Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
TV Picks - HSN forum - Page 2

TV Picks

75 replies to this topic

#21 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 22 July 2005 - 03:40 PM

6 PM - BBC2 - Athletics
Live coverage of the London Grand Prix Athletics at Crystal Palace. Continues on BBC1 at 7:00pm and back on BBC2 at 8:00pm. BBC2 timetable for this slot is as follows:
Women's 100m hurdles(6.07)
Men's triple jump (6.13)
Men's 100m heats (6.19)
Women's pole vault (6.25)
Men's 800m heats(6.43)
Men's 1500m (6.53
Men's shot (8.00)
Men's 400m(8.10)
Women's 400m (8.20)
Men's 200m (8.30)
Men's 5,000m (8.40)

6 PM - Channel 4 - The Simpsons
Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?

Homer traces his long-lost half-brother and proceeds to reduce him from riches to rags by trying to help his car business. With the voice of Danny DeVito.

9 PM - BBC1 - Titanic
Epic, multi-Oscar-winning romantic drama about a poor Irish artist and a rich debutante who meet and fall in love on the famously ill-fated maiden voyage of the `unsinkable' RMS Titanic in 1912. Despite her engagement to the heir to a steel fortune, the vibrant young woman defies her family and friends to pursue true love. Soon, the pair are caught up in a passion that is as all-consuming as it is doomed.

10 PM - BBC2 - Still Game
1/6 - Kill Wullie

Cardigans, custard creams, chronic constipation.... the world of Glasgow pensioners Victor (Greg Hemphill) and Jack (Ford Kiernan) may not boast the scope of other sitcom double acts, but their philosophy is unhampered by the limitations of their frankly rubbish existence. In the first episode of the latest series of this forthright comedy, the high-rise-dwelling grumblers find themselves bedazzled by the local greasy spoon's glamorous new waitress, a situation that leads to ruminations on everything from the NHS to Judy Finnigan.

11:35 PM - BBC2 - T in the Park
Highlights from the T in the Park music festival. Edith Bowman and Dougie Anderson introduce rock, rap, dance, dub and more from T In The Park featuring performances from new Scottish starlet KT Tunstall, Kasabian and The Prodigy.

11:35 PM - Channel 4 - Desperate Housewives
Ah, But Underneath

American comedy drama series which focuses on the successes and disappointments of a group of suburban housewives, their friends and their families. Ex-model Gabrielle goes to great lengths to hide her affair with John the gardener but nearly gets caught out by her husband, Carlos, who arrives home early.

12:05 AM - Scottish - Summer of Sam
Full marks to Spike Lee for tackling a movie where all the main characters are white, in this case Italian-American. The year is 1977, and New York is being terrorised by David Berkowitz, the serial killer dubbed "Son of Sam". However, the focus here is on the troubled marriage of John Leguizamo and Mira Sorvino, and the rather seedy life of fledgeling punk rocker and part-time male hooker, Adrien Brody. The main problem is that the characters are largely caricatures. Not only are they a pretty dislikeable bunch; they also look as if they have wandered in from a second-rate version of GoodFellas. On the plus side, the scenes involving Berkowitz are disturbingly creepy, while Lee successfully evokes the seedy side of the late 1970s, thanks chiefly to the fantastic soundtrack.
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#22 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 22 July 2005 - 08:09 PM

Bred you forgot to mention Scrubs and CSI!

#23 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 08:10 PM

is scrubs and csi on tonight???

#24 Paul

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts
  • Interests:was at Glasgow Uni Studying Maths, Physics and Geography for a year but got bored of it and decided to go to Strathclyde and do Maths with Teaching, currently enjoying my summer holidays before starting 2nd year in september!<br /><br />grades achieved at school were:<br /><br />SG Maths - 1<br />SG Physics - 1<br />SG Graphics - 1<br />SG Admin - 1<br />SG German - 2<br />SG Geography - 2<br />SG English - 2<br />SG Art - 2<br />H Maths - B<br />H Physics - B<br />H English - B<br />H Art - A<br />H Accounts - A<br />H Admin - A<br />AH Maths - A<br />AH Art - C<br /><br />Music...wot would I do without it!? Kaiser Chiefs, Killers, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Hard-Fi, Greenday, Stereophonics, Oasis, Kasabian, Raconteurs, Dirty Pretty Things, Libertines... I could go on all day!<br /><br />Moderator for HSN so don't hesitate to get in touch!

