Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Is advanced higher chemistry hard? - HSN forum

Is advanced higher chemistry hard?

19 replies to this topic

#1 *sofax*

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:playing the fiddle, swimming, music, the OC, Will and Grace and going out with friends. Not that there is much to do here!!

Posted 08 June 2005 - 08:50 PM

I have chosen advanced higher chemistry and I will be the only one taking it. I am just worried that the only time the teacher can teach me is on a thursday so I would have at least 3 hrs in one day. Can anyone tell me if it would be hard to cram it all into one day?
*a wee drop of heaven*

x sophie x

#2 Floorball Maniac

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 05:07 PM

I haven't taken it but I believe if you work hard you will manage it! All it will take is a hell of a lot of hard work on your part! It would be worth it though.

#3 *sofax*

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:playing the fiddle, swimming, music, the OC, Will and Grace and going out with friends. Not that there is much to do here!!

Posted 09 June 2005 - 08:11 PM

Ye chemistry is my favourite subject and being the only one in the class should be advantageous! I hope all goes well for everyone doing it anyway!! I am doing all my project in June so that will be one less thing to worry about after the summer.
*a wee drop of heaven*

x sophie x

#4 dfx

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 10:00 PM

I haven't done it either, but from what I've heard its one heavy duty demanding course.

#5 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 09 June 2005 - 10:14 PM

Yeah, you'll have to put a lot of work in it, especially if you're only doing it 3 hours a week.

The course isn't too bad. It's just a case of revising and practising a lot of questions. The investigation takes up a lot of time though, so it's best if you don't leave it till the last minute.

#6 Rubberducky

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 09:36 AM

QUOTE(ally @ Jun 9 2005, 10:14 PM)
Yeah, you'll have to put a lot of work in it, especially if you're only doing it 3 hours a week.

The course isn't too bad. It's just a case of revising and practising a lot of questions. The investigation takes up a lot of time though, so it's best if you don't leave it till the last minute.

View Post

Yeh, my teacher left our investigations until very very last minute - i mean, on the morning they were due to be collected, i was sitting in the 6th year lab frantically doing the calculations, and being up until 2.45 am the morning before doing my write up!!! Grr!! i was mad! Our teacher got the dates wrong so the night before it was due he phoned us up to tell us that it was needed for the next day! hahaha so yeh, good luck with that!
user posted image

#7 *sofax*

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 10:10 PM

I had 3 hrs yesterday and a period 2day so I have made good head way with my investigation already! It's looking promising, the teacher I had 4 SG and higher is retiring so I'm making the most of it before he leaves in the summer! Thanx for all the advice!
*a wee drop of heaven*

x sophie x

#8 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:My interests

Posted 18 June 2005 - 12:01 PM

BTW, I have a good tip. blink.gif Go to the SQA's website and download the marking instructions for the 2003 and 2004 exams. Then later in the year when the 2005 marking instructions are out, they might not show the 2003 anymore but just the 2004 and 2005. So when you are doing the 2003 paper, you wil have official marking instructions at hand rather than the simple answers. So 2003, 2004 aand 2005 instead of just 2004 and 2005 which could happen if you download them later. rolleyes.gif

#9 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE(*sofax* @ Jun 10 2005, 11:10 PM)
I had 3 hrs yesterday and a period 2day so I have made good head way with my investigation already! It's looking promising, the teacher I had 4 SG and higher is retiring so I'm making the most of it before he leaves in the summer! Thanx for all the advice!

View Post

Cool. Sounds like you'll do well. smile.gif

I found doing a lot of questions (past papers) helps a LOT!. smile.gif

#10 *sofax*

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 08:04 PM

I've finished all my experimental work and typed up nearly half of the investigation! I'm so proud of myself I just had to share it! tongue.gif
*a wee drop of heaven*

x sophie x

#11 Steven_Gerrard

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 08:50 PM

well done and your right, being on your own in a class can have its advantages as it well prepare you well for when your on your own in prison for mobile phone fraud. tongue.gif

#12 *sofax*

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 09:01 PM

lol! You're too funny! I think you're stalking me around this forum so I won't be the only one in prison for a looooong time! tongue.gif
*a wee drop of heaven*

x sophie x

#13 Steven_Gerrard

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 09:10 PM

If anything your stalking me AND your stealing MY words. Thats theft as well....wow your going down for a looooong tme

#14 *sofax*

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 09:21 PM

That's like being wee again! I know you are but what am I sort of idea!! tongue.gif
*a wee drop of heaven*

x sophie x

#15 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE(*sofax* @ Jun 24 2005, 09:04 PM)
I've finished all my experimental work and typed up nearly half of the investigation! I'm so proud of myself I just had to share it!  tongue.gif

View Post

Wow? Really?! ohmy.gif

Well done! biggrin.gif wink.gif

#16 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 01:36 PM

Yeh well done.
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#17 *sofax*

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 01:54 PM

Thanks!! biggrin.gif I'm just going to start typing up the discussion/conclusion! Should be just about finished by the holidays!! smile.gif
*a wee drop of heaven*

x sophie x

#18 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 01:58 PM

hehe. What are you doing it on, if you don't mind me asking? smile.gif

#19 *sofax*

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 02:05 PM

The effect of transition metal catalysts on the reaction between zinc and sulphuric acid! It's relatively simple so it's all good! smile.gif
*a wee drop of heaven*

x sophie x

#20 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:My interests

Posted 29 June 2005 - 09:43 PM

it is quite impressive that you have done it before the holidays. In some subjects we have done jack. In chem we have done electronic structure and uncertainties, but tbh we practically skimmed through some of the stuff

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users