Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
WOOOHOOO! - HSN forum - Page 3

WOOOHOOO!

54 replies to this topic

#41 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Feel free to add me to your MSN, and I'll be happy to answer any questions on there.<br /><br />Standard Grade Results 2005<br /><br />8 ones in english, maths, chemistry, biology, physics, modern studies, graphics and french<br /><br />Higher Results 2006:<br /><br />Maths - A<br />English - A<br />Chemistry - A<br />Human Biology - A<br />Modern Studies - A<br /><br />In 6th Year I will be studying Chemistry, Biology and English all to Advanced Higher Level.<br /><br />Applying to study Medicine for 2007 entry :)

Posted 26 June 2005 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE(Maria @ Jun 26 2005, 10:33 AM)
OMG ! Grade 7 with Distinction is amazing!! Well Done btw! i'm guessin you didn't find the exam that hard then?! so ave you ever been to a tutor, or did you prepare yourself for the exam? i'm still amazed!  smile.gif

View Post

Well i didn't find the pieces of music particularly difficult...the theory on the other hand blink.gif
I was just really nervous and was terrified i would mess it up - the examiner said he thought i was going to pass out tongue.gif haha
Maybe he felt sorry for me. sad.gif
Oooh, i went to a piano teacher when i was 5 till i was about 12...and basically i thought i wasn't getting far with her so i began to buy the books for each grade and teach myself - with the help of my aunt.
Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common -- they are shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity... and in a flash, they're gone.

#42 superstar

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE(Allana @ Jun 25 2005, 09:07 PM)
I got a distinction smile.gif

View Post

Well Dun thts amazing!! biggrin.gif

#43 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 05:40 PM

I dont want to seem stupid but what is a distinction?
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#44 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Feel free to add me to your MSN, and I'll be happy to answer any questions on there.<br /><br />Standard Grade Results 2005<br /><br />8 ones in english, maths, chemistry, biology, physics, modern studies, graphics and french<br /><br />Higher Results 2006:<br /><br />Maths - A<br />English - A<br />Chemistry - A<br />Human Biology - A<br />Modern Studies - A<br /><br />In 6th Year I will be studying Chemistry, Biology and English all to Advanced Higher Level.<br /><br />Applying to study Medicine for 2007 entry :)

Posted 26 June 2005 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE(Discogirl17 @ Jun 26 2005, 05:40 PM)
I dont want to seem stupid but what is a distinction?

View Post

Good question.
Its where you perform exceptionally well, almost even above the standards of the grade you're aiming to get. There can also be no mistakes at all (but i made one by completely skipping a bar mad.gif Why did the guy not notice? Shhh biggrin.gif )
And you would receive a merit if you performed really well, and didn't just - how can i explain it - tick the boxes to get the grade, or just scrape the pass mark. There has to be some element of style to it.
Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common -- they are shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity... and in a flash, they're gone.

#45 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 05:48 PM

So a distinction is like a "Highly Commended" (or higher than that) at dancing
A merit is a "commendable" , "satisfactory" or "pass"

I'm getting it now

#46 superstar

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 05:53 PM

OK the exam is outa 150 i think?

100-120 Pass
120-130 Merit
130-150 Distinction

I think that is right??

#47 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 05:54 PM

Wow thats tough

#48 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE(superstar @ Jun 26 2005, 05:53 PM)
OK the exam is outa 150 i think?

100-120  Pass
120-130  Merit
130-150 Distinction

I think that is right??

View Post

Yeah well that's what it should be, although i know someone who score around 115 and got a distinction. ohmy.gif

#49 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 06:08 PM

Really... thats strange

#50 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE(Discogirl17 @ Jun 26 2005, 06:08 PM)
Really... thats strange

View Post

It is.
Anyway who cares a pass is a pass biggrin.gif

#51 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 08:03 PM

Too True. Too true.

#52 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 09:01 PM

in fact, our schools associated board music exams were.....mmm, about 2 weeks ago i think. they all did really well - all of them passed with merit or distinction which was really good.

#53 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE(fivepenny @ Jun 27 2005, 09:01 PM)
in fact, our schools associated board music exams were.....mmm, about 2 weeks ago i think. they all did really well - all of them passed with merit or distinction which was really good.

View Post

ooo that's excellent biggrin.gif

#54 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 27 June 2005 - 09:32 PM

a couple of years ago we had trinity collage in the school to assess the school brass band

We got distinction in the intermediate class for large musical groups or whatever they called it

It was 3 years ago so i not too sure actually

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#55 maria

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE(Allana @ Jun 26 2005, 05:00 PM)
QUOTE(Maria @ Jun 26 2005, 10:33 AM)
OMG ! Grade 7 with Distinction is amazing!! Well Done btw! i'm guessin you didn't find the exam that hard then?! so ave you ever been to a tutor, or did you prepare yourself for the exam? i'm still amazed!  smile.gif

View Post

Well i didn't find the pieces of music particularly difficult...the theory on the other hand blink.gif
I was just really nervous and was terrified i would mess it up - the examiner said he thought i was going to pass out tongue.gif haha
Maybe he felt sorry for me. sad.gif
Oooh, i went to a piano teacher when i was 5 till i was about 12...and basically i thought i wasn't getting far with her so i began to buy the books for each grade and teach myself - with the help of my aunt.

View Post

Well that is soo good that you can train yourself to go through an exam, especially a grade 7 exam! you must have tutored yourself well, to get distinction!!! biggrin.gif
Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping.
When you feel like giving up...just remember why you held on for so long.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users