Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Higher Art: It's critical time - HSN forum

Higher Art: It's critical time

6 replies to this topic

#1 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 25 May 2004 - 03:04 PM

For those of you doing Higher Art you'll know there's only the critical exam left. Although this is only 25% of the mark for the course it is where I feel I'll get highest marks. I'm interested in what other people are studying for this. I'm doing:
Art Nouveau; Charles Rennie Mackintosh; The Music Room,
Art Deco; Robert F Atkinson; Daily Express Building,
Post Impressionism; Vincent Van Gogh; Enclosed Field with Rising Sun,
Romanticism; Caspar D Friedrich; Cross in the Mountains.
Also, are your teachers helpful at telling you how to describe the sort of expressive and design works that come up in the exam?
PS - This is my last exam (they're 95% done) and I've got until Wednesday to leisurely revise. cool.gif
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#2 kaykay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 07:46 PM

I've studied William Morris, Georgina Von Etzdorf, Cezanne and Picasso. Teacher's choice, not mine! I like Morris though.
We haven't really had very much direction, I've evaluated several pieces of work by each, but I really wish there were specimen papers around so I knew exactly what was coming.

#3 sexyboy87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 02:02 PM

do a real subject

#4 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 28 May 2004 - 02:24 PM

^cool
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#5 Fifi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 06:55 PM

I've studied:
Tom Purvis, Anthon Beeke, Paul Cezanne and David Hockney.
Art's my favourite subject though so it's one subject i'll enjoy spending time studying for! biggrin.gif
Hopefully i'll do well! I got 93% in the prelim so fingers crossed i'll do alright

As far as teaching is concerned...ours doesn't spend much time teaching the written stuff.....we done essays on each piece and discussed them in class but after that it's really up to ourselves how much work we do for the critical section.

#6 gaveaway

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:music

Posted 29 May 2004 - 01:18 AM

i'm doing Ann Redpath,Cezanne for still life and Phillippe Starck and Marianne Brandt for product design.
I can't describe the product design section....
if barbie was so popular then why do u have to buy her friends

#7 Silver

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Location:Chasing WB execs with a knife- damn those Angel cancellers
  • Interests:Buffy, Angel, ice skating, my pond, the supernatural, Ginger Snaps (I and II), Thirteen, Graphic design, Flash movies, RPGs (playing and creating), drawing, writing

Posted 01 June 2004 - 08:13 PM

I somehow managed to get 100% on my prelim so I'm pretty confident, lol...

Gaveaway and I go to the same school so I'm doing the same as her, except the designers I'm doing are Starck and Mies van der Rohe. I think remembering his full name alone should be about 5 marks, dammit! lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users