Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
The Football Thread - HSN forum - Page 4

The Football Thread

1093 replies to this topic

#61 Steven_Gerrard

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 12:47 PM

true, i honestly think they were unlucky this year as the market for world class players wasnt as big as past years. They want a striker but what world class striker could they get? Owen is their only option now whereas a couple of years ago guys like Ronaldo were being linked everywhere.....even newcastle came close to getting him on loan.

#62 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:My interests

Posted 04 August 2005 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE(Steven_Gerrard @ Aug 4 2005, 01:47 PM)
true, i honestly think they were unlucky this year as the market for world class players wasnt as big as past years. They want a striker but what world class striker could they get? Owen is their only option now whereas a couple of years ago guys like Ronaldo were being linked everywhere.....even newcastle came close to getting him on loan.

View Post

adriano? Shevchenko? Robinho? Ronaldinho (maybe not out and out) Go to Italy you will find loads. Go to Spain. Anywhere! Don't get me wrong, many of their sighnings have been good, like Robben, Duff.

What about their defence? They ended up buying complete unknown portuguese players! (I know I am getting biased)

#63 Steven_Gerrard

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 03:32 PM

what i meant was that big name players are less willing to be sold.
adriano shevchnko and ronaldinho would never have been sold as chelsea found out.
they bought those players as mourinho knew them and i think he's trying to build a squad rather than a team of big world class players...though its true that they havent really bought many "world class" players yet

#64 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE(Steven_Gerrard @ Aug 4 2005, 04:32 PM)
what i meant was that big name players are less willing to be sold.
adriano shevchnko and ronaldinho would never have been sold as chelsea found out.
they bought those players as mourinho knew them and i think he's trying to build a squad rather than a team of big world class players...though its true that they havent really bought many "world class" players yet

View Post

I don't think it is bad what Mourinho did. I actuallly think he has done great with the players he has bought. They have gelled together brilliantly. I am just a bit surprised he didn't go and use his money on some world-class players instead of some players like Glen Johnson, Scott Parker, Tiago, Del Horno etc. Some signings have been great like Wright Philips, etc

#65 Steven_Gerrard

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 03:39 PM

true but as I said, a lot of the world class players these days are not being sold. Its easier said than done buying world class players

#66 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE(Steven_Gerrard @ Aug 4 2005, 04:39 PM)
true but as I said, a lot of the world class players these days are not being sold. Its easier said than done buying world class players

View Post

What about Real Madrid?

#67 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 03:40 PM

they managed to lure in A LOT of players

#68 Steven_Gerrard

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 03:42 PM

thats different. real have the tradition and already have the talent to attract equally good talent. When chelsea have won a couple of more leagues and progressed more in europe they too should be able to attract these world class players.

#69 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 03:43 PM

your right. But I have noticed though that Chelsea's win as well as their financial security has made them a team that we feel are going to win the league year after year

EDITED again

Edited by YIC, 04 August 2005 - 03:47 PM.

#70 Steven_Gerrard

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 03:58 PM

thats true but Im hoping that their team will not play as well as last season. Man for man they have the spending power to be the best in the world but it depends if they can play well as a team.

#71 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 04:01 PM

QUOTE(Steven_Gerrard @ Aug 4 2005, 04:58 PM)
thats true but Im hoping that their team will not play as well as last season. Man for man they have the spending power to be the best in the world but it depends if they can play well as a team.

View Post

I think they have proved they can play well together. I just hope Liverpool can get in the top four cos I can't ever see us playing in the UEFA cup amongst teams like Hearts, SK Brann, FC Crapounak, etc

#72 Steven_Gerrard

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 09:44 PM

Liverpool should get a top 4 finish, they have more quality this time round.

#73 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 09:45 PM

yeh hopefully. I'd love to see Man U getting 5th and Everton coming in to the top four! That would be splendid

#74 Steven_Gerrard

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 09:48 PM

Man U wont get 5th, i think they'll do better this time. There gonna be struggling at the start and before august 31 theyre gonna get some1 like Ballack and everythings going to click like when Cantona came back from his ban all those many years ago.

#75 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 09:50 PM

For Man U to sign a German (let alone a B Munich) player goes against everything they stand for! (blah blah blah)

#76 LCaesar

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Playing guitar, watching Scrubs, and making little shapes out of bluetac (I made a Rolling Stones style mouth the other day...it was cool at the time!). <br />I've been obsessed with Green Day for ages, you can't have too much of a good thing.

Posted 15 August 2005 - 03:01 PM

The Old Firm is dead..............

long live the, er, New Firm? Aberdeen rule!!!!! biggrin.gif
Don't talk. Mime is money.IPB Image

#77 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 15 August 2005 - 03:04 PM

"Come on you reds" biggrin.gif
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#78 Steven_Gerrard

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 03:07 PM

errr yes because THEY are going to win the league......

please note the sarcasm.

#79 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 15 August 2005 - 03:09 PM

Encouraging a team that isn't going to win the league? I've never heard anything so ridiculous in my whole life.

Please note the sarcasm. wink.gif
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#80 Steven_Gerrard

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 03:13 PM

I hope for the sake of scottish football another team other than the old frim wins the league, is it gonna happen this year? never. hearts have the ambition, maybe they'll come close to 2nd place who knows. Not Aberdeen anyway.
In other news essiens gone to chelsea for 26million, ack he'll keep that bench warm till a club like newcastle buy him next year for half that price.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users