Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Google Earth - HSN forum - Page 4

Google Earth

70 replies to this topic

#61 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 25 April 2006 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE(ice_illusion @ Apr 25 2006, 05:48 PM) View Post
Wow.
I have a photo like the top one that I took from the top of the Eiffel Tower. Only I think my photo might have been more fuzzy.

I heard that (I think its Google Earth anyway) it didn't have the Apple Mac headquarters on it. It's because they built it after the photos of that area were taken but its still quite funny.

That was the Microsoft Satellite Map.

Google Earth badly needs a Scottish update.

#62 Joel

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 05:27 PM

Nice! cool.gif

The Eiffel Tower has certainly improved from the last time I saw it.

#63 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 25 April 2006 - 05:35 PM

The updates are really random. I mean they have the Western Isles in high res. :/

This is the sort of view of the Louvre from the Eiffel Tower:

IPB Image

And the closer Parc du Champ de Mars:

IPB Image
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#64 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 25 April 2006 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE(bred @ Apr 25 2006, 06:35 PM) View Post
The updates are really random. I mean they have the Western Isles in high res. :/

This is the sort of view of the Louvre from the Eiffel Tower:

Aye they have all the lovely parts of Edinburgh...Wester Hailes, Clovenstone, Balerno! But they don't have the Castle or Princes Street!

#65 Klass Clown

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Lods... Im pretty much interested by everything but my main hobbies are:<br />-Art, of course, creating and observing.<br />-Music (I tend to be flexible when it comes to genres but Im a massive hip-hop fan)<br />-Sadly, politics (always taken an interest)<br />-And since studying Higher History Ive become very interested and fascinated by Nazi Germany (and all those crazy wee Neo-Nazi cults)<br />-Ive resently developed a craze for chuck taylors as well.<br /><br />Well thats basicaly it, obviously Im in to movies and reading and stuff like that but I presume most people are. (Oh, and the internet but most people on here probably are - lol... yeah that was kinda rubbish.)

Posted 26 April 2006 - 03:05 PM

It is amazing but I can't see my house at all, which is realy annoying. dry.gif
All or Nothing.

#66 kyle

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 03:48 PM

Haha, Aberdeen is in pretty high res!

#67 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 10 December 2006 - 11:25 PM

I've just been looking at Mexico City and the scale of the street grids is crazy. It is like NYC, although seperate scales of grid are clearer here with main avenues with trees dividing the area into main grids (squares) which are subdivided by secondary grids (long rectangles).

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

This long main road seems to be an access route to a large poor area. The minor roads between the houses don't seem to be surfaced and there is no grid-iron pattern here. Still, the scale is quite dramatic:
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#68 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 12:10 AM

Similarities between Kyiv and Moscow:

Kyiv

Moscow

Kyiv

Moscow

(it is all the Soviet apartment blocks!)

Kyiv suburbia, a post USSR phenomenon

#69 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 09:04 PM

In historyof art tpay we were looking at land art.

I was tryin to find things on google earth but not to much success.

I want to find the spiral jetty in utah and all that otehr stuff.

#70 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 10:50 PM

Shame the Spiral Jetty isn't in good resolution in GE. A high res image overlay is here: http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/download.php?Number=104195

http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/search.php?Cat=0 is great.

#71 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 10:18 PM

Flight sim in GE: http://marco-za.blogspot.com/2007/08/googl...-simulator.html

Incidentally, Google is 9 years old today.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users