Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Wimbledon Draw - HSN forum - Page 2

Wimbledon Draw

190 replies to this topic

#21 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Feel free to add me to your MSN, and I'll be happy to answer any questions on there.<br /><br />Standard Grade Results 2005<br /><br />8 ones in english, maths, chemistry, biology, physics, modern studies, graphics and french<br /><br />Higher Results 2006:<br /><br />Maths - A<br />English - A<br />Chemistry - A<br />Human Biology - A<br />Modern Studies - A<br /><br />In 6th Year I will be studying Chemistry, Biology and English all to Advanced Higher Level.<br /><br />Applying to study Medicine for 2007 entry :)

Posted 21 June 2005 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE(YIC @ Jun 21 2005, 09:50 PM)
The commentators were really biased in the henman game. The crowd kept screaming whenever henman won a point and whenever the other guy won a point the crowd went near silent. It was quite annoying. I hope henman meets federer and then loses 6-0 6-0 6-0 - oh that would be nice!

View Post

Yeah i agree. Experience seemed to have got Henman through today's game, he is not a particularly good player. I watched him at wimbledon a couple of years back and I was less than impressed, to say the least dry.gif I just hope some random wildcard entry will boot him out - make him look bad tongue.gif
Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common -- they are shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity... and in a flash, they're gone.

#22 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 11:55 AM

I always like a foreign commentator in on the Henman match like McEnroe, Becker or Pat Cash. They tend to keep it more realistic and if Henman's playing poorly they'll call it as it is.

I wouldn't say the crowd were too bad! At the French Open the umpire refused to come down and check the ball mark for Sebastian Grosjean, and the crowd started booing, and standing up with their thumbs down for 10mins until the tournament referee came out to talk to the umpire. I don't think our crowds are too bad compared to that!
Mark

#23 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Feel free to add me to your MSN, and I'll be happy to answer any questions on there.<br /><br />Standard Grade Results 2005<br /><br />8 ones in english, maths, chemistry, biology, physics, modern studies, graphics and french<br /><br />Higher Results 2006:<br /><br />Maths - A<br />English - A<br />Chemistry - A<br />Human Biology - A<br />Modern Studies - A<br /><br />In 6th Year I will be studying Chemistry, Biology and English all to Advanced Higher Level.<br /><br />Applying to study Medicine for 2007 entry :)

Posted 29 June 2005 - 08:01 PM

I'm going to the men's final at the weekend biggrin.gif
Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common -- they are shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity... and in a flash, they're gone.

#24 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 08:09 PM

Really? WOW! You're so lucky! How did you get the tickets?

I think it might be a re-run of last years final Federer v Roddick, so it should be a great match!
Mark

#25 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE(sparky @ Jun 29 2005, 08:09 PM)

I think it might be a re-run of last years final Federer v Roddick, so it should be a great match!

View Post

Lets just say i have contacts amongst the tennis players biggrin.gif

Well only one, unfortunately.

#26 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE(Allana @ Jun 29 2005, 08:37 PM)
QUOTE(sparky @ Jun 29 2005, 08:09 PM)

View Post

Lets just say i have contacts amongst the tennis players biggrin.gif

Well only one, unfortunately.

View Post

oooo.... smile.gif ...nice! Contacts are marvellous things! That's how our ICT Technician at school got tickets for the Hyde Park Live 8 gig!
Mark

#27 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE(Allana @ Jun 29 2005, 09:01 PM)

View Post

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

huh.gif you are my BEST FRIEND, allana. I'll buy them off you - Name a price. Any price. I have dosh. Lots of it, from.....er........a certain...... unsure.gif er....well.....hmm........a certain bank robbery i was kind of involved in at the weekend..... ph34r.gif ph34r.gif

rolleyes.gif

#28 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 08:46 PM

I must admit one problem I think we have over here which is partly I think the reason why we don't have any number of top players is that tennis is too "restricted".

Many clubs even at a lot lower levels than Wimbledon are still enforcing an all white rule.

It is so hard to get tickets for Wimbledon compared to Flushing Meadows or Rolland Garros.

And Tennis in Scotland is largely not funded pretty well.
Mark

#29 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE(fivepenny @ Jun 29 2005, 08:42 PM)
QUOTE(Allana @ Jun 29 2005, 09:01 PM)

View Post

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

huh.gif you are my BEST FRIEND, allana. I'll buy them off you - Name a price. Any price. I have dosh. Lots of it, from.....er........a certain...... unsure.gif er....well.....hmm........a certain bank robbery i was kind of involved in at the weekend..... ph34r.gif ph34r.gif

rolleyes.gif

View Post

Well my contact tongue.gif ..having been put out already rolleyes.gif ...is also going to the final and always promised me a ticket to the wimbledon final if he was going - otherwise i would be extremely jealous and never speak to him again of course biggrin.gif

So my asking price :

£2,000,000 in cash
oh and also a lifetime supply of irn bru would be nice biggrin.gif

#30 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 08:49 PM

lol! Right fivepenny what's your offer?! tongue.gif
Mark

#31 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 09:42 PM

starting bid of £2,000,000 and 20p and lifetime supply of irn bru for allana AND her family.

#32 Steven_Gerrard

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 10:06 PM

I bid £2,000,000 and 30p and a lifetime supply of irn bru for Allana AND her family.

#33 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 10:11 PM

I bid £2,000,000 and 45p and a lifetime supply or Irn Bru for Allana her family AND friends.

#34 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 10:12 PM

Woohoo get the bids coming in tongue.gif

I hope you realise that its not my ticket you are biding for, but my friend's laugh.gif
So the winning bidder will accompany moi

#35 Steven_Gerrard

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

In that case I bid a fiver tongue.gif

#36 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

I still hold my bid.

#37 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE(Steven_Gerrard @ Jun 29 2005, 10:12 PM)
In that case I bid a fiver  tongue.gif

View Post

laugh.gif
Well lucky for you, you have lost out on the ticket wink.gif hehe

#38 Steven_Gerrard

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 10:19 PM

In all seriosuness would your friend sell it for a fiver? After all we would have to sit beside you, your ripping ME off lol tongue.gif

#39 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE(Steven_Gerrard @ Jun 29 2005, 10:19 PM)
In all seriosuness would your friend sell it for a fiver? After all we would have to sit beside you, your ripping ME off lol tongue.gif

View Post

lol come on you know you want to sit beside me biggrin.gif

We can drool over Andy Roddick together tongue.gif

#40 Steven_Gerrard

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 10:24 PM

A fiver is my final offer.

And Id rather drool over Roger Federer any day of the week wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users