Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Bomb hits London! - HSN forum

Bomb hits London!

338 replies to this topic

#1 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 07 July 2005 - 10:11 AM

Several people have been injured after explosions on the Underground network and a double-decker bus in London.

A police spokesman said there were "quite a large number of casualties" at Aldgate Tube Station.

And Scotland Yard confirmed one of several reports of explosions on buses in the city - in Tavistock Place - but said the cause was not yet known.

UK Home Secretary Charles Clarke said several explosions in central London had caused "terrible injuries".

Source taken from BBC News: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4659093.stm

#2 JiLL

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 10:23 AM

It's terrible!!
I just turned on the TV this morning and it was all over every channel!!It is just awful, all these people getting injured and being traumatised by the whole situation!!

My sister is supposed to be going down to London tomorrow and she would have to get the tube to her boyfriend's house--- but no way will my mum and dad let her go now! So thats her holiday ruined sad.gif
beast

#3 Scott

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar, computing, football(I'm a Killie fan), hanging out with my friends, drinking, girls, playing pool, reading and watching TV and DVDs.<br /><br />I'm currently at Edinburgh University in my 2nd year of Computer Science.

Posted 07 July 2005 - 10:26 AM

It's awful sad.gif

If there are more fatalaties then every terrorist/extremist group will claim responsibility in the next hour or so. I'm amazed they haven't closed the airports yet, especially with hundreds of flights daily from London to Scotland, and the G8 Summit is on.

I'm going to be out the loop on this for the next 6 hours as I have to be in Edinburgh >_<

Here's hoping nothing else happens.

#4 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 10:27 AM

It really is sickening.

There's reported to be over 10 fatalaties. Bombs in a bus and a train apparently.

#5 JiLL

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 10:34 AM

they r now saying that its Al Qaeda whoz done it
beast

#6 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 07 July 2005 - 10:36 AM

QUOTE(ally @ Jul 7 2005, 11:27 AM)
It really is sickening.

There's reported to be over 10 fatalaties. Bombs in a bus and a train apparently.

View Post

Yeah, it's now on the news that there's about 20 fatalities. Sickening, all that damage, and what for? Innocent people dies for nothing.

#7 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 10:50 AM

QUOTE(JiLL @ Jul 7 2005, 11:34 AM)

View Post

Where did you hear that from?

I wonder if the G8 Summit will go ahead...

#8 JiLL

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 10:57 AM

emm.. i heard it on Sky News and BBC News, it is not definite that its them but they are apparently pretty sure it is them.
beast

#9 Kevin_Kilbane

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 11:09 AM

I used the Edgeware Road Tube Station regularly when I was in London three years ago.

I am certain that you have to go down a lift to get onto the platform.

The last time we were in London, we stayed in Green Park - where we normally do - but we always thought Edgeware Road was the safest place there.

#10 maria

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 11:13 AM

QUOTE(ally @ Jul 7 2005, 10:50 AM)

I wonder if the G8 Summit will go ahead...

View Post

The Prime Minister just said that the G8 Summit will continue, but that he will leave it in a few hours, then he will return to the Summit.

This is all shocking, who would have thought that something this big would happen this week, after everything about 'Make Poverty History' and the G8 Summit. Its all such a shame for the innocent people of London, who havent done anything apart from use public transport. Its all awful. sad.gif unsure.gif
Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping.
When you feel like giving up...just remember why you held on for so long.

#11 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:My interests

Posted 07 July 2005 - 11:27 AM

QUOTE(JiLL @ Jul 7 2005, 11:34 AM)

View Post

well, that is always the assumption from the gov.

It is sad news. It either has something to do with G8 or the olympics.

#12 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 11:51 AM

I just thought about it. This could be bad for the olympics

#13 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 07 July 2005 - 12:05 PM

It wont be bad for olympics

Its makes you proud to be British though then you look at how well managed the emergency services are. Not to mention the way the injuried people remained so calm.

The terrerists will learn we are no the Spanish we will not be manipulated by a few bombs we will not have a split house of commons and we will no go against our leaders.

We are British we are winners not losers

God i am so patriotic

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#14 JiLL

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 12:09 PM

do u think it might come up to glasgow? the bombing i mean?!!
beast

#15 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 12:13 PM

nah, everything centres around London....even more so as they now have the olympics in 7 years

Edited by YIC, 07 July 2005 - 12:13 PM.

#16 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 07 July 2005 - 12:15 PM

one of the hotels in Glasgow has been evactuated because of a suspicious package i heard on the Fox news because it was the reporters hotel that was emptied. No news on if it was false alarm or not

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#17 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 12:17 PM

QUOTE(JiLL @ Jul 7 2005, 01:09 PM)
do u think it might come up to glasgow? the bombing i mean?!!

View Post

Aww.. don't worry. smile.gif Nah, London is one of the biggest financial city in the world.

I don't know what they would see in Glasgow. blink.gif

#18 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE(Dave @ Jul 7 2005, 01:05 PM)
It wont be bad for olympics

Its makes you proud to be British though then you look at how well managed the emergency services are. Not to mention the way the injuried people remained so calm.

The terrerists will learn we are no the Spanish we will not be manipulated by a few bombs we will not have a split house of commons and we will no go against our leaders.

We are British we are winners not losers

God i am so patriotic

View Post

sorry, I just can't follow Tony Bliar at times sick.gif but remember that in Spain, the attacks were a lot worse.

#19 AppleCore

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
  • Interests:Photography but first has to be Mountain Biking!

Posted 07 July 2005 - 12:20 PM

2 confirmed dead.

#20 JiLL

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE(Dave @ Jul 7 2005, 01:15 PM)
one of the hotels in Glasgow has been evactuated because of a suspicious package i heard on the Fox news because it was the reporters hotel that was emptied. No news on if it was false alarm or not

View Post

do u know what hotel it was???
beast

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users