Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
What's On Your Mind - HSN forum - Page 337

What's On Your Mind

9368 replies to this topic

#6721 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 08:01 PM

well. remember me mentioning the talk we had to do on monday? & how my slides got all messed up cos i was given laser printable slides instead of inkjet ones like i asked for? well, i told the lecturer of the class that i'd asked for inkjet ones & wasn't given the right ones, & she said she'd speak 2 the department secretary about it. she did this on monday. when i went up to the office today with one of my mates, we met her on her way out of the office. she asked if we were looking for her, we said yeah, we were wanting overheads for the 12390 talks. she said they wouldn't be available till monday, & i said to my mate "isn't your talk on monday?" he goes "yeah", & office person goes "well, what kind of slides is it you wanted?". my mate replied inkjet, & then office person went "yeah well i hear you were all complaining about the slides from last time". i said "yeah, thats cos they weren't inkjet ones, the ink wouldn't stick to the slide". she replied with "the ones the department get are inkjet & laser printable ones". i said this clearly wasn't the case, & she said "well i'm not giving you any then", so we walked away at that. i emailed the lecturer of the class (the class i had the talk for on monday & the class i have a talk for next week are both run by the same lecturer), & she's basically gone mad at me, says i have to apologise to office woman (though i'm not exactly sure what for as it was her that was rude to us, not the other way round).
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#6722 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 10:56 PM

I AM MAD.

#6723 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 01 December 2006 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE(broughy @ Dec 1 2006, 08:01 PM) View Post

well. remember me mentioning the talk we had to do on monday? & how my slides got all messed up cos i was given laser printable slides instead of inkjet ones like i asked for? well, i told the lecturer of the class that i'd asked for inkjet ones & wasn't given the right ones, & she said she'd speak 2 the department secretary about it. she did this on monday. when i went up to the office today with one of my mates, we met her on her way out of the office. she asked if we were looking for her, we said yeah, we were wanting overheads for the 12390 talks. she said they wouldn't be available till monday, & i said to my mate "isn't your talk on monday?" he goes "yeah", & office person goes "well, what kind of slides is it you wanted?". my mate replied inkjet, & then office person went "yeah well i hear you were all complaining about the slides from last time". i said "yeah, thats cos they weren't inkjet ones, the ink wouldn't stick to the slide". she replied with "the ones the department get are inkjet & laser printable ones". i said this clearly wasn't the case, & she said "well i'm not giving you any then", so we walked away at that. i emailed the lecturer of the class (the class i had the talk for on monday & the class i have a talk for next week are both run by the same lecturer), & she's basically gone mad at me, says i have to apologise to office woman (though i'm not exactly sure what for as it was her that was rude to us, not the other way round).

screw that, office staff are all jumped out muppets and she started it by saying "you were all complaining" so i would just get them done at the union or on your own

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#6724 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 04:07 PM

yep. she started it, all we were doing was asking for something which we were told we were allowed to collect from her. she's always been a moody so-and-so, but she's really taken it too far this time. problem is, getting the slides from her means we get them free, printing them out in the library means buying a print card for 3, & as each acetate costs 5 credits, those 6 slides we need would use up the majority of the credits on the card! doesn't seem fair when we were told we'd be able to geet them from the department.
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#6725 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 02 December 2006 - 06:45 PM

do it from home then

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#6726 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 08:03 PM

which we can't do unless we have the slides......which was kinda the point of getting them from the office!
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#6727 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 08:57 PM

Matt won! Are we all proud?

Helen, I don't blame you for being pissed off. Office staff are so unco-operative it's unreal.

#6728 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 02 December 2006 - 09:28 PM

I only found out this morning that Matt had won. I was surprised that that david gest guy wasn't even in the final three. I've got absolutely nothing against matt - yet - so good on him!

Was just down at my grans after the football this evening 'enjoying' the fabulous X-factor. To say she was not impressed with their singing was an understatement. "he's a bit out of key is he not?" She's practically deaf so i think that speaks volumes. The standard is pretty awful.
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#6729 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 09:36 PM

I know, I thought David Gest would win too. I was astounded that Matt made it to the final. I adore the guy, but I didn't think he'd win.

