Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Investigation? - HSN forum

Investigation?

5 replies to this topic

#1 al8ert

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 08:32 AM

Hey, I'm taking advanced higher physics in the coming year and I have been told to start thinking of topics and ideas for my investigation.

I was wondering what last years students done for their investigation, just to give me some ideas. Also, if anyone has any new ideas I would like to hear them.

Thanks in advance!

Al8ert

#2 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 22 June 2005 - 08:37 AM

i did lens namely methods of measuer the focal length of concave adn convex lens

The easiest one is measurng the value of gravity i think though

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#3 werlop

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • Location:Cambridge (Term Time), Bearsden (Glasgow) Non Term Time

Posted 23 June 2005 - 04:44 PM

I investigated stretched strings using a sonometer.
Click here to visit the Bearsden Academy Website
user posted image

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
But make allowance for their doubting too,
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

#4 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 10:29 PM

i did mine on "the wavelength of sodium light". quite good fun (though it involved a lot of being stuck in a darkroom with my teacher!), & i did the same experiment this year in my first year physics labs at uni! ties in well with the 3rd unit of the advanced higher

when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#5 Jas0n

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 01:40 PM

My investigation was measuring the speed of sound using different methods. I did four different techniques and the write up was fairly straight forward.

EDIT:

I can give you my investigation to look over and to get a general feel of how it is to be done. It helped me a lot last year to look at previous investigations and see what mistakes they did.
IPB Image

#6 dfx

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 09:43 PM

You mean Advanced Higher...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users