Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Bizzare childhood beliefs - HSN forum

Bizzare childhood beliefs

21 replies to this topic

#1 sai

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 07:46 PM

i just came across a site dedicated to what people used to believe when they were kids

i cant remember many of mine but do remember that i thought each country was on a different planet and you needed a rocket to get there.... yeh i know its crazy

i know that my mate used to believe that tiny spiders with sponges on their feet lived and cleaned dishes in dishwashers! biggrin.gif

just want to know what everyone else believed....

#2 coca

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts
  • Interests:Programming and gaming<br /><br />http://coca-123.bebo.com

Posted 01 June 2005 - 07:48 PM

I used to think that if you were in a lane with someone approaching in front of you, you *had* to say "hello" to them, and I usually did. laugh.gif laugh.gif

<MrBob> I hate Uni. At least in film studies we get to talk about Fight Club.
<@X-Factor> Wouldnt you be breaking the first 2 rules?

#3 AppleCore

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
  • Interests:Photography but first has to be Mountain Biking!

Posted 01 June 2005 - 08:56 PM

jese, the amount of penies i wasted when i was a kid!, i always believed id be the first person ever to grow money!!!!

i never succeeded ohmy.gif

#4 Floorball Maniac

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 09:17 PM

I believed people were born clowns!!

I also thought that dandruff was a kind of shampoo!!

#5 ermd

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE(pseudotoxic @ Jun 1 2005, 07:48 PM)
I used to think that if you were in a lane with someone approaching in front of you, you *had* to say "hello" to them,  and I usually did. laugh.gif laugh.gif

View Post

Always the polite one, eh Gavin? biggrin.gif

#6 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 11:13 PM

i used to believe that if you went on a bus or a car the world around would move but the bus would stay still like a conveyer belt or something .lol

And i belived that women had girl babies and men had boy babies-i didnt know about beer belies then .lol laugh.gif

I also had a friend who belived that babies came out of belly buttons and then the doctor blew them up to the right size

I actually had far too many strange beleifs when i was little to be writing in one night lol biggrin.gif

#7 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 11:28 PM

I used to believe that when I turned the television off, i.e. to go to school, when I'd come home the exact same program would be on exactly when I switch it off (i.e. like the TV was paused or something when I turned it off and it would play from where I last saw it when I put it back on).

#8 superstar

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 08:54 AM

This is gona make me look bonkers, but well maybee i am!

Wen i was little and crossing the road at the traffic lights my mum used to always say "look for the green man" and i actually thot that there was a man with a green boliersuit on that would tell you wen you could cross!! .....I did never see him however??

#9 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:My interests

Posted 02 June 2005 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE(Floorball Maniac @ Jun 1 2005, 10:17 PM)
I believed people were born clowns!!

I also thought that dandruff was a kind of shampoo!!

View Post

I also kind of thought that! (well, not the clowns bit)

I also thought alcohol was a kind of medicine (I got confused with antibiotics).

Edited by YIC, 02 June 2005 - 01:54 PM.

#10 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 02:58 PM

My dad used to tell me that he had a pink and yellow suit (it was the time of Blobby). He said that only people with glasses could see it. I used to go into his wardrobe with my mum's sunglasses on and look for it everywhere - I never found it. sad.gif

Then my sister got glasses. All of a sudden dad started saying it was only special people with glasses who could see the pink and yellow suit. edit: which is a bit sad on my sister. unsure.gif

#11 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 02 June 2005 - 03:23 PM

laugh.gif

I can't remember what I used to believe in before. tongue.gif I got a crap memory of old beliefs. Oh yeah, I used to believe in something called "Santa Claus" and the "Tooth Fairy". laugh.gif

#12 Floorball Maniac

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE(Wedge37 @ Jun 2 2005, 04:23 PM)
laugh.gif

I can't remember what I used to believe in before. tongue.gif I got a crap memory of old beliefs. Oh yeah, I used to believe in something called "Santa Claus" and the "Tooth Fairy". laugh.gif

View Post

You mean they are not true? sad.gif

We all believed at some point!

#13 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE(Floorball Maniac @ Jun 2 2005, 04:27 PM)
QUOTE(Wedge37 @ Jun 2 2005, 04:23 PM)
laugh.gif

View Post

You mean they are not true? sad.gif

We all believed at some point!

View Post

ohmy.gif ....not true???....not true....... crying.gif

#14 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 03:46 PM

Oh and I also used to believe that there were tiny men inside lamp posts who switched them on at night when it got dark!

#15 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 06:17 PM

I remember I used to think the people on the TV lived inside the TV.
Mark

#16 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 06:19 PM

I used to think teachers lived in school.

And I remeber eating a cherry once and accidentally swallowing the stone and my dad told me that a cherry tree would grow out of my bum. I had hysterics and believed it for years.

#17 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE(Lindsay @ Jun 2 2005, 06:19 PM)
I used to think teachers lived in school.

And I remeber eating a cherry once and accidentally swallowing the stone and my dad told me that a cherry tree would grow out of my bum.  I had hysterics and believed it for years.

View Post

Lol. I think I used to think teachers lived in school too! rolleyes.gif

I remember my mum telling me, if I didn't go to the dentist, the dentist would come up and get me and take me to the dentist. blink.gif Why do parents say things like that and the cherry thing? rolleyes.gif
Mark

#18 LCaesar

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Playing guitar, watching Scrubs, and making little shapes out of bluetac (I made a Rolling Stones style mouth the other day...it was cool at the time!). <br />I've been obsessed with Green Day for ages, you can't have too much of a good thing.

Posted 02 June 2005 - 06:22 PM

I used to think this bear lived on my Nana's stairs...
Don't talk. Mime is money.IPB Image

#19 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE(sparky @ Jun 2 2005, 06:22 PM)
Lol. I think I used to think teachers lived in school too!  rolleyes.gif

I remember my mum telling me, if I didn't go to the dentist, the dentist would come up and get me and take me to the dentist.  blink.gif Why do parents say things like that and the cherry thing?  rolleyes.gif

View Post

They are all evil, evil people Mark. I won't tell my children lies. Apart from Santa, Tooth Fairy etc.

#20 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 06:33 PM

Do you remember at primary school, the room under the school where the bins were? We used to think some monster/psycho lived there?
Mark

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users