Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
The Football Thread - HSN forum - Page 45

The Football Thread

1093 replies to this topic

#881 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:My interests

Posted 18 May 2006 - 12:39 AM

unlucky arsenal

#882 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Interests:mm.... to lazy to say

if your really interested you can just ask!

(and the womb bit works in the forums where it says "from" but not here duh just makes me sound.. well... weird!)

Posted 18 May 2006 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE(kyle @ May 17 2006, 11:37 PM) View Post

What the f*ck. I think we just saw 2 of the worst refereeing decisions of all time by one ref... in one match.

First lehman being sent off and the dissallowed goal and then the arsenal free kick - it was clearly a dive.

For lehman, i reckon they should either have give the goal and kept the keeper on or given a yellow and awarded a penalty, what the ref did was stupid.

What a tard. He spoiled the game for both teams and thousands of fans, including me.

he blow his whistle as soon as it happened. therefore he made up his mind too quickly but because he had blown his whistle and play had stopped. he had to disallow the goal and bring it back for the foul. and it was a straight red. if he had waited abit longer before he had blown. it would have been a yellow and a goal. full stop.

he had made his mind up and to be fair u don;t wanty the ref changing their minds. cos then the players will be in control of the game and not the ref.

its a disgrace the way players try to influence the ref in footy. it should be alot more like rugby. the players should respect the ref and understand his word is final and there is no point in arguing.

#883 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

(and the womb bit works in the forums where it says "from" but not here duh just makes me sound.. well... weird!)

Posted 20 May 2006 - 03:36 PM

dunno about you but this has made my day.

World cup highlights

archie = genius goal

and what a goal by Rep!

the germany V france game is great a classic tongue.gif

#884 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 04:05 PM

Watch the Quirky world cup moments!

hahaha laugh.gif genius

Robbie Williams and martin O'Neil

O'Niel " to be honest with u u have done very well with urself. cos u can;t play anything, you can't write.. but tht angels song was class"

laugh.gif

And Jimmy Hill what a clown he is. seriously now. And tht chin tongue.gif him and peter beardsy laugh.gif

#885 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE(PK Barackis @ May 21 2006, 05:05 PM) View Post

laugh.gif

And Jimmy Hill what a **** he is. seriously now. And tht chin tongue.gif him and peter beardsy laugh.gif

i once got warned for ACCIDENTAL useage of that c word mellow.gif

#886 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 02:15 PM

QUOTE(miss macleod @ May 23 2006, 03:11 PM) View Post

lol well done sharon. do u want a medal? blue peter badge maybe? tongue.gif

PS thts a sly edit by Lady Macleod there tongue.gif

#887 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE(PK Barackis @ May 20 2006, 04:36 PM) View Post

dunno about you but this has made my day.

World cup highlights

The 98 review brought back memories, especially the music at the start biggrin.gif

#888 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 25 May 2006 - 08:56 PM

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! laugh.gif

England's World Cup Squad (The majority of them) just lost to Belarus 2-1 at home! laugh.gif

Belarus's star player, Alexander Hleb (Arsenal) wasn't even playing! biggrin.gif

#889 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 09:11 PM

Ho HO

just saw tht too. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

gd result for scotlands U21 on sat aswell

#890 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE(PK Barackis @ May 23 2006, 03:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(miss macleod @ May 23 2006, 03:11 PM) View Post

lol well done sharon. do u want a medal? blue peter badge maybe? tongue.gif

PS thts a sly edit by Lady Macleod there tongue.gif

ohmy.gif NO you eddited YOUR post mad.gif

#891 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 25 May 2006 - 09:26 PM

QUOTE(PK Barackis @ May 25 2006, 10:11 PM) View Post
Ho HO

just saw tht too. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

gd result for scotlands U21 on sat aswell

Turkey were cheating gits. But Steven Naismith scores again for Scotland biggrin.gif There's only been one game in Under 19s, Under 21s and the Future Squad games that he's played in where he hasn't scored!

Anyways, heard from my mates that the Celtic boy Quinn was the stand out player. And it was never a sending off. Mulgrew was also meant to be fantastic.

#892 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 10:26 PM

LAWL @ england

#893 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 09:38 AM

Crouch robot celebration

More Crouch robot dancing

biggrin.gif laugh.gif

#894 Richard_05

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Interests:I'm not going to sit and type my grades, nor my plans for the future, nor a random fact. :)

Posted 31 May 2006 - 11:07 AM

Hehe

#895 thomas_c_k

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 12:37 PM

Proposed changes gor the SFL

Proposed changes in the SFL, i think as a whole there a good idea , however whether other teams agree is a differnet matter

i feel the 3000 seats rule is unfair, and i cant see the play off idea working between the spl and Division1 as i think the likes of Motherwell, Dunfermline , Kilmarnock will be to scared of going down and vote against it. Apart from that i cant see any problems

Some people say that Jason Scotland white shirt number 10 is a cheat.

