Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
The Football Thread - HSN forum - Page 3

The Football Thread

1093 replies to this topic

#41 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 02 August 2005 - 09:08 PM

It was a good come back but they shouldn't really have been in that position in the first place.

Kevin_kilbane doesn't support rangers huh.gif
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#42 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 02 August 2005 - 09:09 PM

I know, he supports Motherwell I think.
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#43 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 09:12 PM

Well i just didn't read your post fully tongue.gif I would predict he hates the OF equally, infact i'm 100% on that.
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",

#44 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 02 August 2005 - 09:15 PM

Ok, fair enough. I'm not quite sure where I got that from. Just forget I ever even mentioned Rangers and pretend I said Motherwell!
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#45 Steven_Gerrard

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 09:18 PM

I was in a mood to watch something funny so I decided to tune to channel 2 at 7:30. I wasnt disappointed. smile.gif

#46 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 09:20 PM

Anyone see Strachan give the Bratislava manager a wee push? Dunno what that was all about.

#47 *sofax*

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:playing the fiddle, swimming, music, the OC, Will and Grace and going out with friends. Not that there is much to do here!!

Posted 02 August 2005 - 09:31 PM

Celtic deserved to lose they are the dirtiest (spelling gone to pot!) team in the OF, even my mum comented and she takes nothing to do with football! It's actually funny how dirty Livingston have become under the new management!! Coincidence?!! Or just moi?!!
*a wee drop of heaven*

x sophie x

#48 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 09:33 PM

Livingston have always been a dirty team. Always.
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",

#49 *sofax*

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:playing the fiddle, swimming, music, the OC, Will and Grace and going out with friends. Not that there is much to do here!!

Posted 02 August 2005 - 09:35 PM

Yes I know! But they have almost come up to Celtics standards! Shocking!!
*a wee drop of heaven*

x sophie x

#50 Steven_Gerrard

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 09:35 PM

By the way it was Motherwell who drew 4-4 with celtic at the weekend smile.gif

#51 *sofax*

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 09:39 PM

Yeah, amazing game!!
*a wee drop of heaven*

x sophie x

#52 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Feel free to add me to your MSN, and I'll be happy to answer any questions on there.<br /><br />Standard Grade Results 2005<br /><br />8 ones in english, maths, chemistry, biology, physics, modern studies, graphics and french<br /><br />Higher Results 2006:<br /><br />Maths - A<br />English - A<br />Chemistry - A<br />Human Biology - A<br />Modern Studies - A<br /><br />In 6th Year I will be studying Chemistry, Biology and English all to Advanced Higher Level.<br /><br />Applying to study Medicine for 2007 entry :)

Posted 02 August 2005 - 10:30 PM

Well now that Celtic are no longer in European football this season, they can concentrate on the league. However, if rangers intend on getting anywhere then they're in for a rough ride as Celtic experienced by handling both when they were in the UEFA cup final. Brilliant season - yet achieved nothing
Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common -- they are shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity... and in a flash, they're gone.

#53 Steven_Gerrard

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 10:40 PM

however the champions league money was a must.

#54 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 03 August 2005 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE(Allana @ Aug 2 2005, 11:30 PM)
Well now that Celtic are no longer in European football this season, they can concentrate on the league. However, if rangers intend on getting anywhere then they're in for a rough ride as Celtic experienced by handling both when they were in the UEFA cup final. Brilliant season - yet achieved nothing

View Post

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Rangers will win the league by a big gap, and Hearts will challenge Celtic for second (but will fall away near the end). wink.gif

Celtic's defence is worse than Clyde's... laugh.gif laugh.gif rolleyes.gif
Check Out My Space! - www.myspace.com

Aberdeen University - French and International Relations - September 06'

IPB Image

#55 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:My interests

Posted 04 August 2005 - 11:32 AM

arghh, you can go shove Clyde up your ass for all I care! Liverpool are going to win the Champions league again this year!

#56 Steven_Gerrard

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 11:52 AM

I thnik this Rafa spanish revolution thing is either gonna click and do wonders or just be awfully bad. For the champions league you'd have to thnk Chelsea are up there as well as Real who now have Robinho(though the guys too skinny at 8stones) and with woodgate back their defence should be improved providing the fool doesnt injure himself again.

#57 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Feel free to add me to your MSN, and I'll be happy to answer any questions on there.<br /><br />Standard Grade Results 2005<br /><br />8 ones in english, maths, chemistry, biology, physics, modern studies, graphics and french<br /><br />Higher Results 2006:<br /><br />Maths - A<br />English - A<br />Chemistry - A<br />Human Biology - A<br />Modern Studies - A<br /><br />In 6th Year I will be studying Chemistry, Biology and English all to Advanced Higher Level.<br /><br />Applying to study Medicine for 2007 entry :)

Posted 04 August 2005 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE(djh1878 @ Aug 3 2005, 09:52 PM)
QUOTE(Allana @ Aug 2 2005, 11:30 PM)

View Post

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Rangers will win the league by a big gap, and Hearts will challenge Celtic for second (but will fall away near the end). wink.gif

Celtic's defence is worse than Clyde's... laugh.gif laugh.gif rolleyes.gif

View Post

Is that why Clyde are where they are now then? laugh.gif
Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common -- they are shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity... and in a flash, they're gone.

#58 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 12:20 PM

Real Madrid are a team on the downfall and whatever players they bring in they will never gell quick enough. Look at last season: They were rubbish at the start and it took them a while to close the gap on Barca. As for Chelsea, they are good. That's all I will say. Does it ever occur to you that despite all the money Chelsea have, they never seem to biuy amazingly good players, when comparing to Real Madrid?

#59 Steven_Gerrard

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 12:23 PM

Chelsea cant buy world class players at the moment but wait till they win a few more trophies, Freddy Adu has already said he wants to play for Chelsea one day. Whereas last year he said he'd sign for Man U or Real but preferred Man U as they are english speaking.
Real are unpredictable, man for man they could probably beat anyone but they need to get rid of Figo and drop Raul but for political reasons he wont get dropped till hell freezes over. Real are beginning to rebuild, they know their older world class players are past it hence the signing of robinho

#60 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 12:42 PM

The thing is, I see nothing stopping world class players from going to chelsea (they did win the league and came close to the Champions League final as well as the fact they have loads of money)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users