Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Text - HSN forum - Page 2

Text

144 replies to this topic

#21 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 20 June 2005 - 04:13 PM

So, you gonna marry him? tongue.gif

#22 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Feel free to add me to your MSN, and I'll be happy to answer any questions on there.<br /><br />Standard Grade Results 2005<br /><br />8 ones in english, maths, chemistry, biology, physics, modern studies, graphics and french<br /><br />Higher Results 2006:<br /><br />Maths - A<br />English - A<br />Chemistry - A<br />Human Biology - A<br />Modern Studies - A<br /><br />In 6th Year I will be studying Chemistry, Biology and English all to Advanced Higher Level.<br /><br />Applying to study Medicine for 2007 entry :)

Posted 20 June 2005 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE(ally @ Jun 20 2005, 04:13 PM)
So, you gonna marry him? tongue.gif

View Post

haha, well.............
no i'm not biggrin.gif But i was quite annoyed when i found out it was him.
Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common -- they are shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity... and in a flash, they're gone.

#23 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Feel free to add me to your MSN, and I'll be happy to answer any questions on there.<br /><br />Standard Grade Results 2005<br /><br />8 ones in english, maths, chemistry, biology, physics, modern studies, graphics and french<br /><br />Higher Results 2006:<br /><br />Maths - A<br />English - A<br />Chemistry - A<br />Human Biology - A<br />Modern Studies - A<br /><br />In 6th Year I will be studying Chemistry, Biology and English all to Advanced Higher Level.<br /><br />Applying to study Medicine for 2007 entry :)

Posted 20 June 2005 - 04:16 PM

QUOTE(Wedge37 @ Jun 20 2005, 04:13 PM)
QUOTE(Allana @ Jun 20 2005, 05:06 PM)
Ok, update on the whole text scenario...
We were texting for a while last night and i was pretty confident that the person knew me (he slipped up by saying 'we're on the same mobile network so it wont cost much' hehe) so anyway i called the number today and found out it was a friend of mine whose number didnt happen to be stored on by phone. Ha, I really take long to figure things out. Oh yeah and he called me 'ellie' because apparently it has some connection to my name. blink.gif Fun over, sadly.

View Post

laugh.gif so he fancies you then, eh? tongue.gif

View Post

ha, no. He would have just known that i'm gullable enough to go along with the whole proposal unsure.gif
Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common -- they are shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity... and in a flash, they're gone.

#24 Floorball Maniac

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE(Wedge37 @ Jun 20 2005, 05:13 PM)
QUOTE(Allana @ Jun 20 2005, 05:06 PM)
Ok, update on the whole text scenario...
We were texting for a while last night and i was pretty confident that the person knew me (he slipped up by saying 'we're on the same mobile network so it wont cost much' hehe) so anyway i called the number today and found out it was a friend of mine whose number didnt happen to be stored on by phone. Ha, I really take long to figure things out. Oh yeah and he called me 'ellie' because apparently it has some connection to my name. blink.gif Fun over, sadly.

View Post

laugh.gif so he fancies you then, eh? tongue.gif

View Post

Evidently!!

We know boys tactics!

#25 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE(werlop @ Jun 19 2005, 10:34 PM)
Could be, I guess, but still, doesn't seem very romantic!

View Post

If someone asks me to marry them by text message, I'll say no regardless of if I want to marry them or not. I'm expecting fireworks, rose petals and probably the Eiffel tower. Or a helicopter over New York. Or, ooooh, on a beach in the Carribean!

Think Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes - that was romantic.

This is why I'm signle and I'm never going to get married. tongue.gif

#26 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 20 June 2005 - 05:42 PM

Why do alot of celebs end up going out for about a week then announce their engagement. They do it all to fast for my likings. Half of them end up divorcing after about a year aswell.

As for when prince charming proposes to me *as if*.. nothing too fancy required. i'm thinking after a prince charming made dinner, to be precise after the ice cream. To be extra precise vanilla with strawberries.

Now for the ring...
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#27 Steven_Gerrard

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 06:18 PM

hmm I like the dinner thing and the proposing on a beach in the Carribean. I think, if I ever propose, I'll do a combination of the two during sunset! That would be perfect.
....or if I cant be arsed I'll just send a text lol

#28 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE(Steven_Gerrard @ Jun 20 2005, 06:18 PM)
hmm I like the dinner thing and the proposing on a beach in the Carribean. I think, if I ever propose, I'll do a combination of the two during sunset! That would be perfect.
....or if I cant be arsed I'll just send a text lol

View Post

I was all impressed and saying 'awwww' aloud until i read the last sentence... ohmy.gif

#29 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 06:37 PM

Any boy I go out with gets warned about my expectations.

They leave me within a week.

... Joke.

Seriously, though. If you're going to propose, put in a bit of effort. I mean, if I were to propose - something I may well do in the future, you never know - I'd go all out.

I'm a big soppy git, though.

#30 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Jun 20 2005, 06:37 PM)
Any boy I go out with gets warned about my expectations.

They leave me within a week.

...  Joke.

Seriously, though.  If you're going to propose, put in a bit of effort.  I mean, if I were to propose - something I may well do in the future, you never know - I'd go all out.

I'm a big soppy git, though.

View Post

awww arn't we all. I don't think i would propose to a guy though - I'm too much of a traditionalist biggrin.gif tongue.gif

#31 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 06:42 PM

I don't know, I think I might.

However, I'm a believer that boys should always, always, always make the first move.

I've no problem with girls asking boys out, because I've done that before. But the first kiss should be up to the boy.

#32 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 20 June 2005 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE(Allana @ Jun 20 2005, 07:38 PM)
I don't think i would propose to a guy though

View Post

Hmm.. to a girl then? tongue.gif rolleyes.gif

#33 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 06:43 PM

I agree...
So all you guys out there - take note tongue.gif

#34 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE(ally @ Jun 20 2005, 06:42 PM)
QUOTE(Allana @ Jun 20 2005, 07:38 PM)
I don't think i would propose to a guy though

View Post

Hmm.. to a girl then? tongue.gif rolleyes.gif

View Post

haha
well if i had a drastic alcohol overload then that may be a possibility tongue.gif

#35 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 06:45 PM

I had this awful situation with a guy I was seeing, haha... He was really quite shy, and I did like him and he liked me. But he was too shy to make a move and I was too stubborn to do it myself. :X

Needless to say, that one went nowhere.

Bless him. He was lovely too.

I should've got him drunk, that would've worked.

#36 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 06:47 PM

aw how sweet...I don't think i've been out with a shy guy (poet in the making i am) ...they've normally been quite outgoing. I haven't been out with someone in a while anyway. Plenty of time - i'm hoping unsure.gif

#37 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 06:55 PM

Hmm...There would be no way I would ask someone to marry me by text message - far too impersonal! If you love them enough to marry them you could at least put in a little more thought I'd say!
Mark

#38 coca

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • Interests:Programming and gaming<br /><br />http://coca-123.bebo.com

Posted 20 June 2005 - 07:06 PM

and you can hardly surprise them with a ring over a text message can you?
<MrBob> I hate Uni. At least in film studies we get to talk about Fight Club.
<@X-Factor> Wouldnt you be breaking the first 2 rules?

#39 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE(pseudotoxic @ Jun 20 2005, 07:06 PM)
and you can hardly surprise them with a ring over a text message can you?

View Post

Good point tongue.gif

#40 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 07:11 PM

Yeah - and I just feel if you loved somebody that much, make it something special that nobody else can do! I mean you get text messages and that off all your friends! smile.gif

Mark

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users