Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Prefects - HSN forum - Page 3

Prefects

117 replies to this topic

#41 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 08:29 PM

well sharon, keep up the good work! rolleyes.gif

#42 dehny

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE(nathanm @ Feb 2 2006, 08:29 PM)
well sharon, keep up the good work! rolleyes.gif

View Post

i think Head boys doing the most work, is a national trend
My profile

1. Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt,
Wenn es stets zu Schutz und Trutze
Brüderlich zusammenhält,
Von der Maas bis an die Memel,
Von der Etsch bis an den Belt -
Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt.

#43 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 02 February 2006 - 09:46 PM

our head boy and girl do nothing

#44 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 11:06 PM

^^^
ditto....i barely even know who they are...last years PMT was much more active in my opinion smile.gif

#45 *HeadGirl*

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 03 February 2006 - 02:25 PM

not at this school! Head boys dont do anything! depute head boy is much more active within organising and everything is basically up to me!
i dont mind really- all the credit at the end of the day is gonna go to me, everyone knows he does nothing, tee hee. tongue.gif

I think the duties should be shared between both of them and if that happens within other schools then right on! but it will neva happen in this school in a million years. *sniff*

#46 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 04:40 PM

/

#47 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 03:31 PM

I'm a 5th year prefect. We have to work at my school. Junior pupils have to be kept out of the school building at lunch time and so we guard all entrances to the school. It's not too bad most of the time but the outside ones are nasty. And then theres junior cafe.

Junior cafe is horrible. I was on it for 2 terms because I'm in band. Break time in cafe was aweful. I would come out with footprints on my feet because the cafe is too small so people have to line up outside. We have to hold them back, it's horrible. And they would swear and call you stupid and there isn't anything you could do because there was so many people in the doorway you can't tell who it is and if you move they'll get past you. They pushed someone over once and they wouldn't stop coming and I had to hold them back so they didn't step on him.

The head girl let us off it this term because the cafe mafia would have quit if we were made to continue. On the bright side it is a lot harder to stress me out now.
I miss having free lunchtimes.

#48 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Interests:mm.... to lazy to say

if your really interested you can just ask!

(and the womb bit works in the forums where it says "from" but not here duh just makes me sound.. well... weird!)

Posted 26 March 2006 - 05:19 PM

i am a 6th year prefect and i do bugger all. i do peer support and stuff but i wouldn;t link that to prefect duties. all u have to do in my school is a speech in front of the school. which is done and dusted.

i had to write an acceptance letter. wrote perfect instead of prefect opps laugh.gif

anyway yeah i don;t see it as anything more than a CV booster. Everything i do i would do regardless.

#49 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 26 March 2006 - 10:58 PM

I'm not a prefect, but i think i'll add it to my CV anyway tongue.gif

#50 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 06:32 PM

*Grumps* Lazy sods. I'm working for that word on my CV. Giving up half of every lunch time and almost every break. Being split up from my other prefect friends. Suffering. My poor fingers swole up everyday last week from the lock on the door I was gaurding.
I wouldn't change it though. Quite enjoy complaining. XD
Anyway we get a trip. Not entirely sure where but it's probably bowling and ice-scating.

#51 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 06:42 PM

all sixth years in oban have prefect training in June...im really looking forward to it cause we're not in school for two days biggrin.gif

#52 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 06:53 PM

That sounds good. We had a leadership thingy in September for all the 5th/6th year prefects. It was pretty crap. The 15minute briefing after we were picked (during break time) was a lot more useful, we're allowed to use "reasonable force". Hehe.
Haven't tried it though, might end up hitting them.

#53 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Interests:mm.... to lazy to say

if your really interested you can just ask!

(and the womb bit works in the forums where it says "from" but not here duh just makes me sound.. well... weird!)

Posted 27 March 2006 - 06:57 PM

Training Day!! ohmy.gif

Prefect Training Day!!! what the fudge....

#54 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE(PK Barackis @ Mar 27 2006, 07:57 PM) View Post

Training Day!! ohmy.gif

tongue.gif 2 days actually, but that's irrelevant...i think its so they can judge who would be best suited to each yeargroup unsure.gif

#55 ice_illusion

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE(nathanm @ Mar 27 2006, 08:02 PM) View Post

QUOTE(PK Barackis @ Mar 27 2006, 07:57 PM) View Post

Training Day!! ohmy.gif

tongue.gif 2 days actually, but that's irrelevant...i think its so they can judge who would be best suited to each yeargroup unsure.gif

Best suited to each yeargroup? What do your prefects do?

#56 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 08:18 PM

mollycodle them perhaps?

#57 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 05:53 PM

pretty much...each class from S1 to S3 has two prefects (a boy and a girl) and the prefects are meant to go to reg and psed with them

#58 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 02:21 PM

/

#59 Nathan

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 02:55 PM

sounds like fun....i would probably be sporting the same face as you if i actually knew where it was though

#60 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 03:59 PM

Linlithgow. About 5 miles from here!!

Get to do rafting and rock climbing and stuff.

Everyone else in my year has been there in primary school adn first adn second year. I didnt live hear then so I'm like the only one whose never been wink.gif

Should be fun...I just wish we were going a bit further away!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users