Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Old School Cartoons - HSN forum

Old School Cartoons

23 replies to this topic

#1 LCaesar

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Playing guitar, watching Scrubs, and making little shapes out of bluetac (I made a Rolling Stones style mouth the other day...it was cool at the time!). <br />I've been obsessed with Green Day for ages, you can't have too much of a good thing.

Posted 05 June 2005 - 12:22 AM

Do you remember Sharky and George? They were great! I can't recall most of the cartoons I used to watch but I know I was terrified of the Moomins ohmy.gif what were they, hippos? I think we had it better when we were young than they do nowadays, what with Blue's Clues and all that bunkum

is bunkum a word?
Don't talk. Mime is money.IPB Image

#2 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:My interests

Posted 05 June 2005 - 12:36 AM

I vaguely remember Sharky and George! Does anyone remember the Snorks? It was similar to the Smurfs but much better because it was underwater and the people had snorkles on their heads. Oh yeah, I can also remember the Teeneage Mutant Hero Turtles ("turtles in a half shell, turtle power!") and of course Duck Tales ("Duck tales whouooo"....) there was Uncle Scrooge who had his huge money vault pit.

Oh the memories....

#3 AmAnDa

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Interests:Gymnastics, watching TV, listening to music, shopping

Posted 05 June 2005 - 09:04 AM

QUOTE(LCaesar @ Jun 5 2005, 01:22 AM)
Do you remember Sharky and George? They were great! I can't recall most of the cartoons I used to watch but I know I was terrified of the Moomins ohmy.gif what were they, hippos? I think we had it better when we were young than they do nowadays, what with Blue's Clues and all that bunkum

is bunkum a word?

View Post

I don't remember Sharky and George. But I do remember the Moomins - THey were great! lol laugh.gif vagly remember Blues Clues - well I remember the name, but thats about it! lol

user posted image
(`'.(`'. .').')
x..*...x....Amanda loves Craig....x...*..x
(.'(.' `'.)`'.)

#4 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 05 June 2005 - 11:12 AM

Am i the only on that still watches these shows?

#5 JiLL

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 11:16 AM

lol these r not rly cartoons but does anyone remember Rosie and Jim? and Sooty&Sweep?

They were my favourite TV shows when i was a wee girl! lol. amazing! but don't think they r on Tv anymore! smile.gif stuart.gif
beast

#6 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 05 June 2005 - 11:18 AM

QUOTE(JiLL @ Jun 5 2005, 12:16 PM)
lol these r not rly cartoons but does anyone remember Rosie and Jim? and Sooty&Sweep?

They were my favourite TV shows when i was a wee girl! lol. amazing! but don't think they r on Tv anymore! smile.gif  stuart.gif

View Post

Rosie and Jim is, as i was watchin it a couple of days ago. Don't know what channel, day or time though.

#7 JiLL

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 11:19 AM

omg i can't believe its still around!they are so cute on their wee train! lol laugh.gif
beast

#8 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 12:15 PM

I can only remember Sharky and George slightly!

I loved Captain Planet!

I also used to watch this program, however cannot remember the name. It was about these people with small pyramids and each pyramid gave you different powers. I think there were three all in and if you combined them you got millions of power! Lol. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

#9 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 05 June 2005 - 01:26 PM

QUOTE(JiLL @ Jun 5 2005, 12:19 PM)
omg i can't believe its still around!they are so cute on their wee train! lol laugh.gif

View Post

I thought Rosie & Jim were on a barge in a canal? =/ I used to watch the show as a wee boy, myself. laugh.gif

#10 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 05 June 2005 - 01:27 PM

lol! I'm sure they were on a canal barge! laugh.gif
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#11 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 01:36 PM

They were laugh.gif! Me and a friend are very much fans of theirs, especially duck!

user posted image

You should all have a look at their website.
The innuendos ohmy.gif laugh.gif!

#12 JiLL

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE(Wedge37 @ Jun 5 2005, 02:26 PM)
QUOTE(JiLL @ Jun 5 2005, 12:19 PM)

View Post

I thought Rosie & Jim were on a barge in a canal? =/ I used to watch the show as a wee boy, myself. laugh.gif

View Post

o yeh it was a barge right enough! sorry-it was so long ago that i watched it! lol smile.gif
beast

#13 Floorball Maniac

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 03:39 PM

I hardly watched TV when I was young and I hardly watch it now. Rosie & Jim is about the only thing is can just about remember.

#14 Broken Fairy Wings

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:writers: Francesca Lia Block, Elizabeth Wurtzel, Sylvia Plath, Carol Lee, JD Salinger, Jeffrey Eugenides, Virginia Woolf..<br /><br />music: Lisa Marie Presley, Michael Jackson, Katy Rose, Tori Amos, Bjork, Fiona Apple, Bruce Springsteen, David Bowie, Delirious?, Nirvana, Silverchair, Bob Dylan, Blondie, Elliott Smith, Joss Stone, Bright Eyes, Rilo Kiley, The Postal Service, Hanson, HIM, The Beach Boys, Jewel, Third Day, Kelly Osbourne, Liz Phair, Mandy Moore, Maria Mena, The Velvet Underground, Nico, Jem, KT Tunstall, Jeff Buckley, Jewel, The Clash, Jamison Parker, Kryah, Death Cab For Cutie, Melissa Etheridge, Mariah Carey, Janet Jackson, Elvis Presley, White Stripes, Speedway, Who Will Miss Mary, PJ Harvey..<br /><br />movies: White Oleander, Thirteen, Donnie Darko, Finding Neverland, Lost In Translation, Peter Pan, The Virgin Suicides, Labyrinth, Winning London, A Walk To Remember, Ghost World, The Hours, Igby Goes Down, Romeo &amp; Juliet, Don't Say A Word, Saved!, Hotel Rwanda, Dear Frankie, Song For A Raggy Boy..<br /><br />Other Stuff: fairies, glitter, snow, dancing in the rain, swimming, the beach, nature, Mary Kate &amp; Ashley, Home &amp; Away, writing, poetry, wearing fairy wings, taking photos, making icons, Evan Rachel Wood..