X Factor is god awful. They people that go on it don't stand a chance in the UK chart. It's just not the right kind of music that they're doing. They all cover crappy 90s ballads.

#6730 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 02 December 2006 - 09:53 PM

I believe the winners first single will be the song Kelly Clarkson brought out after winning the american version. It will, ofcourse, be our future Christmas number one.

I would like to see Ben win. I prefer the style of his voice to that of leonas. Ray is a smug little bam who i can't stand. Even thinknig about him makes me rage inside. No doubts that Leona will win it though.

The only good thing to come out of these 'talent' shows is Girls Aloud - they are simply fantastic. Steve Brookstein et al have faded fast.
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#6731 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 12:05 PM

I love Girls Aloud. They're fabulous. I want their greatest hits album. I hope Santa is listening.

McFly are releasing a song for Christmas! Sorry's Not Good Enough and Friday Night - they're always doing double A sides come to think of it. Sorry's Not Good Enough sounds very Christmasy, it's all bells and so on.

#6732 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 03 December 2006 - 01:19 PM

Nothing good has ever came out of manufactured pop.

#6733 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 02:56 PM

That's just narrow-minded. You're in the mindset that if it's pop, you can't like it.

And that bugs the living hell out of me. There have been loads of great pop bands, manufactured or not. I mean, Busted are a pretty good example. They changed pop music. They came along at a time when the charts were dominated by the likes of Westlife. Pop bands changed considerably after they released What I Go to School For.

The Spice Girls as well. Once upon a time, there was no such thing as a decent girl band, never mind a decent girl band who had attitude.

I spend far too much time defending pop music. And not enough time writing about Sociology. sad.gif

#6734 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 03 December 2006 - 04:28 PM

I do not have a narrow mindset, the fact that most of what is in the charts (which would be classed as pop) is hardly ever any good. And guess what i like some popular (ie pop) bands, such as Oasis, Greenday, and The Wildhearts, all of which have been in the Top 20.

So saying I am stuck in the mindset of "if it's pop, i can't like it" is jumping to conclusions.

#6735 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 03 December 2006 - 04:50 PM

I think quite a lot of the stuff in the charts just now is good. The problem with the charts though is that the good stuff that does get in there gets overplayed and then people are like omg not that song again i hate this chart music.
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#6736 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 03 December 2006 - 08:05 PM

I couldn't give a toss about music, to be honest. tongue.gif

#6737 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE(The Wedge Effect @ Dec 3 2006, 08:05 PM) View Post

I couldn't give a toss about music, to be honest. tongue.gif

You're content with your graphics card. wink.gif

#6738 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 03 December 2006 - 10:01 PM

Of course, that, and I can't hear the beats in music, or make out what the lyrics are in songs. tongue.gif

Cursed proof by induction and sequences/series sums. *sighs* sad.gif

#6739 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE(bred @ Dec 3 2006, 04:50 PM) View Post

I think quite a lot of the stuff in the charts just now is good. The problem with the charts though is that the good stuff that does get in there gets overplayed and then people are like omg not that song again i hate this chart music.

Since I came up to Aberdeen I havent actually heard much music at all or watched much tv so i couldnt say I have a clue whats happening in the charts nowadays. The university took of my internet access after they found out about the illegal downloading... unsure.gif

So basicaly all i've got is the old stuff thats on my mp3 player! sad.gif

When christmas time comes i will be downloading by the bucketload.

#6740 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 11:20 PM

QUOTE(miss macleod @ Dec 3 2006, 11:18 PM) View Post

QUOTE(bred @ Dec 3 2006, 04:50 PM) View Post

Since I came up to Aberdeen I havent actually heard much music at all or watched much tv so i couldnt say I have a clue whats happening in the charts nowadays. The university took of my internet access after they found out about the illegal downloading... unsure.gif

So basicaly all i've got is the old stuff thats on my mp3 player! sad.gif

When christmas time comes i will be downloading by the bucketload.

Tut Tut Sharon...

Reason 1 for NEVER going into University Halls lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users