Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Common Rooms - HSN forum - Page 3

Common Rooms

55 replies to this topic

#41 dehny

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE(itsmereally @ Aug 20 2005, 10:41 AM)
QUOTE(dehny @ Aug 19 2005, 10:37 PM)
QUOTE(djh1878 @ Aug 19 2005, 02:21 PM)
We aren't getting one now. sad.gif  Our headteacher is an arse.  dry.gif  mad.gif

View Post

we're not getting one either, headteachers alright but teachers want a room to smoke in, dont matter that they burned it down last year or that you cant smoke in fife council buildings theyve still got it

View Post

WHAT????.. ur teachers get a smokers room and thats why u dont get a common room?? seriously .. take that to the press.. they'll help u make a really big issue out of it!!!! rolleyes.gif

View Post

we get the cafe as a 'common room' but we cant do anything we would in a common room. so ive started a draft letter to Roger Stewart- Head of Education at Fife council
My profile

1. Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt,
Wenn es stets zu Schutz und Trutze
Brüderlich zusammenhält,
Von der Maas bis an die Memel,
Von der Etsch bis an den Belt -
Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt.

#42 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 20 August 2005 - 05:08 PM

I noticed how our teachers moved the pool table from the old common room into the staff room before telling us we weren't gettin a common room. mad.gif wink.gif

It isn't even theirs. mad.gif I'm phoning the Daily Record...they've got nothing better to write about! rolleyes.gif
Check Out My Space! - www.myspace.com

Aberdeen University - French and International Relations - September 06'

IPB Image

#43 zaim187

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 06:22 PM

My school doesn't even have a damn common room. We just get a big social area type thing that anyone can use at break times lunch times free periods etc

#44 wikked-dfc

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 10:34 PM

I now love my common room. I have 9 free periods a week spread over 3 columns so I spend my time in it with different people all the time and now talk to people I used to hate with a passion.

Its great it really is, reading the girls magazines lol, doing(copying) homework, talking and watching the original willy wonka(which I kindly donated to the common room) all day is great fun.

Anyone who doesn;t have one I feel so sorry for you, you should campaign to get one.

#45 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 05:38 PM

Yeah common rooms are good. I doing a big mural just now on the wall. I dont think im meant to though unsure.gif

The other god hting is, i get to use the art staff base now which is great - we get big desks to oursleves, and loads of shelves so i can leave everything there.

Today there was a lot of first years annoying and jumping up in front of the window annoyingly so we opened the window and pured water on them....what a good example we are. biggrin.gif

#46 Pooch

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Interests:Flying

Posted 26 August 2005 - 06:57 PM

We get our common room on Monday. Quite a nice one as well biggrin.gif

#47 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 27 August 2005 - 11:38 AM

We have a music rota in our common room. I was extrememly embarrased yesterday when they stood up on a table and made the announcemnt - my friend Kimberley said out very loud "God, no - don't let sharon get her hands on the CD player or we shall all be listening to bagpipe music!"

ohmy.gif blush.gif

#48 krazykooki

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 08:02 PM

our common room is a large area that we get to use wen none of the community groups r in an we get 1 notice board an anythin that goes on it has to be approved its not too bad tho its warm, teachers dont walk in an out constantly an we have access to electricity which is an improvement on the areas we av to use durin study periods wen community groups r in but im jealous of the ppl with kettles i need coffee!

#49 wikked-dfc

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 09:11 PM

What a great idea music rotas are.

In ours we just get up and change the CD and normally people get annoyed, plus there are these two people who think they can tell the "other side" of our year(The evil ones who play vengaboys) that we don't like the music even though we can tell them ourselves and it has nothing to do with them.

The worst thing happened when someone put off my mixed CD for some trance crap and too make it worse the CD was the one and only, the great KELLY CLARKSON(anyone without this album should buy iy its great). I was not impressed.

Also these people have written on the wall, which was just painted to get rid of the graffitti, it really is annoying when people who are aged 17 can't sit in a room without writing on the walls its pretty pathetic really.

Also does anyone have a Common Room Commitee who are like in charge of getting food and drinks and appliances etc for the Common Room, I think our year should "elect" one but nobody would listen

#50 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:My interests

Posted 04 September 2005 - 10:16 PM

our common room is a piece of shit to be honest.

#51 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 04:03 PM

yes we have a common room committee. actually i think there are a few different committee things though im not sure what they are there to do. my name got read out for something the other day but im not sure what...i was busy doodling on the wallllll. bein a prefect thingy i should perhaps pay more attention wink.gif

#52 KinderStone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 07:39 PM

Our last 6th year wrecked their common room, incase your wondering it's considered a big no-no to pull radiators off walls tongue.gif

The room we're in just now is the old 5th year common room but half of the space is taken up by old lockers and piles of old chairs. We have a few of the collapsable table things and a load of broken benches some steelworks donated years ago. We had a Tv/dvd combi and a cd player but turns out throwing basket balls against sockets is also a bad idea cause it breaks them.
I have to say we only write on the benches and our walls are only decorated with slices of decaying cucumber and the odd bit of chewing gum.

Though our school is going through a re-vamp and the headteacher is acctualy paying for a new common room to be built under our towerblock so we're all chuffed cause we're getting to decorate it (can you say 'white-board paint'?) and we're getting a load of new tv's, cd players toaster ect.

Only one bad thing about the new common room? We need to leave behind Sam, our pet mould that's been growing in the 5th year common room for over 6 years.

#53 8139222014

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 05:04 PM

Before the summer, there were people playing football, the head teacher warned them twice, after that the common room was closed until after the summer.

Now it's closed again because people left their rubbish all over the place, the janitor put up notices about it, then a pupil put up another notice (I don't know much about it, it happened yesterday when I was at Glasgow Caledonian), the common room will only open when the person confesses, or if someone says who it was.

Not that it matters because I haven't even been to the common room yet, thanks to my friends, none of them want to go (You know who you are)

#54 Lynnphocite

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, theatre, guitar, music, dancing, gigging.. anything arty really.

Posted 17 September 2005 - 08:15 AM

Our common room is nice, it's cosy atleast, hoever not quite big enough for all of the 6th years so we are allowed to use the conference room, too. We're not allowed in it during free periods though, only break and lunch time sad.gif

#55 gorddyyyy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:03 AM

Our common room was trashed by the previous 6th years. It is now being refurbished into some kind of kitchen for the support base pupils?

Idk, whatever it is, it's a bad idea. :S

#56 Captain_Strat

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Music
    Guitars
    Reading
    Books
    Twilight
    Doctor Who
    Torchwood
    Labradors
    CSI
    NCIS
    The Mentalist
    Life On Mars

Posted 17 June 2009 - 06:48 PM

Our common room is too small tongue.gif We're the biggest 6th year my school has ever had, so we don't all fit in.
It stank a bit when we first moved in but it's getting better. The walls need repainted though, half are lime green and the rest are bright red sad.gif We'll be doing that soon.
We're keeping one wall though, it has been covered with blackboard paint which is kinda cool.
And we have a fridge and a toaster and a kettle. Not that I'll be eating anything made in there tongue.gif
And we also have a x-box and a wii. We even have doors into the quadrangle outside. Only staff and 6th years are allowed in there smile.gif
10th Doctor + Don Flack + Greg Sanders + Patrick Jane + Riley Poole + Gene Hunt + Abby Sciuto + Jasper Hale = General Geeky Awesomeness
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users