. O_o

Yeah, man. It's pretty obvious. laugh.gif

You didn't get 6/20 on your Financial Accounting mid-term!

#6835 Blondie

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Interests:Computers, space, drawing, music, pirates, ice cream, writing, sewing, etc etc.

Posted 08 December 2006 - 11:36 PM

The Wii! Omigod! Why, oh why, didn't you order one parents?!
-Blondie.

Whoa, I actually have something to put down here!

Crafting Journal!

#6836 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE(Switch @ Dec 8 2006, 09:20 PM) View Post

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Dec 8 2006, 07:40 PM) View Post

Yeah, man. It's pretty obvious. laugh.gif

You didn't get 6/20 on your Financial Accounting mid-term!

WORK HARDER!!

I've worked so bloody hard on my essay writing this term! Had 15/20 or more for all 7 of my essays so far!! So I am rightfully chuffed to pieces. smile.gif

Me daddy says I must be improving!! biggrin.gif

(still need to find out the mark for "The Potato Peelers" one though wink.gif )

#6837 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 12:01 AM

No body ever go to campus, they falsely accuse you then throw you out.!!!

A formal complaint will be going to them tomorrow.

I may be drunk, but I am still an intelligent S.O.B!!!!!

#6838 xpurple_starsx

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm in second year at Glasgow Yewnee studying Biology Type Things... haven't decided on my actual degree subject yet... someone wanna choose for me??

Posted 09 December 2006 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE(John @ Dec 9 2006, 12:01 AM) View Post

No body ever go to campus, they falsely accuse you then throw you out.!!!

A formal complaint will be going to them tomorrow.

I may be drunk, but I am still an intelligent S.O.B!!!!!

Haha my friend nearly got beaten up by a guy in Campus at the beginning of the year... well the guy pushed him against a wall, put his hands round his neck and told him he was gonna kill him. Nice fello.

In happier news... I served Tom And Dougie from McFly in work today. Dougie bought cigarettes and a lads mag! And I thought they were nice boys...
The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself.

#6839 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 09 December 2006 - 01:30 AM

x
@

#6840 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 02:41 AM

Always take your makeup off before you go to bed(even if youre a boy) cos then you notice how much eyeliner you put on blink.gif I mustve had it all over my face or something unsure.gif

oh and i had a surprisingly good night tonight

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users