Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
What's On Your Mind - HSN forum - Page 338

What's On Your Mind

9368 replies to this topic

#6741 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 12:38 AM

Aw crap you know what I've jsut gone and done... pinch.gif

Submitted an essay, spellchecked it afterwards to find that I've called the painting the wrong thing through the entire essay - "The Potato Peelers" instead of "The Potato Eaters"!!

"The Qustion of Influence in The Potato Peelers" laugh.gif

AAHH.

#6742 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 04 December 2006 - 01:37 AM

If you are registered as dyslexic with the uni you'll probably get away with it lol

#6743 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 10:15 AM

Yes but this is pure stupidness - nothing ot do with dyslexia whatsoever!!

#6744 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 11:13 AM

Either way, it's a pretty crappy name for a painting tongue.gif

Surely they can't take marks off for you getting the name of it wrong. It's the analysis that's important.

#6745 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 04 December 2006 - 11:21 AM

QUOTE(miss macleod @ Dec 4 2006, 10:15 AM) View Post

Yes but this is pure stupidness - nothing ot do with dyslexia whatsoever!!

Use it to your advantage though tongue.gif

#6746 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 11:46 AM

I do that with Crohn's disease!

"I can't lift that, Mrs Manageress. I had major abdominal surgery."

She totally buys it.

#6747 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Dec 4 2006, 11:46 AM) View Post

I do that with Crohn's disease!

"I can't lift that, Mrs Manageress. I had major abdominal surgery."

She totally buys it.

Lol, wish i had something to do that with sad.gif

Saying you're arrogant and intelligent doesn't really work lol

#6748 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 04 December 2006 - 02:23 PM

x
@

#6749 Blondie

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Interests:Computers, space, drawing, music, pirates, ice cream, writing, sewing, etc etc.

Posted 04 December 2006 - 06:14 PM

Unconditional to Comp Sci at HW. Wooooo.

Also, I'm freaking tired and everyone seems to be bugging me. sad.gif
-Blondie.

Whoa, I actually have something to put down here!

Crafting Journal!

#6750 Pete

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 06:54 PM

Whoa... A female gamer and computer scientist! ohmy.gif

Hey, Blondie... Will you marry me? (I play Guild Wars, too!) tongue.gif

#6751 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE(Blondie @ Dec 4 2006, 06:14 PM) View Post

Unconditional to Comp Sci at HW. Wooooo.

Also, I'm freaking tired and everyone seems to be bugging me. sad.gif

I would reconsider Computer Science lol

#6752 Gillz

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:My name is Gillian and my main interests are: running, cycling, going to the gym, shopping (more of an addiction than an interest!), rock/indie music and going out with friends.<br /><br />I am currently in sixth year, studying AH Geography, H Maths and Crash H Business Management.<br /><br />I've applied for a mixture of Geography and Business at uni and have had some offers back, so looking forward immensely to starting uni next year wherever that may be! <br /><br />Standard Grade results:1,1,1,1,1,1,1,2,3 for English, Geography, Admin, Physics, Chemistry, R.M.P.S, German, Art and Maths respectively.<br /><br />Fifth Year results: A,A,A,B,C for Int 2 Maths, H Physics, H Geography, H Chem and H English respectively.

Posted 04 December 2006 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE(miss macleod @ Dec 4 2006, 12:38 AM) View Post

Aw crap you know what I've jsut gone and done... pinch.gif

Submitted an essay, spellchecked it afterwards to find that I've called the painting the wrong thing through the entire essay - "The Potato Peelers" instead of "The Potato Eaters"!!

"The Qustion of Influence in The Potato Peelers" laugh.gif

AAHH.

I actually did that on one of my Standard Grade Art essays that was sent off to the exam board - i continuously referred to the painting as something other than the title and i got away with it as i got a 1 for the essays. I'm sure they'll realise it was an error and like Lindsay said its your analysis thats important. They might not even notice!

#6753 Richard_05

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Interests:I'm not going to sit and type my grades, nor my plans for the future, nor a random fact. :)

Posted 04 December 2006 - 07:25 PM

Guild wars sucks. I am disgusted sad.gif

#6754 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE(tuppence @ Dec 4 2006, 02:23 PM) View Post

Edit: Someone write my Marketing C2 report for me. I really cannot be bothered with it, have done no work on it and it's due on Wednesday. Oh dear sad.gif

Mines was also due this Wednesday lol

(Thnks god for droping out lol)

Any chance are you in group 32?

#6755 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 08:20 PM

x
@

#6756 KDYFloorballer

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:Floorball, Football, Music, Drawing, Technology

Posted 04 December 2006 - 08:35 PM

I have to redraft and English essay for tomorrow and I can't be bothered at all. Any tips for keeping me occupied on the task? smile.gif

#6757 Pete

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 08:41 PM

Think of what'll happen if you fail. It never fails tongue.gif For example, if I fail to attain BBBB this year, then I won't be able to go to Glasgow (my university of choice), and be forced to go to my annoying school for another year. Basically, just think of the consequences of not doing it, as opposed to thinking of the rewards of actually doing it.

#6758 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE(tuppence @ Dec 4 2006, 08:20 PM) View Post

Ehhhh... No idea! My tutorial is from 11am-12noon with some mad Greek guy.

Were you in my tutorial group?! You should have said hi! I know I can look a bit unfriendly (constant scowl and general unpleasantness) but I'm nice, really.

Have you just dropped Marketing, or dropped out of uni altogether? (I am nosey smile.gif)

Altogether, is it Ionnis or something like that you have? if so yes i was in your group lol didnt know who you were lol

#6759 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 09:12 PM

x
@

#6760 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 09:14 PM

Computer Science sucks that's why lol.

Where a bouts did you normally sit?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users