Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Common Rooms - HSN forum - Page 2

Common Rooms

55 replies to this topic

#21 *sofax*

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:playing the fiddle, swimming, music, the OC, Will and Grace and going out with friends. Not that there is much to do here!!

Posted 10 June 2005 - 10:00 PM

Our common room is alright! We gota tv, ps2, cd player, kettle and toaster so it passes the time!! Every1 brings in biscuits! Gona get so fat!!!
*a wee drop of heaven*

x sophie x

#22 Terrence

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:Internet.

Posted 15 June 2005 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE(echoes @ Jun 8 2005, 09:58 PM)
Oh, the 6th year common room in my school rawks like totally. It's even got cushions - oOooo..

They're Katie W's! She took them in, bless her smile.gif

(And be thankful that there's now a heater - there didn't used to be one. Brrrr! ...And also, be thankful that the windows have been re-inforced with that metal-wirey-diamonds stuff, people used to smash the windows from outside and the glass used to come flying out and land on us all sad.gif)
@

#23 wikked-dfc

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 08:13 PM

We finally got into ours. It still hasn't been painted but we don't care anymore we just went in anyway. There is still 2 microwaves, a toastie machine, a CD player and a TV but I think last years 6th years will take them back. The biggest problem is the size. The 6th year has about 65 people in it yet the common room is about half the size of a class room which is meant to hold 30 pupils, plus the comfy chairs are taking up a lot of room so the room seems even smaller! Think we may have to try and find a new place to be the common room lol!

#24 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:My interests

Posted 18 June 2005 - 12:32 PM

My 5th year common room was a complete dump. We had a stereo but it stopped working. We had a TV and that also stopped working. We temporarily had an N64 and a PSone, but no toasters or microwaves. The girls common room had 2 computers. There would have been no point for the boys to have cos it would have been destroyed within a week. I hope my 6th year common is better. My common room smells bad. F£$%&* hell it is bad

#25 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 12:21 AM

we've go too many sofas now.

#26 *sofax*

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:playing the fiddle, swimming, music, the OC, Will and Grace and going out with friends. Not that there is much to do here!!

Posted 25 June 2005 - 02:14 PM

How can you have too many of me?!! lol!! I love the common we play really fun games!! wink.gif
*a wee drop of heaven*

x sophie x

#27 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 02:44 PM

Haha, sorry sofa...I was wondering if you'd make the link!! We had a Scabby Queen Championships in our common room the other day. Honestly, we are obsessed with Scabby Queen. I missed a double period of art cos I was playing Scabby Queen. Oooooh I love that game.

P.S I hope you know what Scabby Queen is.

#28 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 25 June 2005 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE(*sofax* @ Jun 25 2005, 03:14 PM)
How can you have too many of me?!! lol!! I love the common we play really fun games!!  wink.gif

View Post

lol. A sofa-lover. rolleyes.gif tongue.gif

My common roon was OK at the start of the year, but towards the end it was a bit crappy.

Edited by ally, 25 June 2005 - 03:03 PM.

#29 *sofax*

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 02:50 PM

Everyone loves me! lol I'm just kidding incase you think im being big headed! tongue.gif
*a wee drop of heaven*

x sophie x

#30 Mikey_Pee

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 25 June 2005 - 06:32 PM

We don't have ours yet. Still to be painted, although the Year Committee were in it yesterday. Luckily I was passing ont he way to the library so I walked in too. A quarter of my year will never be in it, and another quarter will never be out of it. Means about 18 will always be in it, and 50-odd will be in there max. What a squash!

We have no toasters, kettles, TV's, etc. SOmeone brought in a CD player last year vut it got taken out by a teacher. We;re looking into buying something nice for the common room like a toaster or kettle, or even a TV and games console. God bless the Year Committee.

#31 Steven_Gerrard

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 02:38 PM

hah we dont even have a common room. We just sit in the canteen area and cards are banned due to an apparantly growing poker culture in our school sad.gif

#32 stevon

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE(Mikey_Pee @ Jun 25 2005, 06:32 PM)
We don't have ours yet. Still to be painted, although the Year Committee were in it yesterday. Luckily I was passing ont he way to the library so I walked in too. A quarter of my year will never be in it, and another quarter will never be out of it. Means about 18 will always be in it, and 50-odd will be in there max. What a squash!