Posted 22 July 2005 - 08:21 PM

What bout BB? i wouldnt say I am a massive fan, hence i am typing at this moment rather than watchin it...but it is a highlight since its an eviction nite and a lot of peeps do watch it!
Rockness 2008!
T in the Park 2008!
YAS!

#25 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 08:23 PM

yes but maybe hes trying to keep to good tv programs instead lol

#26 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 22 July 2005 - 08:31 PM

dondon, well done, Big Brother is, well, crap!

#27 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 08:38 PM

yes, uhuh i was just trying to think of a nice way to say that lol

#28 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 23 July 2005 - 12:34 PM

5:15 PM - ITV2 - Manchester United on Tour
Manchester United v Hong Kong

Angus Scott presents complete coverage of the first match of Manchester United's Asian tour as they take on Hong Kong.

6:50 PM - Five - Live Football: Olympiakos v Liverpool
Live coverage of European champions Liverpool's friendly clash with Greek side Olympiakos. The Reds are between first round Champions League Qualifying Matches and take the opportunity tonight to build their match practice with a test against the German Bundesliga club side Bayer Leverkusen in the Austrian Reichshof Stadium. John Barnes is your host with commentary from John Helm. Kick-off is at 7 PM BST.

7:10 PM - Channel 4 - The Great Nazi Cash Swindle
Documentary looking at Operation Bernhard, a huge currency forgery project masterminded by the Nazis to undermine the British war effort. The plan was to flood Britain with counterfeit currency - worth over 3 billion pounds in today's money - and destabilise the UK economy by causing huge inflation. Jewish prisoners made the fake notes and, in this programme, four of them talk about their enforced collaboration with the Nazis.

8:10 PM - Channel 4 - Hitler's Children
1/5 - Seduction

This is the disturbing tale of how Hitler brought an entire generation of German children under his control. Via organisations such as the Hitler Youth he set out to order every aspect of children's lives, teaching them to dedicate their lives to himself and the Third Reich. It's an unpalatable piece of history, particularly when we see how, even at kindergarten age, children's picture books included racial propaganda in the form of graphic images of a Jew as "the poisonous toadstool".

8:10 PM - BBC2 - Journey's from the Centre of the Earth
3/6 - Art

There are quite a few "well I never" moments in Dr Iain Stewart's geology lesson tonight. For instance, I never knew that the Ancient Egyptians regarded life as a constant battle against a descent back into chaos (rings a bell, doesn't it?). Or that prehistoric cave painters may have painted animals so lovingly because they thought a good likeness would help them hunt. Tonight's theme is how the colours that fill European art were ground from minerals in the Earth's crust. It's a kind of rock family tree, with real rocks, and a potentially fascinating subject.

9:10 PM - BBC2 Scotland - Meet Joe Black
It's easy to wake up every day and see what is wrong with your life. Everyone has their vices and their shortcomings. Whether you are a billionaire with a perfect spouse, a cottage, a beach house, nice cars and wonderful parents or if you are a single parent struggling to get by on measly paycheck, we can all find something that is wrong with life. Such is human nature. But what can we do to remedy that situation. What can we do to try and ensure that our life gets better? Meet Joe Black is a movie that asks us to look at ourselves and realize that this life is a gift and one that perhaps is taken for granted a little too much. Meet Joe Black asks us to ask ourselves: is it really all that bad?
Brad Pitt stars as the Grim Reaper in this remake of the 1930s classic Death Takes a Holiday, giving ailing media magnate Anthony Hopkins an offer he can't refuse - extra life, provided Death can spend a few days living among mortals. However, no one is more startled by Pitt's arrival than Hopkins's beautiful daughter (Claire Forlani), because Death (who adopts the pseudonym "Joe Black") has taken over the body of the handsome stranger she met earlier in a coffee shop. Martin Brest's weepie is nicely played but overlong - especially considering the original zipped by in under 80 minutes.

10:05 PM - Channel 4 - Van Wilder: Party Liason
A lacklustre teen comedy or a hilariously funny flick? You decide.
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#29 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 04:05 PM

I need to stop going out on fridays, I can't believe how much I've missed!
Half ideas,half quality, half a million pound law suit!

#30 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 10:07 AM

3 PM - ITV2 - Tour de France Live
Coverage of the final stage, 144km from Corbeil-Essonnes to the Champs-Elysees in Paris. Presented by Gary Imlach, commentary by Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwen, analysis from Chris Boardman and reports from Ned Boulting.

