Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
The Football Thread - HSN forum - Page 55

The Football Thread

1093 replies to this topic

#1081 Richard_05

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Interests:I'm not going to sit and type my grades, nor my plans for the future, nor a random fact. :)

Posted 04 June 2007 - 03:54 PM

"We won't stand in his way, but we won't sell for less than 1m."

#1082 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 04 June 2007 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE(Richard_05 @ Jun 4 2007, 04:54 PM) View Post
"We won't stand in his way, but we won't sell for less than 1m."

Most Killie fans want to see at least 2m for him and for him to play down south. Michael Johnston has apparently said this behind closed doors too but for some reason he isn't dealing with the media right. Rangers paid 2m+ for Thompson and Celtic paid 4.4m for Brown! laugh.gif That was a fantastic move by Hibs to slap price tags on their heads and they got a ridiculous sum of money for both players.

MJ just said - "We'll be selling him at the market value we see appropriate. We hold all the aces this time. He's got a long term contract (with no release clause) and the player genuinely wants to see Killie get a good deal. Also contradictory to what the media say about the rumours, Steven and his Dad have came out and said that he's in no hurry to leave Kilmarnock. smile.gif

#1083 Richard_05

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Interests:I'm not going to sit and type my grades, nor my plans for the future, nor a random fact. :)

Posted 04 June 2007 - 04:19 PM

I wouldn't go anywhere over 2m for him.

#1084 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 04 June 2007 - 10:42 PM

The only Old Firm player to beat Naismith's scoring record (most of which came from Left Midfield) this season is Kris Boyd.

A long term contract, the lack of a release clause and English Championship and Premiership interest will mean that 2m would probably be slightly lower than an accurate price for him.

#1085 Richard_05

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 12:41 AM

QUOTE(Scott @ Jun 4 2007, 11:42 PM) View Post
The only Old Firm player to beat Naismith's scoring record (most of which came from Left Midfield) this season is Kris Boyd.

A long term contract, the lack of a release clause and English Championship and Premiership interest will mean that 2m would probably be slightly lower than an accurate price for him.

Have you actually got any sources for saying he doesn't have a release clause? Any that you could show to other users. Will be interesting to look back at this when his fee is agreed.

#1086 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE(Richard_05 @ Jun 5 2007, 01:41 AM) View Post
QUOTE(Scott @ Jun 4 2007, 11:42 PM) View Post

Have you actually got any sources for saying he doesn't have a release clause? Any that you could show to other users. Will be interesting to look back at this when his fee is agreed.

A certain Mr. Naismith who is very proud of his son and two daughters. wink.gif He's been keeping Killie fans informed of the current situation to keep them from reading crap like the Daily Record and The Sun that are currently trying to unsettle Steven into joining either Rangers or Celtic.

Kilmarnock knocked back a 1m offer from down south last summer so we won't be settling for anything less than that. Given his performances over the season we will be looking at a fee significantly larger than that.

#1087 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 02:13 PM

A newly promoted Premiership side with a bid in excess of 1.4m for the rising star. smile.gif

Source Clicky with quote from Killie Chairman Michael Johnston

I still hope he stays for another season.

Also, the BBC have finally admitted their own error: Rangers offer laughed off with the quote:
But reports of a clause in his contract, which has three years still to run, that would trigger a sale at 1.5m are wide of the mark.

#1088 Plug in Baby

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Floorball, Football, Music, Drawing, Technology

Posted 19 July 2007 - 03:20 PM

Was a great game between Raith and Killie and last night. A 2-1 was kind to them. We were by far the better team and Tod was even ripping them with keepy uppies at one point!!

I'm certainly confident about the coming season (for once!!!).

---

CIS Cup Draw

Clyde v Raith Rovers
Dundee v Morton
Ross County v Elgin City
Livingston v Ayr United
East Fife v Queen of the South
Arbroath v Albion Rovers
Cowdenbeath v Dumbarton
Stranraer v Montrose
Hamilton Academical v East Stirlingshire
Queen's Park v Alloa Athletic
Partick Thistle v Airdrie United
Berwick Rangers v Stenhousemuir
Forfar Athletic v Peterhead
Brechin City v Stirling Albion

Dates for ties.

First Round
Tuesday, 7th or Wednesday, 8th August, 2007.

Second Round
Tuesday, 28th or Wednesday, 29th August, 2007.

Third Round
Tuesday, 25th or Wednesday, 26th September, 2007.

Fourth Round
Tuesday, 30th or Wednesday, 31st October, 2007.

Semi-Finals
Tuesday, 29th January or Wednesday, 30th January, 2008.

Final
Sunday, 16th March, 2008.
"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it." ~ Sir Winston Churchill

#1089 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 01:01 AM

Ended up going along to that too. Wouldn't say 2-1 was kind seeing as we had a few decent chances and Nishy's chalked off goal was dubious as the player walked back on the pitch before jumping back off! laugh.gif To be honest, we could have upped the gears at any point but nobody really seemed interested in doing so. When we did for about 5 minutes we looked not bad and then we just lost interest again. We're usually pretty dire pre-season anyways, but last nights game was pedestrian pace sort of stuff and wasn't worth the 10 entrance fee.

I usually don't go to pre-season friendlies because they're normally dire and based on everything about last nights game I don't think I'll be heading to any more if they're going to be played like that.

#1090 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 08:15 PM

James McFadden IS GOD - FACT.

#1091 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 15 October 2007 - 10:52 PM

^Very true. However, I think Scotland were a bit lucky to come away with the 3-1 scoreline. Ukraine were not at their best but played ok and had a good amount of possession. The first two Scotland goals were essentially from free kicks that weren't free kicks (although they were still good goals) and both sides should have had a penalty that was not given. Still, another great result for Scotland and they deserve plenty credit for it. Roll on another victory in Georgia...
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#1092 spoony2oo8

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:em... I Love Watchin Football (Rangers, West Ham, Morton and, of course, SCOTLAND)<br /><br />I Like Listning To My i-Pod.<br /><br />Going On Msn And Bebo and I Love Maths , Chemistry And Biology. English I See No Point In :lol:

Posted 14 May 2008 - 04:46 PM

WE ARE THE PEOPLE!!!!

I Find It Incredible That It Is Almost Half Way Through The Last Month Of The Season And Rangers Still Have A Chance Of Winnin Four Trophies

Amazing Feat

Well Done, Walter
Standard Grade: English[2] Maths[1] French[1] Biology[1] Chemsitry[1] P.E[1] Geography[1] Admin[2]
Highers: English[A] Maths[A] French[A] Chemistry[A] Biology[A]

#1093 paddyb67

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:36 PM

QUOTE(spoony2oo8 @ May 14 2008, 05:46 PM) View Post
WE ARE THE PEOPLE!!!!

I Find It Incredible That It Is Almost Half Way Through The Last Month Of The Season And Rangers Still Have A Chance Of Winnin Four Trophies

Amazing Feat

Well Done, Walter

hmm, looks like things have fallen apart a bit.

a disgrace to scotland in manchester. 4 trophies to 2 in a week.

GET IT RIGHT UP YE

#1094 Gmac

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE (paddyb67 @ May 19 2008, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (spoony2oo8 @ May 14 2008, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WE ARE THE PEOPLE!!!!

Amazing Feat

Well Done, Walter

hmm, looks like things have fallen apart a bit.

a disgrace to scotland in manchester. 4 trophies to 2 in a week.

GET IT RIGHT UP YE

51 and counting my friend cool.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users