Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Who is taking H Chemistry this year? - HSN forum

Who is taking H Chemistry this year?

51 replies to this topic

#1 Floorball Maniac

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 04:58 PM

Who is taking H Chemistry this year?

#2 AmAnDa

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Interests:Gymnastics, watching TV, listening to music, shopping

Posted 07 June 2005 - 08:07 PM

I am!! looks like a lot of hard work is coming up!!

user posted image
(`'•.¸(`'•.¸ ¸.•'´)¸.•'´)
x..*...x•..•°.Amanda loves Craig•..•°.x...*..x
(¸.•'´(¸.•'´ `'•.¸)`'•.¸)

#3 cc100

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE(AmAnDa @ Jun 7 2005, 08:07 PM)
looks like a lot of hard work is coming up!!

View Post

You're right there!
"...You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I'll rise....
Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise."

**Maya Angelou**

Si tu le fais, le fais bien ou ne le fais pas.

Against terrorism and in favour of peace.
Contra el terrorismo y a favor de la paz.

An eye for an eye will turn the world blind.
Ojo por ojo y el mundo acabará ciego.
~Gandhi~

#4 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Feel free to add me to your MSN, and I'll be happy to answer any questions on there.<br /><br />Standard Grade Results 2005<br /><br />8 ones in english, maths, chemistry, biology, physics, modern studies, graphics and french<br /><br />Higher Results 2006:<br /><br />Maths - A<br />English - A<br />Chemistry - A<br />Human Biology - A<br />Modern Studies - A<br /><br />In 6th Year I will be studying Chemistry, Biology and English all to Advanced Higher Level.<br /><br />Applying to study Medicine for 2007 entry :)

Posted 18 June 2005 - 07:07 PM

I'm taking it too, should be hard - but fun biggrin.gif (excluding the calculations of course tongue.gif )
Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common -- they are shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity... and in a flash, they're gone.

#5 werlop

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • Location:Cambridge (Term Time), Bearsden (Glasgow) Non Term Time

Posted 18 June 2005 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE(Allana @ Jun 18 2005, 08:07 PM)
I'm taking it too, should be hard - but fun biggrin.gif  (excluding the calculations of course tongue.gif )

View Post

But they are half the fun!
Click here to visit the Bearsden Academy Website
user posted image

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
But make allowance for their doubting too,
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

#6 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Feel free to add me to your MSN, and I'll be happy to answer any questions on there.<br /><br />Standard Grade Results 2005<br /><br />8 ones in english, maths, chemistry, biology, physics, modern studies, graphics and french<br /><br />Higher Results 2006:<br /><br />Maths - A<br />English - A<br />Chemistry - A<br />Human Biology - A<br />Modern Studies - A<br /><br />In 6th Year I will be studying Chemistry, Biology and English all to Advanced Higher Level.<br /><br />Applying to study Medicine for 2007 entry :)

Posted 18 June 2005 - 07:13 PM

ha, if you say so rolleyes.gif
Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common -- they are shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity... and in a flash, they're gone.

#7 maria

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE(Allana @ Jun 18 2005, 07:07 PM)
I'm taking it too, should be hard - but fun biggrin.gif  (excluding the calculations of course tongue.gif )

View Post

Calculations in Chemistry are so much easier to remember than the ones in Physics though! They aren't hard at all!
Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping.
When you feel like giving up...just remember why you held on for so long.

#8 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE(Maria @ Jun 19 2005, 02:42 PM)
QUOTE(Allana @ Jun 18 2005, 07:07 PM)

View Post

Calculations in Chemistry are so much easier to remember than the ones in Physics though! They aren't hard at all!

View Post

I didn't say the calculations were at all hard.
Just excluded them from the fun category tongue.gif

#9 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 19 June 2005 - 03:03 PM

I liked the calculations probably more than the other stuff in the course. ph34r.gif tongue.gif

#10 werlop

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • Location:Cambridge (Term Time), Bearsden (Glasgow) Non Term Time

Posted 19 June 2005 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE(ally @ Jun 19 2005, 04:03 PM)
I liked the calculations probably more than the other stuff in the course.  ph34r.gif  tongue.gif

View Post

I agree.
Click here to visit the Bearsden Academy Website
user posted image

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
But make allowance for their doubting too,
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

#11 Steven_Gerrard

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 06:20 PM

ooo I do hope you enjoy the year of total boredom that your about to experience

#12 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 21 June 2005 - 09:05 AM

QUOTE(Steven_Gerrard @ Jun 20 2005, 07:20 PM)
ooo I do hope you enjoy the year of total boredom that your about to experience

View Post

ohmy.gif How dare you say it's boring! Chemistry is interesting! Don't believe me? Do this simple experiment:

*Throw someone you hate in a bathtub of water.
*Cut up a lump of Caesium to mass of about 100g
*Dangle it over the bathtub and tell the person you hate that you will drop it if he/she tries to get out.

(It will blow up if he/she makes any splashes anyway so...)

God, I am evil! ph34r.gif

#13 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 21 June 2005 - 11:09 AM

as a mod i feel the need to put a "Dont try this at home kids" message of here

tongue.gif

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#14 *sofax*

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:playing the fiddle, swimming, music, the OC, Will and Grace and going out with friends. Not that there is much to do here!!

Posted 21 June 2005 - 05:36 PM

Chemistry was one of my favourite subjects last year. It's so much fun! I didn't revise for it during the year just for prelim and final exam so there isn't that much work. I was finished the course by the time of the prelims so I suppose that helped! The calculations were the worst bit, I'm not mathematically minded apart from in maths where I have to be!
*a wee drop of heaven*

x sophie x

#15 Steven_Gerrard

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 07:45 PM

no no no do not listen to these people! chemistry SUCKS! It WILL bore you to death and you would sooner rather be dead that be in a double period....at least thats my experience anyway

#16 *sofax*

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:playing the fiddle, swimming, music, the OC, Will and Grace and going out with friends. Not that there is much to do here!!

Posted 21 June 2005 - 08:08 PM

everyone has there own opinion so you can't really judge what it will be like until you try it!
*a wee drop of heaven*

x sophie x

#17 Steven_Gerrard

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 08:14 PM

This is true

#18 *sofax*

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 08:31 PM

Finally you agree with me! lol tongue.gif
*a wee drop of heaven*

x sophie x

#19 Steven_Gerrard

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 08:32 PM

When have I not agreed with you? lol

#20 *sofax*

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 08:33 PM

lol!! Just as well I appreciate sarcasm! biggrin.gif
*a wee drop of heaven*

x sophie x

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users