7 PM - BBC2 - Top of the Pops
This week's best-selling singles, featuring live performances and pre-chart exclusives.

9 PM - BBC2 - Coast
2/13 - Exmouth to Bristol

The second leg of the series is timely at a point in the year when holidaymakers are flocking to Devon and Cornwall. The episode explores the 384 miles of beaches, coves and headlands around the south-west peninsula, from Bristol to the tip of Land's End. It's a famously storm-swept landscape, littered with wrecks and even the odd vanished village. Alice Roberts discovers, for instance, how greed led to the village of Hallsands in Devon being washed into the sea. Meanwhile, Nicholas Crane learns about the slave trade in Plymouth, and Miranda Krestovnikoff goes in search of the UK's only native shark, the porbeagle.

10:15 PM - BBC1 - Panorama
Britain's Heroin Fix

Jane Corbin investigates how Britain is losing its opium war, both on the streets and in Afghanistan where 90 per cent of illegal UK heroin is produced. Three years ago, after the fall of the Taliban, the British government took charge of driving out the drug barons, but since then the Afghan opium poppy harvest has reached record levels.

10:30 PM - BBC2 - Hearts in Atlantis
When the adult Bobby Garfield (David Morse, "The Green Mile") learns of a childhood friend's death, he returns to his dilapidated hometown to attend the funeral. Once there, the sights and smells of his boyhood come roaring back and his mind carries him to the 1960s when a mysterious stranger named Ted Brautigan (Anthony Hopkins) came into town to stay.
A warm soul with a shady past, Brautigan moves into the upstairs apartment over Bobby and his neglectful mother Elizabeth (Hope Davis). Striking up an instant friendship with Bobby, Brautigan also strikes a deal: for a dollar a week the young boy must read the paper to the aging stranger, and must also be on the lookout for the "lowmen" who are after Brautigan for his supernatural psychic powers. When these powers are revealed to Bobby, his volatile feelings for Ted are tested, and he must help protect Brautigan from danger of the lowmen, and his uncaring mother.
Taking on a tone similar to the last tempered King adaptation, "The Green Mile," "Hearts In Atlantis" braids a mystical spell mixing elements of the supernatural with the very real plights of neglectful parenting, first love and the loss of those close to us. "Hearts In Atlantis" is a tender film sharply steered by "Shine" director Scott Hicks with mild restraint and loads of attention to character detail. The film has a great big heart that beats readily, yet it also features a decidedly unsettling tone as Brautigan's powers are realized more and more as the story flows forward.

#31 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 04:40 PM

Bart's Dog Gets an F

Santa's Little Helper's destructive habits have Homer at the end of his tether, so Bart must try training the careless canine.

7:15 PM - Five - Dangerman Adventures
The Fiery Pit

Documentary series following extreme adventure cameraman Geoff Mackley as he journeys to the planet's most inhospitable places. Geoff faces his most dangerous challenge yet as, protected by armed guards, he travels to one of the hottest places on earth deep in the heart of Ethiopia in order to abseil down inside an active volcano to film the boiling lava close up.

8 PM - Channel 4 - Dispatches
Chechnya: The Dirty War

Following last week's Dispatches on the Beslan school siege, reporters Mariusz Pilis and Marcin Mamon travel to neighbouring Chechnya, one of the most dangerous places on earth, to report on what life is like after more than a decade of Chechen terrorism and Russian repression.

9 PM - BBC2 - The New al-Qaeda
1/3

Reporter Peter Taylor lays his cards on the table straight away when he takes a thinly veiled dig at documentary maker Adam Curtis and his trilogy The Power of Nightmares. Taylor says he has never believed that al-Qaeda is "a nightmare dreamt up by politicians to hold the electorate in their thrall", the central theme of Curtis's films. In this new series, effectively started with a Panorama special after the London bombings of 7 July, Taylor tracks the changing nature of al-Qaeda with the growth of "internet terrorism" and the apparent ease with which inflammatory material, including downloaded videos of beheadings and suicide bombings, is disseminated on the worldwide web. He talks to a webmaster based in Britain, who has no compunction about the violent nature of the material that routinely appears on his site, and to various experts. It's as stark and as chilling as you could possibly expect.