Posted 05 June 2005 - 03:45 PM

Oh man, Moomins. They were amazing. Remember the little tramp with the harmonica? He was the coolest.

*sighs* the good old days ;]

Peace, <3 & fairy dust
-Laura, exoh!

It’s not that I literally think I’m a faerie. It’s just that I feel so different from most people. And this idea of a race living underground in caverns, spending all their days dancing and playing the fiddle and eating flowers and reciting poetry and sharing their dreams, that to me sounds much more real than the way people live in this world, hating and fighting and wanting and hurting. - FLB

Imagine that I can't be comforted at all , in pieces I went from crawling into a ball. Evidence, it's in my breathing every day, less and less and less. Can you hear me now, cause I'm not doing fine, I'm drowning in my mind again - LisaMariePresley

#15 broxibabi

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 05:26 PM

Sharky and George crimebusters of the sea....aw they were sooo great! I loved Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles and Thudercats!!! No one ever remembers Thundercats! I also liked the Gummi Bears and Bananaman!

#16 AmAnDa

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Interests:Gymnastics, watching TV, listening to music, shopping

Posted 05 June 2005 - 05:27 PM

Does anyone remember "Top Cat" that was great too! tongue.gif

user posted image
(`'.(`'. .').')
x..*...x....Amanda loves Craig....x...*..x
(.'(.' `'.)`'.)

#17 coca

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • Interests:Programming and gaming<br /><br />http://coca-123.bebo.com

Posted 05 June 2005 - 05:29 PM

QUOTE(AmAnDa @ Jun 5 2005, 06:27 PM)
Does anyone remember "Top Cat" that was great too!  tongue.gif

View Post

laugh.gif laugh.gif Yeah! smile.gif
<MrBob> I hate Uni. At least in film studies we get to talk about Fight Club.
<@X-Factor> Wouldnt you be breaking the first 2 rules?

#18 D_n_y

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Interests:erm just the usual mince...

Posted 05 June 2005 - 07:13 PM

Does anyone remember Rainbow! That was a great programme, looking back it also had a slightly dodgy script (Rainbow Clip)....then again that might just be me unsure.gif

user posted image
msn: I_dont_want_ur_junk@hotmail.com
MDunn

#19 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 05 June 2005 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE(D_n_y @ Jun 5 2005, 08:13 PM)
(Rainbow Clip)....then again that might just be me unsure.gif

View Post

A classic. biggrin.gif
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#20 D_n_y

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • Interests:erm just the usual mince...

Posted 05 June 2005 - 07:28 PM

A few quotes from the script....
The sketch opens with Zippy peeling a banana...

Zippy: "One skin, two skin, three skin, four.... "

George: "Zippy, where is Bungle?"

We see a view of the door and hear Bungle moaning from behind it.

Bungle: "Geoffrey, I can't get it in"

Geoffrey: "You managed it last night"

Bungle: "I know, let's try it round the other way around. Ooooooh, I've got it in"

Bungle and Geoffrey enter the studio with Bungle carrying a hammer and peg kit

Geoffrey (to camera) " Hello everyone, today we are talking about playing"

Bungle: "Playing with each other, Geoffrey?"

Geoffrey: "Yes Bungle, do you have a special friend that you like to play with?"

George: "Yesterday we played with our balls.

Are we going to play with our friend's balls today?"

Bungle: "Yes, and we can play with our twangers as well."

Geoffrey (to camera): Have you seen Bungles twanger?

Zippy: "Oh I have, I showed him how to pluck with it."

Bungle: "It's my plucking instrument."

Geoffrey asks the audience if they can pluck like Bungle

Zippy: "I can, I'm the best plucker here."

George: "And I'm good at banging. My peg's hard isn't it Zippy?"

Zippy: "Well of course it is, Your peg wouldn't go in if it was soft."

Singers Rod, Roger and Jane enter.

Rod: "We could hear you all banging away."

Roger: "Banging can be fun."

Jane: "Ooooh yes, and I was banging away all last night with Rod and Roger."

Roger (looking sad): "Yes, but it broke my plucking instrument."

Geoffrey: "Never mind Roger, let sing the plucking song, come on

everybody get your instruments out."

Rod (to Jane): "Do you want to blow on my pipe while I'm twanging away?"

Jane: "Oh no Rod, I was blowing a lot with Roger last night. But would you

like to play with my maracas?"

Zippy: "No, let's just pluck away with our twangers."

Bungle: "Yes, it doesn't matter what size your twanger is."

Zippy: "I've got a big red one."

George: "I've only got a tiny twanger. But it works well and I like to play with it."

eoffrey (to viewers): "Well, have you got your twangers out? And remember,

you can bounce your balls at the same time. If you haven't got any balls,

ask a friend if you can play with his. Now, let's all sing the plucking song."

rolleyes.gif

msn: I_dont_want_ur_junk@hotmail.com
MDunn

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users