Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
What's On Your Mind - HSN forum - Page 307

What's On Your Mind

9368 replies to this topic

#6121 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 03 October 2006 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE(John @ Oct 3 2006, 07:50 PM) View Post

QUOTE(lesley @ Oct 2 2006, 10:10 PM) View Post

I saw a certain John Mallan today. I don't think he liked the rain much. It made him run over the road without the aid of the green man. Tsk.

Oh did you now, miss tap me on the shoulder and give me a fright when i was running late for CS104!!!!

Haha! Made your day i bet tongue.gif

You looked scared laugh.gif
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#6122 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 03 October 2006 - 08:30 PM

I didn't even have this worry when doing my PS. I just wrote what was on my mind, and the guidance teacher said it was good enough. Well, obviously it was. I got in uni, didn't I? tongue.gif

#6123 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 08:37 PM

Here's some inspiration for you all.

QUOTE(Switch's Personal Statement)
A combination of factors have influenced my decision to pursue a business-related career; my enjoyment and aptitude in the Business Management course at school, my work experience in the retail industry and my belief that degree qualifications will afford me excellent employment opportunities. Throughout the last few years, I have developed competent IT skills which, I anticipate, will be an essential asset in the business world. My interest in computers extends to my leisure time, where I enjoy online role-playing games. These have enhanced my problem solving abilities and confidence as I have helped to organise and manage events and collaborated with others in the process. At school, I am captain of my school house, having been elected by my peers. This responsible role entails communicating with both staff and peers and representing the latter's views in various meetings. I enjoyed an excellent work experience at CODA Music in a local shopping centre. My duties ranged from dealing with the public to the various tasks involved in stock control and display. My time there gave me an insight into the need for good customer service and effective teamwork, in successful business ventures. My school career has reflected my consistency in meeting deadlines and my reliability in terms of my excellent attendance record. I look forward to both the educational and social opportunities of university life.

Notice how I bled dry the fact that I once worked for a week in a music store? I really just sat around all day playing with CDs, but that's not what the universities wanna hear. Play with the truth a little, just don't go overboard and tell them you're a friggin' astronaut or anything.

#6124 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE(Blondie @ Oct 3 2006, 11:43 AM) View Post

Edit: There's a spider in my room. Well, he's currently in the vacuum. Which is still in my room, incase it crawls out. And past experience with undead spiders has taught me that there's more than one bugger there. So I'm in the kitchen. The spiders have 3 hours of battery life to kill eachother before I go back in there. >.<

You have undead spiders in your room!! Run, the undead are rising!!!

Thanks for that inspiration. Inspire is a useful word. Must use. My PS is now "much better" but I get the feeling that I need to add some inspiration. I got a whole paragraph out of my work experiance. Still, the Nathan approach might have been easier.

#6125 dehny

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 08:06 AM

had a migraine last night, flatmates knowing this then decided to blast out trance tunes till 5 in morning

somehow i accidently forgot to wake them this monring when no-one was up in time for classes dry.gif

also spotted Lindsay's text in the Record?
My profile

1. Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt,
Wenn es stets zu Schutz und Trutze
Brüderlich zusammenhält,
Von der Maas bis an die Memel,
Von der Etsch bis an den Belt -
Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt.

#6126 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 09:36 AM

Bleh. I've had to miss Uni today.

Arrived at Bathgate station in time for the 7:47 train, which would get me to HWU with 25 minutes to spare before my first lecture. Train doesn't show. That's fine, I'll get the next one, I'll still make it to HWU in the nick of time.

Train gets to Newbridge and suddenly stops. We wait for half an hour before we're told there's a major powercut at Haymarket, and we can't go any further.

"We have been instructed to return to Bathgate. All trains today are cancelled until further notice! We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please use alternate transport! "

Like what? The bus from Bathgate which takes 2 hours, and would get me there just to see my third and final lecture end? No thanks.

Edit: Look at the piece of crap I found on my kitchen floor. rolleyes.gif

IPB Image

#6127 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 04 October 2006 - 12:56 PM

Changed degree course today.

My originl course was:

BSc Computer Science

And my new course is:

BSc Mathematics and Computer Science

I'm a happy man now smile.gif

#6128 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 01:31 PM

Helen's achievement for today:

i actually did some of the work we were set in my maths tutorial. &, with a bit of help from Stacey & Andy, actually understood it.

a minor miracle smile.gif
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#6129 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE(dehny @ Oct 4 2006, 09:06 AM) View Post

They printed it wrong. I never even went on Monday. I didn't specify why day. They are gay.

