Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Glasgow University Preregistration - HSN forum

Glasgow University Preregistration

10 replies to this topic

#1 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 10:37 AM

Hey,

I received a letter from Glasgow Uni today with stuff to access information online ('Account Access Notification') and gives me details like my user ID and Student Number etc.

When I went to the website and logged in (www.websurf.gla.ac.uk) and filled in most of my details there is a section called 'Courses' and you have to pick what courses your doing (or something). How am I meant to know what courses I'm meant to do?

Instructions before you log in are 'Be prepared. Decide what courses you want to do (see the UG Course Catalogue or instruction from your faculty) and make a note of the course codes.'.

I haven't recieved any information from my faculty however on the letter I received it says 'As part of the registration process you must access your record online, before you come to the University, to check, and amend if necessary, the details held about you. If you have not already received instructions these will be issued shortly.'

Would it be safe to assume that the instructions I have yet to receive will tell me the courses I should pick?

Thanks of any help.

#2 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 11:51 AM

I thought you did all that at your meeting with your adviser.

Hmmm.

#3 xpurple_starsx

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm in second year at Glasgow Yewnee studying Biology Type Things... haven't decided on my actual degree subject yet... someone wanna choose for me??

Posted 04 July 2005 - 12:03 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one who got that letter! It confused me a bit when they said that the instructions will be sent out soon, surely you need them before you know what to do on the online part?

I'm going to wait until they send me the instructions anyway. Maybe the course chouce thing on the website is completed during or after your meeting with your advisor?
The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself.

#4 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 12:06 PM

I haven't got that letter but I don't think my postman's been today. Not yet anyway. He probably won't come because he never really does.

#5 Kevin_Kilbane

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 01:20 PM

I got an e-mail to my old Hotmail address.

#6 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 05:33 PM

my advice is wait & see if anything else materialises. & if, in august, your still completely lost, find the name of a first year advisor type person, phone or email them, & play the "i'm new & soooooo lost" thing. worked for me last year!
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#7 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 06:33 PM

Ooh, so I get to act girlie and pathetic?!

Brilliant. I'm good at that! biggrin.gif

#8 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Jul 4 2005, 07:33 PM)

View Post

lol yes!

doesn't work so well for the guys though, they tend to have problems admitting they're as confused as everyone else tongue.gif
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#9 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 05 July 2005 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE(broughy @ Jul 4 2005, 08:25 PM)
QUOTE(Lindsay @ Jul 4 2005, 07:33 PM)

View Post

lol yes!

doesn't work so well for the guys though, they tend to have problems admitting they're as confused as everyone else tongue.gif

View Post

Hey!!

#10 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 05 July 2005 - 03:56 PM

I haven't got the letter yet. I never did get a letter telling me when the course starts and freshers week that people got ages ago either.
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#11 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 05:14 PM

hmmmm.....i'd maybe see about getting in contact with someone at the uni if i were you....cos that doesn't sound too good!
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users