We have no toasters, kettles, TV's, etc. SOmeone brought in a CD player last year vut it got taken out by a teacher. We;re looking into buying something nice for the common room like a toaster or kettle, or even a TV and games console. God bless the Year Committee.

View Post

I can't see many of our year using the common room too much, except maybe about that quarter you're referring too. Will be good to get somewhere to play cards though.

We have a coffee machine in fairness. I'm deffinately going to look into investing in a CD player, TV etc. even if I ain't got on the year commitee (the voting was obviously rigged) because you just know I'll never be leaving that place.

#33 AppleCore

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
  • Interests:Photography but first has to be Mountain Biking!

Posted 26 June 2005 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE(Steven_Gerrard @ Jun 26 2005, 03:38 PM)
hah we dont even have a common room. We just sit in the canteen area and cards are banned due to an apparantly growing poker culture in our school sad.gif

View Post

really??? we used to play poker with tea bags, but that wasnt seen gambling!

#34 Steven_Gerrard

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 11:15 PM

Yup, i think a lot of people still play it though and whenever a teacher walks past they hide the evidence.

#35 cc100

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 07:09 PM

Our common room is officially finished! A group of us have been going in over the holidays to decorate it and now it's done! It's red, white and black with a black and white sofa, a cream 3 seater, 2 seater and chair, a green sofa (doesn't match anything!) and lots of random chairs with red upholstering. We have 3 CD players, (lolol!) a TV, a fan and a fridge. [EDIT: and a kettle and microwave too!] It rawks!
We christened it today by having a wee soirée! Ordered in Pizza Hut "Full Works" meal deals and ate rather a lot!
"...You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I'll rise....
Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise."

**Maya Angelou**

Si tu le fais, le fais bien ou ne le fais pas.

Against terrorism and in favour of peace.
Contra el terrorismo y a favor de la paz.

An eye for an eye will turn the world blind.
Ojo por ojo y el mundo acabar ciego.
~Gandhi~

#36 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 19 August 2005 - 02:21 PM

We aren't getting one now. sad.gif Our headteacher is an arse. dry.gif mad.gif
Check Out My Space! - www.myspace.com

Aberdeen University - French and International Relations - September 06'

IPB Image

#37 AppleCore

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE(djh1878 @ Aug 19 2005, 03:21 PM)
We aren't getting one now. sad.gif  Our headteacher is an arse.  dry.gif  mad.gif

View Post

any reason why???

#38 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 19 August 2005 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE(itsmereally @ Aug 19 2005, 06:46 PM)
any reason why???

View Post

They, *ahem*, don't have anywhere to put us...apparently. When at least 2 rooms are forever unused. dry.gif mad.gif
Check Out My Space! - www.myspace.com

Aberdeen University - French and International Relations - September 06'

IPB Image

#39 dehny

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE(djh1878 @ Aug 19 2005, 02:21 PM)
We aren't getting one now. sad.gif  Our headteacher is an arse.  dry.gif  mad.gif

View Post

we're not getting one either, headteachers alright but teachers want a room to smoke in, dont matter that they burned it down last year or that you cant smoke in fife council buildings theyve still got it
My profile

1. Deutschland, Deutschland ber alles,
ber alles in der Welt,
Wenn es stets zu Schutz und Trutze
Brderlich zusammenhlt,
Von der Maas bis an die Memel,
Von der Etsch bis an den Belt -
Deutschland, Deutschland ber alles,
ber alles in der Welt.

#40 AppleCore

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 10:41 AM

QUOTE(dehny @ Aug 19 2005, 10:37 PM)
QUOTE(djh1878 @ Aug 19 2005, 02:21 PM)

View Post

we're not getting one either, headteachers alright but teachers want a room to smoke in, dont matter that they burned it down last year or that you cant smoke in fife council buildings theyve still got it

View Post

WHAT????.. ur teachers get a smokers room and thats why u dont get a common room?? seriously .. take that to the press.. they'll help u make a really big issue out of it!!!! rolleyes.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users