Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
What's On Your Mind - HSN forum - Page 340

What's On Your Mind

9368 replies to this topic

#6781 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Dec 5 2006, 04:41 PM) View Post

QUOTE(broughy @ Dec 5 2006, 03:16 PM) View Post

i'm such a crap driver. i swear i'm never gonna pass my test. just as i think i'm getting somewhere, i have a day like today where i'm crap sad.gif

Don't worry, you can't be as bad as me. That's why I've given up, haha...

I hit a peak right before my second test, and it was just silly mistakes that made me fail it. And I just lost my confidence and it all went downhill from there.

No one ever says how hard it is to learn how to drive. But apparently the more intelligent you are, the harder it is to learn, so take it as a compliment.

I must be a bloody genius if that's the way of it.

Yeah I think thats right - one friend of mine is very intelligent yet it took her about 4 or 5 go's to pass.

Then there is my other friend who is as thick as ....well, i dont know...but she passed 1st time. She is the nicest person ever but she doesnt even have an intermediate 2 under her name.

#6782 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 05 December 2006 - 07:03 PM

speaking as someone who passed after 30hours of lessons(and no practice inbetween lessons) i would rather not go along with the idea the more intelligent you are the harder it is to pass your test. Course it could be true only for women:P but i wouldnt say that......far to risky:O

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#6783 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 05 December 2006 - 07:52 PM

x
@

#6784 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 05 December 2006 - 08:00 PM

Google and wikipedia would help you a great deal, if you haven't already tried those.

#6785 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 05 December 2006 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE(tuppence @ Dec 5 2006, 07:52 PM) View Post

AARGH!

Roughly 13 hours until I submit my marketing report and my word count is still loitering around zero.

What the UTTER HELL is the marketing environment? And what are Porter's 5 forces? PESTEL - HUH?!

Marketing is stupid. It's all common sense, but they use these stupid terms to try to confuse us and make it look like marketing is difficult. It works. Very effectively.

AAAAARGH.

Trust me you will know the stuff!!

I barely attended the lectures and even i know what they are!!

QUOTE(The Wedge Effect @ Dec 5 2006, 08:00 PM) View Post

Google and wikipedia would help you a great deal, if you haven't already tried those.

Or people who have done marketing tongue.gif

#6786 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 09:04 PM

x
@

#6787 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 09:47 PM

Ooh, I'm great at referencing. It's the actual writing essays part that gets me. =/

I have a cracker of a quote in my Sociology essay though. Something about Sociology is a study of people who don't need to be studied by people who do.

Made me laugh anyway.

#6788 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 09:56 PM

Can I join the I hate driving club?
I have a lesson tomorrow. Been dreading it all week. I'm worrying about it more than my interview. Which is stupid.
I really wish I didn't have to drive. At least you lot live somewhere that it is possible to access public transport. I have to rely on my parents which is not good. For freeeedooom!

#6789 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 05 December 2006 - 10:09 PM

I loved my driving lessons purely because i totally fancied the instructor. He was/is hot. He told me i was his best pupil wink.gif Unfortunately that was due to the fact that i'd probably just paid off his mortgage with my many, many lessons.

It was not all a sunny affair however, he made me cry once by making me do reverse park after reverse park about 10 times. I was getting increasingly frustrated due to continuous failure and it was not very pleasant at all. I went home and sobbed my little heart out. The next lesson he declared he'd treat me like the fragile soul that i really was. He probably thought i was some sort of emotional wreck.

The day i passed was a sad day indeed tongue.gif
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#6790 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 05 December 2006 - 10:17 PM

QUOTE(tuppence @ Dec 5 2006, 09:04 PM) View Post

But I don`t know it sad.gif Teeellllllll meeeeeeee!!

Haha, all of my sources are websites. And I don`t even know how to reference properly.

Failure - here I come!

i can tell you, come visit me on myspace or msn and i will tell you

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#6791 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 05 December 2006 - 10:29 PM

I'd offer mine, but Dave's a better choice lol

#6792 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 07:42 AM

I feel really bad. I was out at some McArthur Glen Tennant's party last night in Chicago Rock, and I kinda took ill half-way through it. So I spent the rest of the night with a dour face, while everyone enjoyed themselves.

I probably annoyed a lot of folk sitting around like that, the big-barrel-of-fun that I am. <.<

#6793 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 10:56 AM

Heyy thats what I'm like at the moment. (and thats what I was like when we went bowling! tongue.gif )

I have the flu or very bad cold or whatever (it always seems to appear that I am always unwell but I do usually keep quite well!) Almost completely lost my voice - I speak like a friggin tranny when I do talk....worst tickly cough possible sad.gif VERY sore throat , sore head from coughing too much, hot and cold, sinusitis, granny shakes and weakness. sad.gif I am REALLY BAD company just now - particularly because I cant stop barking. And I am a diseased danger to society.

But like a good girl, I have not bothered the NHS since they are apparently busy at this time of year. So i'm on the Lemsip, Ibuprofene + Paracetamol, Sinex, and a lovely concotion of Strepsils, Lockets, Tunes and Soothers coupled with DC and B+J's and HC*

Thankfully I have not lost my appetite. biggrin.gif I have been pestering a few folk, including Peter (PK), to go to the shop and buy me diet coke and ice cream...

And two essays for an assessment to prepare for tomorrow. But after that I am freeeeee!

*haha...diet coke, ben and jerrys and hot chocolate.

#6794 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 11:23 AM

I also have the cold, or if you prefer, Naso Pharyngitis lol.

That is all folks.

#6795 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE(Dave @ Dec 5 2006, 10:17 PM) View Post

QUOTE(tuppence @ Dec 5 2006, 09:04 PM) View Post

But I don`t know it sad.gif Teeellllllll meeeeeeee!!

Haha, all of my sources are websites. And I don`t even know how to reference properly.

Failure - here I come!

i can tell you, come visit me on myspace or msn and i will tell you

There's a chat up line and a half if ever I heard one.

Almost as good as the Polish bloke who told us he needed a Scotish girlfriend to "teach him English". Aye, right son.

#6796 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 12:41 PM

Such a crap chat up line.

[lies]

I'm so great

I don't need to use chat up lines tongue.gif

[/lies]

#6797 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 02:33 PM

I got a cracker of a line recently. I was talking to a guy about my operation and he said, "Well, I've got 14 inches I could put inside you."

Utterly filthy, but it made me laugh for about an hour.

Ok, two minutes, whatever.

AND I'm meeting Matt Willis again on Tuesday. Bring it on.

#6798 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 02:55 PM

That is awful!!!

#6799 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 06 December 2006 - 03:11 PM

What? His forearm? God, it must have been really skinny if he thinks he could put that inside you. tongue.gif

#6800 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 03:26 PM

x
@

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users