Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Sunburn - HSN forum - Page 2

Sunburn

342 replies to this topic

#21 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:26 PM

i have to say that i am really jealous of these people that go outside in the sun for a couple of hours and get an amazing tan coz it takes me weeks sad.gif

#22 Steven_Gerrard

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:29 PM

*resists temptation not to point and laugh* laugh.gif

#23 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:33 PM

well i find that highly offensive!!! sad.gif smile.gif
its not fair though i literally have to lie very still for several hours for about 3 or 4 days in a row to actuallyget a tan at all sad.gif but it doesnt matter coz im goin to france tomoro and i should get a tan reasonable quickly there biggrin.gif

#24 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:34 PM

It was bloody roasting today! Hardly any breeze as well sometimes. boo. I think i got a bit of colour today, not red though biggrin.gif

As for sunburn, fresh yogurt is good to relieve it if you don't have after sun/aloe vera at hand.
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#25 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:35 PM

i dont really know which feeling is worse all hot and sore or all covered in yoghurt and sticky lol

#26 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:38 PM

but its cool and calming. sunburn is the worst, especially when it's on your back.
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",

#27 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:41 PM

although i love it when you can peel the skin off the burnt bit but i suppose having it on your back makes that a bit difficult. and when u have it on your back you can lean against anything or its incredibly sore

#28 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:42 PM

sleeping is a slight problem. i found that out on my first ever holiday abroad.

Oh hte benefits of sun lotion.
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",

#29 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Feel free to add me to your MSN, and I'll be happy to answer any questions on there.<br /><br />Standard Grade Results 2005<br /><br />8 ones in english, maths, chemistry, biology, physics, modern studies, graphics and french<br /><br />Higher Results 2006:<br /><br />Maths - A<br />English - A<br />Chemistry - A<br />Human Biology - A<br />Modern Studies - A<br /><br />In 6th Year I will be studying Chemistry, Biology and English all to Advanced Higher Level.<br /><br />Applying to study Medicine for 2007 entry :)

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE(lesley @ Jun 26 2005, 09:34 PM)
It was bloody roasting today! Hardly any breeze as well sometimes. boo. I think i got a bit of colour today, not red though biggrin.gif

As for sunburn, fresh yogurt is good to relieve it if you don't have after sun/aloe vera at hand.

View Post

I know it was so hot! I was at the botanic gardens all day - great fun.
I've heard the yogurt thing works, but i tried putting sliced tomatoes on ma back because it really absorbs all the heat.
Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common -- they are shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity... and in a flash, they're gone.

#30 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:52 PM

does it ??
and you also get cooked tomatoes at the end of it for you warm salad very economical lol smile.gif

#31 AppleCore

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
  • Interests:Photography but first has to be Mountain Biking!

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:54 PM

Natural tan for me lol!

#32 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:55 PM

that reminds me even fake tan doent work properly on me i need loads of layers to take the milk bottle whiteness away smile.gif

#33 AppleCore

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE(dondon @ Jun 26 2005, 10:55 PM)
that reminds me even fake tan doent work properly on me i need loads of layers to take the milk bottle whiteness away smile.gif

View Post

ok! it sounds like uve got paper white skin??

#34 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:59 PM

well right now only my leg but thats my fault coz i keep wearing jeand but during the winter yup i do

#35 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Feel free to add me to your MSN, and I'll be happy to answer any questions on there.<br /><br />Standard Grade Results 2005<br /><br />8 ones in english, maths, chemistry, biology, physics, modern studies, graphics and french<br /><br />Higher Results 2006:<br /><br />Maths - A<br />English - A<br />Chemistry - A<br />Human Biology - A<br />Modern Studies - A<br /><br />In 6th Year I will be studying Chemistry, Biology and English all to Advanced Higher Level.<br /><br />Applying to study Medicine for 2007 entry :)

Posted 26 June 2005 - 10:01 PM

Well its not always a bad thing to be fair skinned.
One of my teachers once said
"Back in the old days, it was lady-like to be 'pale and pretty'...the 'rough and scruff' normally strived to get tans"
I always thought that was a bit rude to say such, but ah well there you go.

In general i think tans are quite nice, although people who are sunbed abusers ought to do some serious thinking. A nice golden glow looks sexier than a full on tango-style biggrin.gif
Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common -- they are shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity... and in a flash, they're gone.

#36 AppleCore

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 10:01 PM

Unlucky sad.gif Lots of sun tan lotion and the beach.. thats what u need!

#37 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE(Allana @ Jun 26 2005, 10:01 PM)
Well its not always a bad thing to be fair skinned.
One of my teachers once said
"Back in the old days, it was lady-like to be 'pale and pretty'...the 'rough and scruff' normally strived to get tans"
I always thought that was a bit rude to say such, but ah well there you go.

In general i think tans are quite nice, although people who are sunbed abusers ought to do some serious thinking. A nice golden glow looks sexier than a full on tango-style biggrin.gif

View Post

definetly coz u see they people who have been going on sunbeds for most of their lives and they r all brown and wrinkled and kinda saggy looking its disgusting

#38 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE(itsmereally @ Jun 26 2005, 10:01 PM)
Unlucky sad.gif Lots of sun tan lotion and the beach.. thats what u need!

View Post

its actually kinda my fault coz i think ill look stupid all white so ill wer my jeans instead of shorts so then i dont get a tan , its a vicious circle lol smile.gif

#39 AppleCore

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 10:06 PM

The attack of the ORANGE people!.. its like a new color!.. i think its funny lol!

#40 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 10:08 PM

^i'm sure that soon the will be a new racial minority and will have a whole new set of human rights just for them smile.gif

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users