Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
News - HSN forum - Page 5

News

1945 replies to this topic

#81 AppleCore

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
  • Interests:Photography but first has to be Mountain Biking!

Posted 03 July 2005 - 07:00 PM

I don't find this type of police behaviour encouraging to say the least. The police keeping photographic records of protestors...sounds a bit 1984 to me

im kinda glad they do that!.. its just easier for other times and then it makes people realize that if they think of doing it again, there could be graver consequences!

#82 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE(itsmereally @ Jul 3 2005, 07:00 PM)
im kinda glad they do that!.. its just easier for other times and then it makes people realize that if they think of doing it again, there could be graver consequences!

View Post

I was refering to the bbc article which quotes sources saying coachloads of people were stopped on their way to the protest and were photographed and searched.

And anyway, the police should not be allowed to keep photographs of anyone, unless they are a criminal! And since there was only one charge, for a drug related offence, I see no legitimate reason for the photographings.

#83 Katrina

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 11:17 PM

but they were really paranoid about there being trouble, they would just would have wanted to be extra sure everybody would be safe

#84 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 03 July 2005 - 11:18 PM

i think the police did well

in other euro countries the police have resorted to breaking legs a little too quickly adn caused a riot from the whole crowd as opposed to a select number of actual trouble makers

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#85 Katrina

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 11:21 PM

yeah there was only one bad group, only 60 out of 200000 thats not bad, just shows peaceful protests can be done and will probably have more effect!

#86 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 11:32 PM

QUOTE(Katrina @ Jul 3 2005, 11:21 PM)
yeah there was only one bad group, only 60 out of 200000 thats not bad, just shows peaceful protests can be done and will probably have more effect!

View Post

That doesn't really make sense. If 200,000 people turn up at the G8 armed with weapons, they will get a lot more done than without.

#87 Katrina

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 11:35 PM

no they wouldnt, they would just piss people off, hurt alot of people whcih is not the aim of this whole thing, its to save lives! plus it would be kinda selfish to go acting like that!

#88 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 11:38 PM

200,000 people could easily overrun the G8 compund, seize the leaders, and force a deal on poverty, climate change, etc. Peaceful protest does not get things done. It gets ignored.

#89 Dave

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 11:42 PM

eh no!!!

there would be a blood bath

200,000 untrained nutters against the best military killing machines is no contest

#90 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 11:43 PM

200,000 people against 10,000 police (who will have no CS spray, rubber bullets or water-cannons), you mean?

#91 Katrina

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 11:43 PM

u cant force a deal, and even if u could no action would then be taken, i think this way leaders will see how important this is and actually change things! Overcoming poverty is an act of justice! its wot should be done and anyone with a concience would see that

#92 Dave

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 11:45 PM

i think u will find if u get anywhere near gleneagles hotel snipers wil fire first adn ask questiosn later

#93 Katrina

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 11:47 PM

russian and american guys have permission to shoot if anyone crosses the line even though it goes against scottish laws

#94 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 11:47 PM

Yes it is, but do you think these leaders are representative of their people's views? Do you think they would sacrifice their own backsides for their cause?

Take Mr. Bush, for example. He constantly refuses to do anything about climate change, regardless of the factual, uncontestable evidence that CO2 emissions cause global warming. He refuses to reduce US emissions, because the corporations backing him don't want him to.

These "leaders" are pathetic people with no spines. They don't represent the majority, and they don't act in the interests of the vulnerable. If you believe elsewise, you are indeed very naive.

#95 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE(Dave @ Jul 3 2005, 11:45 PM)
i think u will find if u get anywhere near gleneagles hotel snipers wil fire first adn ask questiosn later

View Post

As I said, 200,000 people would easily overrun it though.

#96 Katrina

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 11:50 PM

well i tihnk blair will try make changes, as for bush he is an idiot he hasnt got a clue about anything! he will be responsible for the ending of the world the way he is going!

#97 Dave

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 11:51 PM

no actually u have to admit bush is representing the majority of the US

In america they had a completely different culture. They love excess i mean truckers use petrol not Desiel. Also they want everything to be cheap

If Bush was to sign up to climate change regulations then all this would change and people would go nuts in the US.

#98 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 11:52 PM

Without the US, changes are nothing. They emit 24% of the world's CO2. And their emissions are increasing. Plus India and China who also emit huge amounts, but they are not aprt of the talks.

#99 Dave

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 11:54 PM

i know this but at the same time u have to see the culture in the USA and how resrictive it is to change

#100 Katrina

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 11:55 PM

yeah y arent they part of it?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users