Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Sunburn - HSN forum - Page 17

Sunburn

342 replies to this topic

#321 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 02:24 PM

perhaps you/someone should create a weather thread or something cos these posts arent really anything to do with sunburn - not really.

i would use that wee smiling face thing but i am beginning to find it quite patronising!!

#322 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 03 August 2005 - 04:00 PM

Don't come crying to me when you get sunburned in 26C heat lol.
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#323 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 04:01 PM

ah it was true i seen on the weather ages ago that there was going to be a heatwave in August and nobody i told believed me!

#324 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE(bred @ Aug 3 2005, 05:00 PM)
Don't come crying to me when you get sunburned in 26C heat lol.

View Post

ooooh a heatwave

dondon!! a chance to renew the stripey legs lol biggrin.gif

this applies to the males too btw tongue.gif

#325 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 03 August 2005 - 04:06 PM

My dad used to wear these sandals all Summer and he got stripey feet - just like a zebra skin.
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#326 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 04:06 PM

rolleyes.gif lovely, ive got that too coz i wore the same flip flops thru most of my holiday so ive gor lines there too

well this time ill try and get the tan all the way up my legs coz my stripy legs are slowly dissapearing

#327 Jaeden

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:music (drumming), travelling, sport....<br /><br />Sharon - miss macleod- my best buddy! (in the same pipe band).<br /><br />avatar says &quot;jaeden&quot; in chinese.

Posted 03 August 2005 - 06:50 PM

Ooh yes, stripey legs. mine are a bit "better" now seeing as i was on holiday and haven't attended the highland games.

But the drummers legs always beat that of the pipers anyway...

#328 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 05 August 2005 - 03:33 PM

Obviously you think so, seeing as your sig says so. tongue.gif I haven't been sunburnt at ALL this year. biggrin.gif laugh.gif

#329 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE(Jaeden @ Aug 3 2005, 07:50 PM)
Ooh yes, stripey legs. mine are a bit "better" now seeing as i was on holiday and haven't attended the highland games.

View Post

QUOTE(Wedge37 @ Aug 5 2005, 04:33 PM)
Obviously you think so, seeing as your sig says so. tongue.gif

View Post

laugh.gif

STOP TALKING CRAP JAEDEN - JUST BECAUSE YOU WISH YOU WERE A PIPER AND NOT IN PERCUSSION!! tongue.gif

AND PIPERS HAVE BETTER LEGS THAT DRUMMERS........BY FAR!!!!! and you know it! biggrin.gif

#330 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 05 August 2005 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE(miss macleod @ Aug 5 2005, 09:32 PM)
QUOTE(Jaeden @ Aug 3 2005, 07:50 PM)

View Post

QUOTE(Wedge37 @ Aug 5 2005, 04:33 PM)
Obviously you think so, seeing as your sig says so. tongue.gif

View Post

laugh.gif

STOP TALKING CRAP JAEDEN - JUST BECAUSE YOU WISH YOU WERE A PIPER AND NOT IN PERCUSSION!! tongue.gif

AND PIPERS HAVE BETTER LEGS THAT DRUMMERS........BY FAR!!!!! and you know it! biggrin.gif

View Post

I sense a competition in the brewing....laugh.gif

#331 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 11:43 PM

I was going to say what the weathers like but its too dark to say lol

And my sunburn has finally went away and the peeling(most annoying bit) has stopped yey biggrin.gif

#332 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 02:29 PM

It's very warm here today, it's been 24.5C with c.73% humidity.

#333 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 02:45 PM

yip, it is quite warm here today - nice and sunny. I was in edinburgh this morning and it was just beautiful...hoping the weather is the same up north since i'm going up tonight - who bets it'll be sleeting there. wink.gif

#334 werlop

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • Location:Cambridge (Term Time), Bearsden (Glasgow) Non Term Time

Posted 10 August 2005 - 03:10 PM

Try walking across a glacier - then you will see how easy it is to get sunburn, what with the sun being reflected at you from all directions!
Click here to visit the Bearsden Academy Website
user posted image

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
But make allowance for their doubting too,
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

#335 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 03:34 PM

Indeed, my neck was very sore from sunburn after a week in cloudless sky Tignes in Spring 2004. Thankfully it went brown after! I got quite a tan on my face and neck from just four days on the snow in La Plange this January as well.
If you want a quick tan you could do worse than to slap on the sun cream and go snowboarding in a bikini.
user posted image

#336 Steven_Gerrard

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 04:08 PM

...you look quite good in a bikini bred wub.gif

#337 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 07:14 PM

laugh.gif

I wonder if people have sunburn anymore? biggrin.gif

for some weird reason i ve still got slightly whiter lines where my straps were on my shoulders blink.gif

#338 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 07:16 PM

this is weird

i was just searching through my old posts and was reading through this thread then i came to have a look and it was at the top of general chat! now how about that.

my legs aint stripey anymore. sad.gif

#339 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 08 October 2005 - 08:57 PM

LMAO - Stripey Sharon!!!!!

#340 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 10:08 PM

ohmy.gif (look what a coincedence, rather like that good looking shemale on your avatar john)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users