But yes, that was me, haha!

They were fantastic last night. I want to marry all of them.

#6130 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE(Switch @ Oct 4 2006, 10:36 AM) View Post

Bleh. I've had to miss Uni today.

Arrived at Bathgate station in time for the 7:47 train, which would get me to HWU with 25 minutes to spare before my first lecture. Train doesn't show. That's fine, I'll get the next one, I'll still make it to HWU in the nick of time.

Train gets to Newbridge and suddenly stops. We wait for half an hour before we're told there's a major powercut at Haymarket, and we can't go any further.

"We have been instructed to return to Bathgate. All trains today are cancelled until further notice! We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please use alternate transport! "

Like what? The bus from Bathgate which takes 2 hours, and would get me there just to see my third and final lecture end? No thanks.

My dad goes on that 7.47 train!! wink.gif

I'm incredibly annoyed with Aberdeen University. I've had to drop music from my degree because it clashes with Gaelic in the timetable. How stupid is that - why do they even bother having a degree titled "Gaelic and Music" when its actually impossible to do??!! Furthermore, the uni gave me no help whasoever in helping me sort out my timetable. I'm truly pissed of. dry.gif

So I'm now doing Gaelic and History of Art. I regret not going to art school. If I'd known I'd end up not doing music, I wouldn't have come to Aberdeen! But unfortunately I have no choice now and I'll just have to get on with it.

A little bit of light at the end of the tunnel though....the boy I went to dinner with tonight reminded me so much of Serge! ohmy.gif It was great biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Its moments like these when you start thinking its worth being in Aberdeen after all.

#6131 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 05:26 PM

IPB Image

You're a closet mcfly fan really, Switch tongue.gif

#6132 dehny

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Oct 4 2006, 03:48 PM) View Post

QUOTE(dehny @ Oct 4 2006, 09:06 AM) View Post

They printed it wrong. I never even went on Monday. I didn't specify why day. They are gay.

But yes, that was me, haha!

They were fantastic last night. I want to marry all of them.

so it wasnt just my sleep deprivation laugh.gif
My profile

1. Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt,
Wenn es stets zu Schutz und Trutze
Brüderlich zusammenhält,
Von der Maas bis an die Memel,
Von der Etsch bis an den Belt -
Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt.

#6133 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE(Nathan @ Oct 4 2006, 06:26 PM) View Post

IPB Image

You're a closet mcfly fan really, Switch tongue.gif

Those things cost £8.

Ridiculous.

#6134 Pete

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 08:22 PM

Exactly. Who in the right mind would pay eight quid just to burn something? tongue.gif

#6135 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 04 October 2006 - 10:07 PM

Agreed. Who wants to pay 8 quids to burn something when they could just write McFly on a piece of paper and burn it! biggrin.gif

#6136 Alz

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 08:02 AM

QUOTE(The Wedge Effect @ Oct 4 2006, 11:07 PM) View Post

Agreed. Who wants to pay 8 quids to burn something when they could just write McFly on a piece of paper and burn it! biggrin.gif

It's more fufilling burning an actual piece of their merc. wink.gif

#6137 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 08:45 AM

You're all so cruel.

They are actually fantastic live. Not many pop acts can get on stage and play totally live for an hour and forty five minutes.

It's just good, clean fun. And Danny kept looking at me.

It's that size-too-small-for-me black top that does it, I'm telling you.

#6138 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 03:24 PM

JOHN! You were late for MA101 today! Tut tut!

tongue.gif

#6139 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 05 October 2006 - 04:13 PM

I had a little HSN fest today.

Wedge, dave, john and dear tuppence were all spotted in and about the K325 area. I have had a good flick through the history books btw and you're dead right, some hotties! (and no yellow water stains either..) tongue.gif

I also saw khalid on the 44 bus on the way home. I noticed you after i had sat down, so didn't really fancy shouting across a packed bus to you, apologies.

I is no stalker.
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#6140 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 04:56 PM

Journalism and Creative Writing is quite scary.

They all take it so seriously.

And they're all old.

And I can't write.

Aaargh.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users