Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Phobias - HSN forum - Page 2

Phobias

37 replies to this topic

#21 dfx

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 07:29 PM

not to mention the consequences of touching one *winces*

#22 JiLL

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 07:37 PM

I hate the thought of blood.Just looking at it makes me feel sick and my legs go all weak.Here's a story about my ordeal with blood:

One day last year i thought it would be a good experience to go and watch my sister give blood at one of those donor stations because i had never been before. So in i went with her and sat next to her while she lay down on the bed and prepared herself to give blood. Usually its the patient who is supposed to feel a wee bit peaky and pale but oh no it was me, and the nurse actually had to say to me "R u ok?" coz i went so pale and i felt so faint looking at my sisters blood fill up the blood bag! arh it was horrible.

Even if i cut my finger, i physically feel sick and go really pale. lol

euch i hate it mad.gif
beast

#23 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE(JiLL @ Jun 9 2005, 08:37 PM)
I hate the thought of blood.Just looking at it makes me feel sick and my legs go all weak.Here's a story about my ordeal with blood:

One day last year i thought it would be a good experience to go and watch my sister give blood at one of those donor stations because i had never been before.  So in i went with her and sat next to her while she lay down on the bed and prepared herself to give blood.  Usually its the patient who is supposed to feel a wee bit peaky and pale but oh no it was me, and the nurse actually had to say to me "R u ok?" coz i went so pale and i felt so faint looking at my sisters blood fill up the blood bag! arh it was horrible. 

Even if i cut my finger, i physically feel sick and go really pale. lol

euch i hate it mad.gif

View Post

Well, I'm not sure if I have a phobia of blood because blood from other people doesn't bother me.

However, i fainted almost every time my teeth came out. I also fainted when a large spring from an old chair cut into my wrist on New Years Day '98. Yeuch, there was a lot of blood then though - I think a few of people felt like fainting - my mother almost did. But I did gain from it a pretty impressive looking scar!! cool.gif

That was the last time I fainted with blood although I still feel a bit faint when I see my own blood, but I think a lot of people do.

#24 D_n_y

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Interests:erm just the usual mince...

Posted 09 June 2005 - 08:38 PM

Would it be weird having phobophobia (a fear of phobias).
I also found 1 in this fact book I have - chronophobia (a fear of time)......that must be strange to have as you can't exactly escape the perpetual motion of time. blink.gif
msn: I_dont_want_ur_junk@hotmail.com
MDunn

#25 Chünz

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 08:40 PM

I suppose I have Kakorrhaphiophobia - fear of failure or defeat. I can't stand failure at all.

http://www.phobialist.com/

#26 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 09 June 2005 - 09:19 PM

i've jsut remembered something i really hate, this is quite weird huh.gif it's like rubbing your fingertips together. it jsut gives me a minging feeling. if i'm writing and i think about how two fingertips are touching my fingers feel really weird and i cant write properly. as you can see i cant explain stuff well, but euch its horrible.
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#27 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 09 June 2005 - 09:21 PM

It just tickles a bit when I do that. rolleyes.gif

#28 AppleCore

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
  • Interests:Photography but first has to be Mountain Biking!

Posted 09 June 2005 - 10:09 PM

show me insects, show me lions, show me any living creature, but show me a spider and im sky high hiding.. hate those darn things... never could and never will be able to stand them!

#29 dfx

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 10:55 PM

You all are just pure cruel. mad.gif Spiders are amazing cute lil thangs that can be absolutely adorable! wub.gif

Before you protest to have my banned, I was only jk tongue.gif Apparently arachnophobia is a genetic thing through the entire human race...

#30 AppleCore

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE(dfx @ Jun 9 2005, 11:55 PM)
You all are just pure cruel. mad.gif Spiders are amazing cute lil thangs that can be absolutely adorable!  wub.gif

Before you protest to have my banned, I was only jk tongue.gif Apparently arachnophobia is a genetic thing through the entire human race...

View Post

i almost had a panic attack when i saw the poster for "EIGHT LEGGED FREAKS"

#31 dfx

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 10:58 PM

Man thats one freaky flick...

#32 AppleCore

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 11:00 PM

and if u've ever seen "Minority Report", if u remember the bit where they search the whole house with those spider things.. well.. ever since then, when ever i hear metal on a wooden floor and it sounds like movement... i freak out too.. cos i think its metal spiders lol!

#33 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 10:25 AM

I hate moths too. Whenever a moth gets near me, I get this weird twitch in the middle of my bottom lip! Weird!

#34 superstar

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 11:49 AM

I have a phobia of spiders, moths, daddy long legs anything yuk like that!
I also have a huge phobia of failure

#35 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 02:41 PM

Just remebered a girl in my class HATES polystyrene. Apparently hates the sound of it creaking, the texture and the smell (i don't smell polystyrene!). I remember once in art we had some polystyrene and she was paranoid and wouldn't stop walking and jumping about the place. It was weird!

#36 LCaesar

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Playing guitar, watching Scrubs, and making little shapes out of bluetac (I made a Rolling Stones style mouth the other day...it was cool at the time!). <br />I've been obsessed with Green Day for ages, you can't have too much of a good thing.

Posted 10 June 2005 - 06:39 PM

I hate earwigs! I used to sleep way under the sheets in case they nipped me with those really scary pincer things ohmy.gif
Don't talk. Mime is money.IPB Image

#37 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 06:51 PM

I hate spiders. I just can't stand even looking at them! :S

I don't really like flying it has to be said! I'm okay once I actually get on the plane and get on with it, but in the weeks running upto it, it always plays on my mind sad.gif
Mark

#38 TheMesiter

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Interests:golf, food<br />im amazing and sexy :)

Posted 16 June 2005 - 07:55 PM

i have a severe phobia of spiders, i get sick when i see them and dizzy and headaches. its the legs, they are horrible

I also have a phobia of failure
User Banned.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users