Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
What's On Your Mind - HSN forum - Page 333

What's On Your Mind

9368 replies to this topic

#6641 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 26 November 2006 - 09:26 PM

There is only 3 weeks 'til holidays biggrin.gif

I don't know why i'm so excited tbh, i've put in for many working hours.
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#6642 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 09:52 PM

First week of holidays starts tomorrow. Woo.

#6643 Richard_05

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Interests:I'm not going to sit and type my grades, nor my plans for the future, nor a random fact. :)

Posted 26 November 2006 - 09:58 PM

Like 4 weeks for us. sad.gif

#6644 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 26 November 2006 - 10:29 PM

x
@

#6645 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 11:37 PM

i have a talk to give in 12 hours. its 10 minutes long. i currently have 3 minutes worth of stuff & have run out of things to talk about. screwed? oh yes!
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#6646 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 08:16 AM

QUOTE(broughy @ Nov 26 2006, 11:37 PM) View Post

i have a talk to give in 12 hours. its 10 minutes long. i currently have 3 minutes worth of stuff & have run out of things to talk about. screwed? oh yes!

Acetape slides are your friends. Even if it's a picture/diagram that's only vaguely related to your talk, it still kills a couple of minutes.

Falling on the way to the stage/front of the class, and dropping your notes in the middle of it'll net you some time too. tongue.gif

#6647 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 27 November 2006 - 08:49 AM

QUOTE(Switch @ Nov 27 2006, 08:16 AM) View Post

Acetape slides are your friends. Even if it's a picture/diagram that's only vaguely related to your talk, it still kills a couple of minutes.

Falling on the way to the stage/front of the class, and dropping your notes in the middle of it'll net you some time too. tongue.gif

They are called Acetates, not Acetapes.

You should know Mr Alf <middle name> Rockhart!

#6648 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 09:01 AM

QUOTE(John @ Nov 27 2006, 08:49 AM) View Post

You should know Mr Alf <middle name> Rockhart!

Thank you for posting my real name on an internet message board, Mr Holland Enbarrette of Stoneyburn; currently doing a Maths/Comp science degree at Robert Gordon University. wink.gif

Wa-hay for anonymity.

#6649 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 27 November 2006 - 09:24 AM

QUOTE(Switch @ Nov 27 2006, 09:01 AM) View Post

QUOTE(John @ Nov 27 2006, 08:49 AM) View Post

You should know Mr Robert <middle name> Dingle!

Thank you for posting my real name on an internet message board, Mr Holland Enbarrette of Stoneyburn; currently doing a Maths/Comp science degree at Strathclyde University. wink.gif

Wa-hay for anonymity.

Why did you change your name in the quote? O.o

Oh and i live in Pollock!

#6650 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 09:32 AM

QUOTE(tuppence @ Nov 26 2006, 10:29 PM) View Post

I'm such a hypochondriac.

I've had a bit of a cold all week and a girl in one of my groups at uni emailed to say she has mumps. So, of course, I'm now convinced that the cold is a sign that I'm developing mumps.

And (like all good hypochondriacs do) I've looked up symptoms & stuff of mumps on t'Google and I'm certain that, not only am I getting mumps, but it's going to develop into meningitis.

Or maybe I have leprosy. Or plague. Or cholera. Or SOMETHING.

BOOHOO.

I went to the doctor with a cold, quite convinced that I was going to develop a chest infection and die. She gave me a strange look, then prescribed some antibiotics and sent me on my way.

I like to dramatise though. Before my operation I was sitting wailing, "What if I diiiiiiiiiiie?!" They had to bring my mum in to calm me down.

Why they couldn't have given me drugs to do that is quite beyond me.

I have a French test today, troops! Which I have done very little for, but it's all good. I plan on swotting up on the train and telling that annoying little boy who asks if he smells like meatballs to be on his way.

#6651 Blondie

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Interests:Computers, space, drawing, music, pirates, ice cream, writing, sewing, etc etc.

Posted 27 November 2006 - 02:00 PM

Yay Computing. I hate Mondays, but at least I get to make pizza next period. Wooh.
-Blondie.

Whoa, I actually have something to put down here!

Crafting Journal!

#6652 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 04:58 PM

talk actually ended up being too long, had to cut out a huge big section when i realised i wouldn't actually have time for it!

i must, however, thank the complete idiot in the department office who clearly didn't quite grasp the fact that inkject printer OHP slides have one rough side for the ink to stick to. thanks to her, my slides were lovely & smudgey. she'll be getting a piece of my mind when i go to get my OHP slides for next weeks talk. i hate this 3rd year thing, its all talks & essays mad.gif
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#6653 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 05:01 PM

Oh, I'm all giggly and giddy.

Boys are strange creatures. MSN flirting is the best fun ever though.

In other news, I can now play poker. Hoorah!

#6654 dehny

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 10:56 PM

4 days left before Christmas Holidays start.

only got 2 exams and a full module journal to do by Friday

sad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gif
My profile

1. Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt,
Wenn es stets zu Schutz und Trutze
Brüderlich zusammenhält,
Von der Maas bis an die Memel,
Von der Etsch bis an den Belt -
Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt.

#6655 Blondie

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Interests:Computers, space, drawing, music, pirates, ice cream, writing, sewing, etc etc.

Posted 28 November 2006 - 08:13 AM

I'm tired and sore. sad.gif Stupid crafting...
-Blondie.

Whoa, I actually have something to put down here!

Crafting Journal!

#6656 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 07:37 PM

I'd better get a sodding exemption for French. I got 70% for the reading test, and 81.4% for the listening, and I always get high marks for the self-evaluations because I cheat, so if I get made to sit 5 exams in May, I WILL CRY.

#6657 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 07:56 PM

I'm curious...

Has anyone heard anything about the Livingston Designer Outlet(McArthur Glen) bomb threat? <.<

#6658 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 09:11 PM

I haven't.

A dangerous beast has escaped from an abbatior up the road from me though. I don't even know what sort of dangerous beast it is.
Maybe the dangerous beast is on a mission to trash McArthur Glen.

Anyone ever have brain dead days? I had one today, kept walking into things, forgetting how to talk, absolutely no motivation at all and was just incredibly thick. I think I'm recovering though, at least I don't feel so depressed.

#6659 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 28 November 2006 - 10:05 PM

Is it something sorta like..

A friend was in <insert place> and noticed a man drop his bag/purse/whatever and ran up to catch him and give it to him. They get the man and give him said object. He says "one good deed deserves another, don't be in <insert place> on <insert time> and walks away"

?
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#6660 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE(lesley @ Nov 28 2006, 10:05 PM) View Post

Is it something sorta like..

A friend was in <insert place> and noticed a man drop his bag/purse/whatever and ran up to catch him and give it to him. They get the man and give him said object. He says "one good deed deserves another, don't be in <insert place> on <insert time> and walks away"

?

YES!

I'm working on the rumoured day it's supposed to hit us, but I've heard stuff about Glasgow and Edinburgh too.

What's the deal with it? The whole centre's been warned, and we're supposed to go to work as normal.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users