Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Its over... - HSN forum

Its over...

12 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin_Kilbane

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 11:01 PM

Atfer a piss prom, I had my Award Ceremony tonight.

I ended up getting 4 different things (Achievement Award, Vice Captain Prize, Young Enterprise Exam with Distinction and a Diana, Princess of Wales Memorial Award) but I am infact quite sad to leave. The headteacher made a top comment infront of the whole hall about me and despite my usual rants about 6th year being crap, its sad I won't be going back.

However, I cannot wait to Uni. Really excited about going.

Onto pastures new and that.

Good Luck to everyone.

laugh.gif

#2 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 11:41 PM

i was the same when i left school. much as i complained about it non-stop - i ended up missing it a lot!

& i was excited about uni aswell, this time last year. gets really boring really quick though! you'll soon hate it as much as school - thats a promise!
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#3 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 09:37 AM

Yeah I am actually really excited about uni now! smile.gif

Although it won't be the same as school - they're will always be a part of me that wishes I was back at school I think! We had the occassional moan about how bad school was too, but it wasn't such a bad old place! lol.

Hopefully Uni will be just as good! tongue.gif
Mark

#4 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 30 June 2005 - 11:38 AM

School ended on a sour note for me at prizegiving. I was supposed to be getting four awards but I was only presented with one of them (for geography). The principal PE teacher decided to assume (with no good reason) that I wasn't going to be there and so I wasn't presented for three sports awards, and the dux of the year received the swimming trophy on behalf of the school when it should have been me.
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#5 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:My interests

Posted 30 June 2005 - 11:50 AM

from the title of the thread I was expecting something really horrible.

sorry bred, but you got the prizes anyway right/

#6 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 30 June 2005 - 11:54 AM

I got two of them afterwards, but I was more bothered about having sat there for hours whilst other people were getting presented and I wasn't, and even the "head boy" getting credit for something I should have been presented with - as if he doesn't get enough credit already. rolleyes.gif
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#7 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 04:57 PM

Thats sad. I hate the heads getting the credit all the time. My school had the head boy and girl in the paper about a month ago. The article was about a guy who had went to my school becoming sheriff. Hardly anything was said about the actual guy. It ended up being about the heads leaving school and what they are going to do in the future. Stupid Hamilton Advertiser thats all I say. If the article is about a guy becoming sheriff talk about the guy becoming sheriff.
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#8 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 06:58 PM

Hmmm the only coverage our school has had over the past few months in the local rag was an article slagging it over the HMIe report. The article went a bit over the top though! :-/
Mark

#9 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 09:32 PM

haha thats funny.. cos its exactly the same wi my school.. although they focused on the more positive aspects from the inspection and conviently forgot about the crap parts
user posted image

#10 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 10:21 PM

I read the HMI thing about my school, it was just so wrong. They completely understated the bad points and at some points didnt even bother stating there was anything wrong. However, the headmaster did do a cover up operation whilst they were there and changed it all back to normal when they left.

#11 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 09:59 AM

If I remember we got a pep talk from one of the Depute Head's on how to promote the correct image of the school while they were there! :-/

We (School council) had a meeting with the inspectors : and they're like "Do you meet often?" erm no this is our first meeting! lol! tongue.gif
Mark

#12 superstar

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 11:27 AM

QUOTE(Rubberducky @ Jun 30 2005, 10:32 PM)
haha thats funny.. cos its exactly the same wi my school.. although they focused on the more positive aspects from the inspection and conviently forgot about the crap parts

View Post

I know the Rectors speach last night wot the hell was that about the main theme of it was girls toilets!!! OMG he is such a spam!
And then we have the deputy recotr who is also an arse who didnt even know wot he was meant to be saying and missed people out etc etc! He thinks he is sooo good but really he just makes a full of himself!!

My guidance teacher made a really cheaky comment so i just walked past him sum people never change!

Ok rant over but at the end i was teary saying bye to sum of the nicer teachers the ones who have helped me and i respect!

#13 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 01:20 PM

Haven't had out prize giving yet- still hoping I get something. Damn it, Luke, you better not take my prizes again!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users