Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
WOOOHOOO! - HSN forum - Page 2

WOOOHOOO!

54 replies to this topic

#21 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE(Dave @ Jun 24 2005, 12:06 AM)

either wya i like trumpet though u dont have that great a range

whats your range

View Post

my range? i don't play either the cornet or the trumpet.

#22 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 23 June 2005 - 11:16 PM

that other guy itsreallyme i was referring to sorry

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#23 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 11:19 PM

ok i see!

#24 Dave

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 11:20 PM

actually i was talking to you but tried to hide the fact i was with the post above

hell i just to truthful

#25 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 11:33 PM

so you were talking to me?!

#26 Gavers

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 12:02 AM

Congrats to you!

I play piano, I've got my grade 4, and thats enough for me, I can play what I want, and can work out stuff I can't play. I could probably get quite a high grade, but cant be bthered with the theory side of things or taking any more lessons. I also played long belled cornet untill my teacher decided to be a complete btcih and do somethin which would take more explaining than I'm willing to do at his moment in time (too tied)

Anyways, I've got grade 3 cornet and grade 4 piano, and I'm generally pretty musical anyways. But this thread aint about me, congrats to you for getting your grade 7, really well done smile.gif

(I apologise for this post bein so jumpy and long, im tired...)

#27 superstar

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 02:18 PM

Well Dun!!
Wot grade did u get for it?

#28 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Feel free to add me to your MSN, and I'll be happy to answer any questions on there.<br /><br />Standard Grade Results 2005<br /><br />8 ones in english, maths, chemistry, biology, physics, modern studies, graphics and french<br /><br />Higher Results 2006:<br /><br />Maths - A<br />English - A<br />Chemistry - A<br />Human Biology - A<br />Modern Studies - A<br /><br />In 6th Year I will be studying Chemistry, Biology and English all to Advanced Higher Level.<br /><br />Applying to study Medicine for 2007 entry :)

Posted 24 June 2005 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE(Gavers @ Jun 24 2005, 12:02 AM)
Congrats to you!

I play piano, I've got my grade 4, and thats enough for me, I can play what I want, and can work out stuff I can't play. I could probably get quite a high grade, but cant be bthered with the theory side of things or taking any more lessons. I also played long belled cornet untill my teacher decided to be a complete btcih and do somethin which would take more explaining than I'm willing to do at his moment in time (too tied)

Anyways, I've got grade 3 cornet and grade 4 piano, and I'm generally pretty musical anyways. But this thread aint about me, congrats to you for getting your grade 7, really well done smile.gif

(I apologise for this post bein so jumpy and long, im tired...)

View Post

Woahh that was a long post hehe tongue.gif
Thanks for the congrats biggrin.gif I'm not really that musical, I hated music at school so i didn't take it...i've just been brought up with a family of pianists so i suppose it got passed on blink.gif

And no need to apologise, my posts are generally long too ph34r.gif tongue.gif
Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common -- they are shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity... and in a flash, they're gone.

#29 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Feel free to add me to your MSN, and I'll be happy to answer any questions on there.<br /><br />Standard Grade Results 2005<br /><br />8 ones in english, maths, chemistry, biology, physics, modern studies, graphics and french<br /><br />Higher Results 2006:<br /><br />Maths - A<br />English - A<br />Chemistry - A<br />Human Biology - A<br />Modern Studies - A<br /><br />In 6th Year I will be studying Chemistry, Biology and English all to Advanced Higher Level.<br /><br />Applying to study Medicine for 2007 entry :)

Posted 24 June 2005 - 04:01 PM

QUOTE(superstar @ Jun 24 2005, 02:18 PM)
Well Dun!!

View Post

Me? I got grade 7 smile.gif
Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common -- they are shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity... and in a flash, they're gone.

#30 AppleCore

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
  • Interests:Photography but first has to be Mountain Biking!

Posted 24 June 2005 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE(Dave @ Jun 24 2005, 12:16 AM)
that other guy itsreallyme i was referring to sorry

View Post

if u mean in octaves, i can do the whole G(below middle C) and from Middle C up 2 octaves. but if im playin in the jazz band i like to improvise and suspect i do go over the 2 octaves off middle C. What's ur range?

#31 Dave

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 08:47 PM

mine aint really so hot but i can sometime get the 2 octaves above middle C quite regularly but my lip goes quite quickly

In brass we dont tend to go much higher than the A or B below the top C

#32 Floorball Maniac

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE(Allana @ Jun 23 2005, 09:56 PM)
Nope i'm not doing anymore exams after this, I've taught myself ever since i was about 12 so i could do the exam later. biggrin.gif

View Post

Don't you think you would want to do the last exam to say you have done the lot? Anyway, grade 7 is an amazing achievement. You should feel very proud.

I am at grade 4 but stopped doing exams a few years ago. I have still went to lessons and practiced a lot so I should be much better than that now. I know for a fact I am not grade 7 standard and I realize what an achievement it is.

Well done and keep enjoying playing!! biggrin.gif

#33 dfx

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 10:55 PM

Congradulations! biggrin.gif

#34 superstar

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE(Allana @ Jun 24 2005, 05:01 PM)
QUOTE(superstar @ Jun 24 2005, 02:18 PM)
Well Dun!!

View Post

Me? I got grade 7 smile.gif

View Post

No soz i meant did u get merit or distinction??
Soz tht wasnt too clear! ohmy.gif

#35 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 08:07 PM

I got a distinction smile.gif

#36 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 09:56 PM

You must be absolutely brilliant on the piano, Allana - grade 7 with distinction?? Wow! I know I've said it before, but WELL DONE - that is quite an accomplishment! wink.gif

#37 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 07:24 AM

QUOTE(fivepenny @ Jun 25 2005, 09:56 PM)
You must be absolutely brilliant on the piano, Allana - grade 7 with distinction?? Wow! I know I've said it before, but WELL DONE - that is quite an accomplishment!  wink.gif

View Post

Thanks again smile.gif
I don't know how i managed to even pass it never mind with a distinction. I completely missed out a bar of music unsure.gif rolleyes.gif

#38 maria

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 10:33 AM

OMG ! Grade 7 with Distinction is amazing!! Well Done btw! i'm guessin you didn't find the exam that hard then?! so ave you ever been to a tutor, or did you prepare yourself for the exam? i'm still amazed! smile.gif
Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping.
When you feel like giving up...just remember why you held on for so long.

#39 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 02:15 PM

Yeh well done
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#40 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 26 June 2005 - 04:56 PM

Congratulations, well done, *any other words for the same thing*! laugh.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users