9 PM - Channel 4 - Escape to the Legion
4/4

Last in a four-part series investigating life in the French Foreign Legion. Adventurer and explorer Bear Grylls undergoes a month's brutal training in the Sahara desert with 11 other volunteers. In order to pass with honour, the six remaining volunteers must survive two days of training in the middle of the desert, an 8km run in full combat gear and an epic 40km march to the sea.

10:35 PM - BBC1 - Jack Dee Live at the Apollo
Jack Dee presents a comedy series from the Apollo theatre in London. Jack gives a solo performance in front of a star-studded audience. His set takes in trouble with builders, the fear of burglars, his ancient Aunt Binkie and his utter hatred of having people to stay.

#32 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 25 July 2005 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE(bred @ Jul 25 2005, 05:40 PM)
9 PM - Channel 4 - Escape to the Legion
4/4

Last in a four-part series investigating life in the French Foreign Legion. Adventurer and explorer Bear Grylls undergoes a month's brutal training in the Sahara desert with 11 other volunteers. In order to pass with honour, the six remaining volunteers must survive two days of training in the middle of the desert, an 8km run in full combat gear and an epic 40km march to the sea.

I've been watching that series, really enjoyed it. Why people volunteered to join up i'll never get. Looked like complete and utter hell to me. Typically i missed the last in the series though.

Bad lads army is back this week, looking forward to it!

user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#33 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 09:33 PM

I didn't catch that. I watched the "New al-Qaeda" programme though. It really hit home about the importance of the internet - forums and video uploads most specifically - as a propaganda tool for al-Qaeda in recent years.

#34 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 25 July 2005 - 11:14 PM

Yeah I watched that too. Internet seems to play a big-part for them in 'spreading' terror.

#35 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 12:25 PM

BBC pulls in almost 5m viewers to Gervais' Extras

Old Money

Grampa Simpson inherits his girlfriend's fortune. She appears as an angel and suggests he helps the needy, but Grampa decides his need is greater.

8 PM - BBC2 - Mastermind
John Humphrys poses the questions in the classic quiz. Specialist subjects: The Labour Government 1974 - 1979; Life and Work of Flanders and Swann; The Ecclesiastical Calendar; Manchester Music Scene 1976 - 1991.

8 PM - FilmFour - Manhattan
The script is wit of the highest order. This is not gag-a-minute humour like Friends, but an altogether more acute art form stemming from character, some wonderful dialogue and a fair amount of darkness (I love the bit about Isaac trying to run over his ex-wife's lover). Allen is also prepared to turn his biting satire to personal issues, such as being Jewish. Just don't expect someone to look shrug their shoulders, slap their forehead and with mid-rising intonation say d'uh! It's not that kind of comedy.
Then there is the gorgeous cinematography. Woody loves Manhattan and you can certainly tell. If there is one criticism of the film, it is that it leaves a rather picture postcard impression of the city, but I suppose if it's love, then it's love. Much of the film appears to have been shot at either sunrise or sunset to soften the light, and there are spectacular views of the towers, bridges and waterways of America's finest metropolis.

9 PM - BBC2 - This World: At the Epicentre
4/5 - At The Epicentre

Documentary following 11 year old Hendri, one of only a handful of children who've come back to the beautiful coastal village of Lampuuk in Aceh in Indonesia which was close to the December earthquake epicentre. Just one building, the domed Mosque, was left standing and it is around this symbol of survival that Hendry and his fellow survivors have been determined to rebuild their lives, despite a shocking lack of help.

9:50 PM - BBC2 - My Life as a Child
4/6 - Separation and Birth

There are some lines said in tonight's edition of the children's video diary series that wouldn't sound out of place in one of those Kids Say the Funniest Things shows. Asa, 7, comes up with some particularly cute ones. Talking to camera about the fact that his mum is now pregnant, he confides that they're all going to hospital to something called an "Auntie Mabel clinic". As the films are loosely connected by the subject of separation and birth (divorce seems to act as a permanent theme of this series so far), the kids' remarks are generally very poignant. It's illuminating, heartbreaking and occasionally extremely profound, but you need to brace yourself for some vertigo-inducing camerawork, which happens particularly when Asa and his older brother Corey are filming.

