Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
HIGHER PSYCHOLOGY EXAM - HSN forum

HIGHER PSYCHOLOGY EXAM

8 replies to this topic

#1 Ross

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 09:15 AM

Well guys, not long until the exam. <3 hours. Once the exams over, discuss answers, questions and moans and groans about the paper here. I'll be happy to join in im sure ohmy.gif)

#2 coolncleo

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:HAVING FUN

Posted 02 June 2005 - 02:36 PM

Well its over!!!! howd it go?????? am totally not sure mixed feelings???
Anyone do C5, wanna enlighten me on what ya got for it??

#3 Ross

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 03:04 PM

C5 was a bad question. I used genetics for part A

and used the DSM for part B which iv now heard was wrong! I also wrote about when psychologists faked being mentally ill and how easy it was to be diagnosed with something they didn't have.

Section 1 was FINE! section 2 and C3 + c5 were HELL

#4 coolncleo

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE(Ross @ Jun 2 2005, 03:04 PM)
C5 was a bad question.  I used genetics for part A

and used the DSM for part B which iv now heard was wrong! I also wrote about when psychologists faked being mentally ill and how easy it was to be diagnosed with something they didn't have.

Section 1 was FINE! section 2 and C3 + c5 were HELL

View Post

yeh i did genetics for 1st part, and exactly same for second part as u used DSM and ICD, the other 3 who sat the exam wrote abot the different definitions, but i read classification of atypical behaviour n thought DSM and ICD, but am gonna speak to my teacher, will see her on sunday, i had to get her a paper because we do it at the near by college and she wont see the paper till christmas time!! laugh.gif

#5 Ross

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 03:12 PM

Yeh I do mine at college too but get taught my a lecturer there. I just think for 14 marks it was an awful question. oh well!

#6 coolncleo

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 03:16 PM

mmmm well i dunno.... i thought it was quite weird actually alot of questions asked for ONE thing, they usually ask for TWO!!
wot did u get for the features of a good sample - the one for 3 marks, we thought it was quite alot for that, but wrote every pair of target population had an equal chance of being chossen

#7 Ross

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 03:32 PM

I didnt know what to put for that, i just put that the people selected matched the target they were looking for. Wide age spread, and people who will give a variety of answers to find out the general trend in what you are looking for.

#8 alli

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 05:31 PM

For the Good Sample question you had to write that It was Representative, The Target Population and you had to say also that you had to be able to come to a Generalistion about the experiment. Did everyone say it was postive correlation?? What did you say about the weakness of a questionaire and what about the ethics? Did anyone do Intelligence??? I thought the paper was not bad! i didnt do those questions yous are talkin about - i did anti social behaviour which was a gr8 question and i did intelligence in Section C. I have to agree attachment and stress were good questions!

Alli xx smile.gif Exams are over now! Woo Hoo!! So happy!!!

#9 xpurple_starsx

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm in second year at Glasgow Yewnee studying Biology Type Things... haven't decided on my actual degree subject yet... someone wanna choose for me??

Posted 02 June 2005 - 05:39 PM

For the research methods questions I put it was positive correlation and rambled on about it for a while. I really didn't know what to put for the was it ethical question! Anyone have any ideas?

Stress and Attachment were good for me but the atypical behaviour was hard! I wrote about schizophrenia from the medical/biological point of view and then rambled on about Rosenhan for the second question. I found that unfair that it was 14 marks on a question that didn't seem very clear at all. All in all, it was pretty good.
The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users