Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Family Parties - HSN forum

Family Parties

43 replies to this topic

#1 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Feel free to add me to your MSN, and I'll be happy to answer any questions on there.<br /><br />Standard Grade Results 2005<br /><br />8 ones in english, maths, chemistry, biology, physics, modern studies, graphics and french<br /><br />Higher Results 2006:<br /><br />Maths - A<br />English - A<br />Chemistry - A<br />Human Biology - A<br />Modern Studies - A<br /><br />In 6th Year I will be studying Chemistry, Biology and English all to Advanced Higher Level.<br /><br />Applying to study Medicine for 2007 entry :)

Posted 28 July 2005 - 09:27 PM

why, Why, WHY do i have to get dragged along to these things? sad.gif
Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common -- they are shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity... and in a flash, they're gone.

#2 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 09:31 PM

you're not alone, its a sacrifice we all have to make lol

#3 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 28 July 2005 - 10:05 PM

I don't, i just say i have an important essay to do or something, even during the summer holidays, and i get away with it!!

#4 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 01:20 PM

I love family parties, they're a hoot.

It normally involves dancing on tables and pass the parcel.

#5 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 01:59 PM

Our "family parties" are the best (in my opinion smile.gif ) - they are ceilidhs usually held up north at christmas time. I love them - brilliant fun!! There is lots of dancing, music (pipes, fiddles etc.) and it is the only time of the year when all the relations meet up together. Having a large family and lots of aunties and uncles and cousins is great at a time like this! biggrin.gif highlight of the year!! biggrin.gif (well...in my childish mind anyway! wink.gif )

#6 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 29 July 2005 - 02:31 PM

i got my wee cousins one

At a soft play in Helenburgh

NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#7 Steven_Gerrard

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 02:37 PM

engagement parties suck when your wearing jeans and grubby trainers full of the local parks mud and EVERYONE is wearing a suit. sad.gif

#8 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 03:05 PM

In my experience family parties are only fun when your really wee and dont understand the arguments of your distant relatives who you think you've never met before but they seem to recognise you! blink.gif

#9 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE(Steven_Gerrard @ Jul 29 2005, 03:37 PM)
engagement parties suck when your wearing jeans and grubby trainers full of the local parks mud and EVERYONE is wearing a suit. sad.gif

View Post

heh, join the club. i went to a special ceremony thing last night in jeans. i think i should have worn a dress or something so girly. unsure.gif

#10 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 03:43 PM

i've done something like that but the other way round i thought that everybody else was gona be dressed up and bought a dress and everything i went and everyone else was all dressed in jeans, i felt a little bit awkward lol sad.gif biggrin.gif

#11 AppleCore

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
  • Interests:Photography but first has to be Mountain Biking!

Posted 29 July 2005 - 06:31 PM

being over 2000Miles away from home dosnt make it easy for me to go to family gatherings.. which is rather convenient lol!.. i never really liked them anyways... havnt been to a family gathering for over 5 years which is rather gd!..

#12 JiLL

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 08:46 PM

family parties are brill! pity we have to drive miles and miles to get to them though! tongue.gif
beast

#13 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 29 July 2005 - 09:30 PM

I love family parties. last week about 10 of the Roy clan (plus the boyfriend) met up in central station to get the train to Kilmarnock. Train was cancelled and we all missed the christening we were going to. My poor wee granny was upset, first christening out of the lot of us (and there's alot!!) she's missed. We made the function, got loads of food and drink. All good.
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#14 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 30 July 2005 - 11:20 AM

I hate family get-togethers of any kind. They consist mainly of these questions:

"What are you doing at school?"
*grumble*

"Are you still a vegetarian?"
YES. It's not a 'phase', dammit.

"Do you have a boyfriend?"
No.

"Aww, why not? Are you...?"
NO I'M NOT A LESBIAN.

interspersed with the odd "You've grown!" or "Stand back to back with [name] so we can see how tall you are (and point and laugh at you for being a giant. We only point and laugh about it because we are teeny tiny little trolls and we are jealous of your long limbs and towering height)".

Grr.
@

#15 dfx

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE(Steven_Gerrard @ Jul 29 2005, 03:37 PM)

View Post

Hey whatever rocks your socks slong as the bhangra flows. Kno wat I'm sayin wink.gif

#16 Icemaiden

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:Mwahahahaha!Attempting to dominate the world.

Posted 31 July 2005 - 09:29 PM

I hate family get-togethers of any kind. They consist mainly of these questions:

*grumble*

No.

NO I'M NOT A LESBIAN.

interspersed with the odd "You've grown!" or "Stand back to back with [name] so we can see how tall you are (and point and laugh at you for being a giant. We only point and laugh about it because we are teeny tiny little trolls and we are jealous of your long limbs and towering height)".

Exactly that!
http://icemaiden04.deviantart.com

I'm a nutter in need of a new home (any offers?!? :P)

Cornish Pasty Pixie

"Its a new dawn,its a new day,its a new life for me....and i'm feeling good" -->Muse,Feeling good

#17 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 31 July 2005 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE(Icemaiden @ Jul 31 2005, 10:29 PM)

*grumble*

No.

NO I'M NOT A LESBIAN.

Exactly that!

View Post

QFE (Quoted For Emphasis)

#18 AppleCore

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
  • Interests:Photography but first has to be Mountain Biking!

Posted 01 August 2005 - 11:34 AM

QUOTE(tuppence @ Jul 30 2005, 12:20 PM)

*grumble*

View Post

try telling them that you failed all your highers or something.. i always got a really good reaction from that lol!!!

#19 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 08:01 PM

not in my family, actually thats quite a common thing-to fail exams not try hard enough etc- they would probably be more shocked if i said id passed them all!

#20 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 01 August 2005 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE(dondon @ Aug 1 2005, 09:01 PM)
not in my family, actually thats quite a common thing-to fail exams not try hard enough etc- they would probably be more shocked if i said id passed them all!

View Post

It's the same here, especially on my father's side. Nobody passed their exams on his side. I was the first family member to pass exams, and I passed them well. As I recall, my gran was crying in happiness because I passed my standard grades. A bit odd, I know...hmm...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users