10 PM - FilmFour - Fahrenheit 9/11
This controversial Palme d'Or winning documentary from Michael Moore is a blistering attack on George W Bush's administration. The film investigates the legitimacy of Bush's presidency, his links to the Bin Laden family, the role oil played in the response to the World Trade Center attacks and how the pursuit of the Taliban led to the Iraq War. He even takes us up to the abuse of Iraqi prisoners by US soldiers that dominated the news in the first half of 2004. The assembled news footage and street interviews are always riveting, contentious and one-sided - so much so as to make Bowling for Columbine appear even-handed. This agitprop reflection on the dubious agenda of American foreign policy inevitably preaches to the converted, but it also uncovers or highlights many thought-provoking facts - such as members of Congress not reading the bills they pass and the fact only one had a child (a son) serving in the conflict. The most affecting moment of all, however, comes when a grieving mother reads out the last letter received from her son before he was killed in action.

11 PM - Scottish - Badiel and Skinner Unplanned
Frank Skinner and David Baddiel - unscripted and totally unrehearsed - tackle subjects suggested by a studio audience.

11:20 PM - BBC2 - Swimming World Championships from Montreal
Live coverage of the third day of the world championships. Britain defend two World Titles, James Gibson in the 50m breast and Katy Sexton in the 200m. Michael Phelps, who won 6 Gold Medals for the USA at the Athens Olympics, swims the 200m freestyle. Plus the best of the last two days swimming and an interview with Bill Sweetenham, the controversial Australian who is Britain's National Performance Director. Commentary from Andrew Jameson and Adrian Moorhouse.

#36 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 10:38 AM

Brush with Greatness

Lisa encourages Marge to revive her artistic endeavours after Homer finds an old painting she did of Ringo Starr.

6:55 PM - BBC1 - Sportscene
FC Artmedia Bratislava v Celtic FC

7 PM - BBC2 - Map Man
Beck

Modern explorer Nicholas Crane travels across eight maps that changed the face of Britain in a series of geographical challenges through some of today's wildest landscapes, telling the story of British mapmaking from the time of Chaucer through to the current generation of cyber-mappers. Inspired by a circuit board diagram, Harry Beck designed the London Underground Map, which has become an icon of London.

7:30 PM - BBC2 - The World's Most Photographed
4/10 Adolf Hitler

For years at the height of Hitler's power, we're told here, he had 5,000 pictures a week taken of him, as well as constant cine filming by a trusted cameraman. He was the first modern leader fully to understand - and ruthlessly exploit - the power of the image, and we're still living with the legacy of that. He was the first modern leader fully to understand - and ruthlessly exploit - the power of the image, and we're still living with the legacy of that. Odd then, that at the start of his political career "the wolf", as he called himself, refused to be photographed at all, until a photographer called Heinrich Hoffman showed the young firebrand how posed portraits could create a mythology around him. Soon, postcards with his image were sold at news-stands all around Germany. So how did a camera-shy politician end up the world's most photographed man?

10:30 PM - ITV2 - World's Deadliest Storms
Tornadoes, hail storms, floods and blizzards - real people tell the stories of their desperate struggle against the elements.

10:40 PM - BBC1 - Your Life in their Hands
1/3 - Chris Chandler: Neurosurgeon

Every day, neurosurgeon Chris Chandler operates on people whose epilepsy is dominating their life, knowing that his actions could stop their seizures but could also result in what he calls "a deficit". A deficit is a loss of speech, damage to sight or the inability to use a limb. "You can go from hero to zero, just like that," Chandler says grimly. "You are, after all, responsible for someone's essence." This new series of documentaries charting the work of various top surgeons follows several of Chandler's cases, including 19-year-old Sarah who currently has up to 22 seizures a day, and seven-year-old Harry whose attacks are so severe they sometimes stop his breathing.

11:20 PM - BBC2 - The Apprentice
Reality TV series set in New York in which 18 candidates compete for the position of apprentice to real estate mogul Donald Trump. For their next task the teams pick a designer and produce a new line of clothing for a fashion show, and the team with the most sales will win. The women start well and are on their way to finishing their line despite Elizabeth's questioning, but the models prove to be too distracting for the men's team.

#37 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 02:38 PM

Is the apprentice still on? Didnt know that. So 11.20 BBC2 then?

#38 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 03:48 PM

is it not a new series or something coz one just finished

#39 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 03:53 PM

Yeah, it's another series with Donald Trump in New York.

#40 Discogirl17

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,034 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 07:07 PM

I know, I watched that a while ago- the start of the Donald Trump one. I keep forgetting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users