Those in the know will tell you differently

#896 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE(thomas_c_k @ May 31 2006, 01:37 PM) View Post
Proposed changes gor the SFL

Proposed changes in the SFL, i think as a whole there a good idea , however whether other teams agree is a differnet matter

i feel the 3000 seats rule is unfair, and i cant see the play off idea working between the spl and Division1 as i think the likes of Motherwell, Dunfermline , Kilmarnock will be to scared of going down and vote against it. Apart from that i cant see any problems

All time bank of Scotland SPL Table:
http://www.scotprem.premiumtv.co.uk/page/N...~832657,00.html

Team P W D L F A Pts
celtic 300 226 40 34 739 243 718
rangers 300 208 54 38 654 240 678
hearts 300 126 73 101 426 360 451
killie 300 108 75 117 383 437 399
aberdeen 300 99 71 130 353 451 368
hibs 264 99 63 102 379 389 360
well 300 92 71 137 363 472 347

There's the top 7 out of 16.

That to me suggests that teams like Killie and Motherwell aren't the teams that really worry about relegation. wink.gif

#897 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 03:37 PM

whats ever one think about gerrad's dive the other night and the way the pundents said it was ok?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/w...and/5033004.stm

#898 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 03:49 PM

Well all I can say about Ian Wright is: Once a wanker, always a wanker.

I hate the guy, but I did enjoy watching him squirm and give piss poor excuses for England being so mince against Northern Ireland. biggrin.gif

Simply put, there's no good excuse for cheating. If you dive then you deserve every bit of abuse from the fans that comes your way.

#899 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 31 May 2006 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE(Scott @ May 31 2006, 04:49 PM) View Post

I hate the guy, but I did enjoy watching him squirm and give piss poor excuses for England being so mince against Northern Ireland. biggrin.gif

Simply put, there's no good excuse for cheating. If you dive then you deserve every bit of abuse from the fans that comes your way.

All sentiments echoed. wink.gif

However, can't say the same about your earlier post - what is the logic behind that? blink.gif Times move on, Well were once a second-placed team in Scotland but are going to struggle next season. In fact, losing Butcher will condemn them to the relegation that they avoided a few years ago due to Falkirk's stadium. Bookmark that, I dare you. tongue.gif

The proposed changes overall are good, however I would prefer bigger divisions in the lower structure - 2 leagues of 16 would be better than the current 3 tiers. However, relegation must be introduced at the lower end, as small junior teams deserve an oppertunity to gain entrance into the SFL. wink.gif

Changing topic a wee bit, there has been worrying goings on at Clyde over the last few weeks, I expect most people will have noticed in the papers. Basically, Graham Roberts (Manager) and Joe Miller (Assistant) have had a huge fall-out, and accused each other of all sorts of financial fraud. However, I think wee Joe should stay, as the players seem to be fully behind him, and he is responsible for our lucrative sponsorship from Dubai. Also, he is responsible for the training etc, so is more active...plus the fact that he has shown Roberts' accusations are false. Why oh why do we always have a laughing-stock close season at Broadwood? sad.gif

Wow...that must be my longest ever post!
Check Out My Space! - www.myspace.com

Aberdeen University - French and International Relations - September 06'

IPB Image

#900 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 10:03 PM

QUOTE(djh1878 @ May 31 2006, 10:34 PM) View Post
QUOTE(Scott @ May 31 2006, 04:49 PM) View Post

All sentiments echoed. wink.gif

However, can't say the same about your earlier post - what is the logic behind that? blink.gif Times move on, Well were once a second-placed team in Scotland but are going to struggle next season. In fact, losing Butcher will condemn them to the relegation that they avoided a few years ago due to Falkirk's stadium. Bookmark that, I dare you. tongue.gif

The proposed changes overall are good, however I would prefer bigger divisions in the lower structure - 2 leagues of 16 would be better than the current 3 tiers. However, relegation must be introduced at the lower end, as small junior teams deserve an oppertunity to gain entrance into the SFL. wink.gif

Changing topic a wee bit, there has been worrying goings on at Clyde over the last few weeks, I expect most people will have noticed in the papers. Basically, Graham Roberts (Manager) and Joe Miller (Assistant) have had a huge fall-out, and accused each other of all sorts of financial fraud. However, I think wee Joe should stay, as the players seem to be fully behind him, and he is responsible for our lucrative sponsorship from Dubai. Also, he is responsible for the training etc, so is more active...plus the fact that he has shown Roberts' accusations are false. Why oh why do we always have a laughing-stock close season at Broadwood? sad.gif

Wow...that must be my longest ever post!

On the earlier post I was merely saying that there are other teams I would certainly put as first choice for relegation next year and as those who would be most worried if it was a play off.

Split it up into tiers
First: St. Mirren, Falkirk, Dunfermline
Second: Motherwell, Dundee United
Third: ICT, Killie, Dons, Hibs
Fourth: Hearts
Fifth: Rangers, Celtic (Who easily move into the first tier if the new anti-sectarianism rules move into place! laugh.gif )

And yeah, I read about the Clyde scandal. Serious allegations but yeah, Miller is probably in the clear. After such a good year for the club it seems to be going haywire (Brighton possibly leaving too).

And yes, I've said it once and I'll say it again just for emphasis. Ian Wright - Once a wanker, always a wanker. I hope some German git dives and wins a penalty against England to knock them out. He'd better keep his mouth shut.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users