Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
The Football Thread - HSN forum - Page 54

The Football Thread

1093 replies to this topic

#1061 KDYFloorballer

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:Floorball, Football, Music, Drawing, Technology

Posted 15 December 2006 - 08:13 PM

Celtic have AC Milan and Rangers have Tel Aviv.
I can see both going through but Celtic will have a hard time at the San Siro - I think they can win at Parkhead, though.

#1062 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 14 March 2007 - 12:32 PM

Stevie Naismith scores 7 goals in 6 games and still doesn't get in the Scotland squad. sad.gif

Sadly, I know exactly what he'd need to do to get an automatic place in that squad. mad.gif

#1063 Richard_05

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Interests:I'm not going to sit and type my grades, nor my plans for the future, nor a random fact. :)

Posted 14 March 2007 - 03:54 PM

It won't be long wink.gif

#1064 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 14 March 2007 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE(Richard_05 @ Mar 14 2007, 03:54 PM) View Post
It won't be long wink.gif

Well if he does move down south in the summer he does.

Neither of the Old Firm have a chance of signing him. Rangers for one cannot afford him and he's intelligent enough to know that a move to Celtic also means sitting on the bench and he wants first team football. tongue.gif

#1065 Richard_05

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Interests:I'm not going to sit and type my grades, nor my plans for the future, nor a random fact. :)

Posted 14 March 2007 - 06:14 PM

Bleh, he wouldn't cost much, and has confessed to being a Rangers fan I thought?

On that note, Sebo in again tonight and Boyd on the bench.

#1066 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE(Richard_05 @ Mar 14 2007, 06:14 PM) View Post
Bleh, he wouldn't cost much, and has confessed to being a Rangers fan I thought?

2 and a half years left on his contract and a rising star, best estimated price is 1.5m+ currently. And he's a Killie fan, the papers suggested otherwise but they got that one wrong so says a member of the Naismith family. tongue.gif

Also, I was at the Youth Cup final a few years ago - The way he celebrated the victory and wound up the Gers fans was superb!

#1067 thomas_c_k

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE(Scott @ Mar 14 2007, 06:39 PM) View Post
QUOTE(Richard_05 @ Mar 14 2007, 06:14 PM) View Post

2 and a half years left on his contract and a rising star, best estimated price is 1.5m+ currently. And he's a Killie fan, the papers suggested otherwise but they got that one wrong so says a member of the Naismith family. tongue.gif

Also, I was at the Youth Cup final a few years ago - The way he celebrated the victory and wound up the Gers fans was superb!

He's not a Killie fan do you not read Scottish newspapers dont you understand the Scottish football etiquette every scottish player is "Celtic mad" or "Rangers daft" and desperate to play for their boyhood heroes

Some people say that Jason Scotland white shirt number 10 is a cheat.

Those in the know will tell you differently

#1068 Plug in Baby

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 07:23 PM

Raith have moved up to third in Div 2. Great news but I think we would be first if things had worked out from the offset.
More than 10 games and only 4 goals conceded (only 2 of those from open play) so things are finally looking up.

Raith are far from a 2nd Division team and I see ouselves as a top of the 1st team with the odd jaunt into the SPL.

What do y'all think of SPL2?
"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it." ~ Sir Winston Churchill

#1069 Plug in Baby

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 02:39 PM

Common Scotland!!
Alba Gu Brath!! biggrin.gif

#1070 Plug in Baby

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 09:01 PM

Sorry for the triple post but 7-1. ohmy.gif

#1071 Chas

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Interests:MSN,Music,TV

Posted 10 April 2007 - 09:14 PM

I never expected 7-1 tonight with Man U

#1072 Richard_05

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 09:16 PM

Yeah, it was very much deserved as well.

#1073 ScoobyDoo

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:35 PM

(Never been into this thread before so I better tell you guys me teams! lol)

I am a Celtic and Arsenal fan!
Favourite Celtic player: Stephen McManus
Favourite Arsenal player: Cesc Fabregas / Mathieu Flamini (Gutted he wants to leave)
Favourite Scotland player: Nigel Quashie

Who do you think will win the Champions League / UEFA Cup?
Im going to go for AC Milan / Sevilla...Liverpool again would be unbearable!! Especially when Arsenal cant even beat PSV!! haha.

What do you think of the whole Artur Boruc flag waving incident at the weekend then?! Personally, I think it was blown WAY out of proportion! but, then again, maybe Im biased! wink.gif

Brooke: Lucas is the one for me.
Chris: Actually, my name is Chris.

Brooke: Look, whatever you heard, you heard WRONG!
Chris: So you're NOT into me?!
Brooke: NO!

Chris (singing to Brooke): Lucas and Haley aren't back yet, but you can come into the devil's lair, drop your things, have sex with Chris Keller, WHATEVER!

ONE TREE HILL IS <3

#1074 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 08 May 2007 - 09:36 AM

I see Poland and Ukraine will jointly be hosting Euro 2012 smile.gif (ok, that was announced in the middle of last month but I just read it this morning).
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#1075 kyle

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 12:27 PM

Haha, yeh... old news man! tongue.gif

As bad as it was to see Man Utd sent out of the CL by Milan, I can see Milan ripping apart Liverpool, easy. I wonder what they'd be like without Kaka'?

#1076 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE(kyle @ May 11 2007, 01:27 PM) View Post

As bad as it was to see Man Utd sent out of the CL by Milan, I can see Milan ripping apart Liverpool, easy. I wonder what they'd be like without Kaka'?

Seedorf as your flair player!? laugh.gif In all honesty I think Milan have a good combination between Gattuso, Pirlo and Kaka'. Gattuso fights for everything, Pirlo's accuracy with passing and switching the play is superb and Kaka' is quite simply unbelievable.

It amazes me Gattuso was once surplus to requirements at Rangers! laugh.gif

Then again Liverpool are very much a Champions League side and if they get the guys like Alonso to play to his ability and keep out the diddies like Luis Garcia, Arbeloa etc. then they can give anyone a game.

#1077 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE(kyle @ May 11 2007, 01:27 PM) View Post

I must admit I agree about I think Milan should be a class above for Liverpool - but you never know!

I watched Milan playing Celtic and too be honest at that moment never imagined that they could win the tournament playing like they did. However in Kaka they have a player who's individual ability itself can win games. I'm not sure of Gilardino in their team though - I prefer Fillipo Inzaghi as I feel he's a more natural goal scorer.
Mark

#1078 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 07:08 PM

Has anybody seen Kris Boyd? Rumour has it he was at Ibrox before disappearing into Ryan O'Leary's back pocket! laugh.gif

Stevie Naismith - Top Class biggrin.gif

#1079 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 03:37 PM

400k for Naismith - That made me laugh. laugh.gif

Ah, that brightened up a hard working day.

I only wish Michael Johnston had slammed this bid back in their faces by putting a 2m price tag on Steven's head.

#1080 andymckenzie1

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 03:45 PM

Hope Rangers buy Stevie Naismith. He's probably the most overrated player in the SPL.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users