Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Any revision material? anywhere? - HSN forum

Any revision material? anywhere?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Goat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 05:30 PM

Has anyone found any good books or websites for revision material for AH Computing...really sick of the class work books.

You managing to study it yourself Steve alright? :blink:
Hope the Higher Computing Notes I provided aint proving too big a job!

This message goes for AH Maths aswell :huh:

Iain

#2 Steve

Top of the Class

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 06:11 PM

I'm doing OK, almost finished my project but I haven't been doing as much as I should on the last unit - Systems.

The Higher notes are taking so long because I've not spent much time on them! They will be out eventually though.
HSN contribute: Help the site grow!

Looking for a Maths tutor in West Lothian? Just PM me!

#3 Goat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 11:16 PM

well all the best to you!

#4 $impl_ih

Top of the Class

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 09:29 PM

Does Scholar not provide notes for Adv Higher Subjects?
`..`._. $ m p l y _ h `..`._.

user posted image

#5 George

Child Prodigy

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 27 March 2004 - 07:56 PM

Yes, there are Scholar notes for AH Computing, although they only cover Software Development and Systems. We use them in school, and I personally find them quite bloated.

I find I learn the content better if I make my own notes as I go along, although I occasionaly need to check details in the Scholar notes. As for other revision material, I've not found any.

#6 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 08:17 PM

There is a pack of revision questions and answers on the http://www.ltscotland.org.uk site for AdvH Comp.
Mark

#7 Steve

Top of the Class

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 08:48 PM

Thanks Sparky, they look really useful. None for Systems though mad.gif
HSN contribute: Help the site grow!

Looking for a Maths tutor in West Lothian? Just PM me!

#8 clueless

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 07:53 PM

hi,

i was wonderin, wots every1 using for notes! I've been given scholar notes but they seem to be 2 long, i like notes that are precise and tell you what you need to know. i've got my nab in a couple of days and i'm finding it really hard to revise for it from my notes. I've tried to make my own notes but i don't know wot the important stuff is and wots just extra. Can any1 tell me if they know of any better notes that i can use?? plz

thx
xx

#9 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 07:54 PM

I find the Scholar notes pretty hard going, and even writing my own notes they seem to be very long! Since you have no idea how much you need to learn, until you see past papers and marking schemes; and see what the SQA expect you to know.
Mark

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users