Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
What's On Your Mind - HSN forum - Page 318

What's On Your Mind

9368 replies to this topic

#6341 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 09:40 AM

Aaah 2 essays to do for friday. One on a subject I know NOTHING about (the celts), the other in pure gaelic. sad.gif

Crap day today. Again. gaelic 9-10, celtic 11-12.

Then big GAP where its hard to know what to do.

H of A tutorial 2-3, history of art lecture 3-4.

hellllllllllp meeee.

#6342 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 16 October 2006 - 03:12 PM

That's not a massive gap. You could have lunch and do some work for the tutorial, no?
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#6343 st-and Paul

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Interests:Check facebook, i cant be bothered putting them all down again :P

Posted 16 October 2006 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE(bred @ Oct 16 2006, 04:12 PM) View Post

That's not a massive gap. You could have lunch and do some work for the tutorial, no?

Library? Do the reading for your tutorial, and any questions that they have given you. Have a look at the reading list for your module on celts, read up what you think is relevant to the essay topic and get writing. Put references in whenever appropriate but be careful about academic fraud. And most of all, dont panic. Uni gets like this at times, i was snowed under at the end of week 2, and somehow u get thru it smile.gif

#6344 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 03:20 PM

A big gap's Gillian's 11 til 5.

She just goes home.

#6345 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 16 October 2006 - 04:23 PM

I helped my mum make apple crumble just there. Someday, i'll be able to cook all by myself :]

No fillings at the dentist, hoorah, i feel its a direct result of the drastic reducement in irn bru consumption.

Actually, what happened to that thread that listed abut 693730 links about many different topics? Was it dodgy? I had my doubts. But my losing weight tip was excellent.
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#6346 xpurple_starsx

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm in second year at Glasgow Yewnee studying Biology Type Things... haven't decided on my actual degree subject yet... someone wanna choose for me??

Posted 16 October 2006 - 06:27 PM

I thought a four hour gap was a big one! But yeah, gaps are usually filled with lunch and then library (or shopping biggrin.gif ). I had my big gap today and got a seat in the library before I realised I'd forgotten my notes to study... so I just came home and missed my 5 o'clock. Better than wasting 3/4 hours doing nothing!
The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself.

#6347 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 06:39 PM

i have 5 hour gaps on wednesdays, 4 hour gaps on thursdays, 2x2 hours on Mondays and 2 hours on Tuesdays...oh, and i have no lectures until 4 on fridays smile.gif

#6348 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 16 October 2006 - 06:44 PM

I have one hour gap on monday, finish uni at 1 on tuesday, with a 1/2 hour gap between 10 and 12, i'm off on wednesdays, thursday, i finish at 2, no gaps. Fridays, I finish at 1 with a two hour gap in between.

#6349 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 09:06 PM

mondays, i'm in 10-5, with an hour between 1 & 2. tuesdays i start at 11 & finish at 12, wednesdays i have a lecture 10-11, finish after that in odd weeks, but have a maths tutorial 12-1 & finish after that in even weeks, thursdays i'm 11-5 with an hour off, & fridays i'm 1-5. so no long breaks for me.

i do miss our pub lunches though sad.gif
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#6350 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 16 October 2006 - 09:40 PM

ARRRGH! I hate being so thick. I can't answer a single question of the finance tutorial work that we've been given. I am so bloody thick.

Should bloody well quit uni right now. sad.gif
@

#6351 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 09:47 PM

I used to have a five hour break between Intro to Management and Microeconomics on Friday. I killed that with a tutorial and a workshop.

EDIT:
QUOTE(tuppence @ Oct 16 2006, 10:40 PM) View Post

ARRRGH! I hate being so thick. I can't answer a single question of the finance tutorial work that we've been given. I am so bloody thick.

Want some help? I've my own one of those to do for Thursday. :/

#6352 Pete

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 03:13 PM

Loads of work to do... I need to stop procrastinating ermm.gif

... Meh, I'll do it later.

#6353 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 17 October 2006 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE(Switch @ Oct 16 2006, 10:47 PM) View Post
QUOTE(tuppence @ Oct 16 2006, 10:40 PM) View Post

Want some help? I've my own one of those to do for Thursday. :/

Ello! Managed to get it all sorted today. Seems I can actually do it. Think it was just the stress of having worked 40 hours last week (no sleep, no time to study, no day off, not a happy Tuppy!) which was getting me in a bit of a confused mess over it.

I am all calmlike today. Even after having spent 150 on FOUR(!!) measly textbooks.

Thanks for the offer though! Shall probably pester you in future for advice on all things finance-tutorial-homework related. smile.gif
@

#6354 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 17 October 2006 - 06:45 PM

Canadian lecturer today was annoying

#6355 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 08:55 PM

I went to my first society meeting tonight, thanks to the ease-of-travel benefits that come with a car. Watched about the first hour of Appleseed, then suddenly felt really hungry. Like an oh-my-god-this-hurts kinda hungry. Had to leave and go get something to eat. Think I got jeered for leaving early. Screw them.

#6356 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 10:25 AM

I have no hair left.

It's fun. My head feels ten times lighter.

#6357 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 18 October 2006 - 11:19 AM

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Oct 18 2006, 11:25 AM) View Post

I have no hair left.

It's fun. My head feels ten times lighter.

A bald Lindsay?

LMAO

(btw i know it would have been just a hair cut)

#6358 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE(Message on Univillage)

are you the guy that always sits in the back corner or LT4?

Woah. Doesn't that make me sound like a right weirdo?

It's the best seat in the house!

#6359 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE(John @ Oct 18 2006, 12:19 PM) View Post

A bald Lindsay?

LMAO

(btw i know it would have been just a hair cut)

I wouldn't like to be bald. I hope that never happens.

I'm not quite bald, but I must have had about ten inches of hair cut off. biggrin.gif

#6360 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 02:50 PM

I can't believe some people sometimes...look at this:

QUOTE(myspace bulletin)
Date: Oct 18, 2006 12:51 PM
Subject:SEND ME A BIRTHDAY GREETING
Body: HI IT'S MY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW SEND ME A GREETING

I mean who has to ask for happy birthday messages