Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
TV Picks - HSN forum - Page 4

TV Picks

75 replies to this topic

#61 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 11:29 AM

QUOTE(bred @ Aug 8 2005, 12:25 PM)

8:30 PM - BBC2 - University Challenge: The Professionals
8/12

Jeremy Paxman asks the questions as a team from the Chess Society does battle with a team from the V&A museum. 

View Post

i have yet to find somebody who watches this!!! wink.gif

#62 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 06:43 PM

I wouldnt be so sure!!
Im not admitting to anything though!

#63 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 08 August 2005 - 11:29 PM

4:30 PM - BBC2 - World Athletics Championships 2005
Live action from the Olympic Stadium in Helsinki,
introduced by Sue Barker, Jonathan Edwards, Colin Jackson and Michael Johnson. Commentary by Steve Cram, Paul Dickenson, Brendan Foster and Stuart Storey. Sally Gunnell and Hazel Irvine report.
4:35pm Women's discus final
4:40pm Women's 100m hurdles round one.
5:25pm Men's 200m round two. The British men's contingent negotiates another heat.
6:00pm Men's 3,000m steeplechase final. Olympic and world steeplechase champ Saif Saaeed Shaheen defends the title he won in one of the most thrilling distance races ever seen, two years ago in Paris.
6:25pm Women's 800m final. Kelly Holmes is not competing in Helsinki, so it's left to Susan Scott to mount the British challenge.
6:45pm Decathlon 400m
7:25pm Men's 400m hurdles final. The Dominican Republic's Felix Sanchez attempts to eclipse the great Ed Moses with a third straight title, though he will have to contend with lively American Kerron Clement.

6 PM - Channel 4 - The Simpsons
Homer Defined

Homer falls asleep on the job, unaware that a nuclear meltdown is occurring in the plant. Meanwhile, Bart is banned from seeing Milhouse because he is a bad influence.

7:30 PM - Scottish - Get Galloway
A rare insight into the chaotic life of maverick MP George Galloway during one of the most important years of his political career. After a landmark victory in the General Election, the Scot headed for Washington to take on the US Senate. This programme charts his journey there and what happened when he returned from his historic performance on the world stage.

8 PM - BBC1 - Match of the Day Live
Champions League Third-Round Qualifer: Manchester Utd v Debrecen

The 2005/06 season begins in earnest as Manchester United play their first competitive game of the Malcolm Glazer era. Gary Lineker presents live coverage as United take on Debrecen in the first leg of their third-round Champions League qualifier. The Premiership opener against Everton is also just four days away, so can Wayne Rooney, Rio Ferdinand and co put a summer of turmoil behind them and kick off the season in style?

9 PM - Channel 4 - Born to be Different
1/3

Here's a programme designed to have us weeping into our sofa cushions. It's a set of tales about small children with disabilities and the struggles of their long-suffering parents. It's familiar ground: scenes of tearful mums and dads hugging in hospital corridors, toddlers on gurneys and doctors trying to sound upbeat. But what could be just emotive becomes genuinely uplifting as the programme goes on. You're lost in admiration for mothers such as Vicky, whose daughter Shelbie is dependent on oxygen machines. An intimate and unsentimental documentary.

11 PM - Scottish - Badiel and Skinner Unplanned
Frank Skinner and David Baddiel - unscripted and totally unrehearsed - tackle subjects suggested by a studio audience.
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#64 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 13 September 2005 - 08:01 PM

Spooks. It's on now. It's quality!

#65 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 10:46 PM

yeah i noticed that!

#66 tupacshakur

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 10:52 AM

Today, SkySports 3 - WWE RAW
user posted image

WWE RAW IS WAR

#67 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 08 October 2005 - 07:32 PM

The Cider House Rules is on tonight at 9:10 PM on Channel 4.
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#68 Lesley

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts
  • Interests:Haribo and irn bru, thanks.

Posted 09 October 2005 - 09:46 AM

8pm, channel 5, Dirty Dancing.

That is all biggrin.gif
user posted image
Cows are magnificent,
Cows I call them "moos",
And sometimes silly folk,
They call my moos "coos".

#69 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 06:43 PM

7 PM - BBC1 - The Story of God

The God of the Gaps

Robert Winston presents a documentary series on the history of man's quest to understand the nature of God. He examines how belief in God had been challenged in the modern world by secular ideas, in particular science, and looks at how people of all religious beliefs have over the centuries accommodated their faith with the pursuit of knowledge. Also, how advances in astronomy, physics and biology challenged religious beliefs, and the past and current debates over Darwin's theory of evolution.

Radio Times

#70 princess

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 05:09 PM

Did anyone else watch the Catherine Tate Christmas special last night? I think she's brill.

#71 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 21 December 2005 - 10:20 PM

I watched it. Hilarious.

#72 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 22 December 2005 - 11:44 AM

I don't like that show anymore. The 'Am I bovvered?' thing is just getting irritating now. =/

#73 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 01:40 PM

Some of the films you might want to watch over the next few days (the number preceeding each film is the IMDB rating out of 10):

Christmas Eve

7.2 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone 4 PM BBC1

7.0 Bridget Jones's Diary 9:40 PM BBC1

6.6 Gorky Park 10:55 PM Five

Christmas Day

8.8 Casablanca 2:40 PM Five

8.0 Shrek 3:10 PM BBC1

7.8 Dances with Wolves 4:45 PM Five

6.8 The Importance of Being Earnest 8 PM BBC2

7.9 The Untouchables 0:05 AM (26th) ITV1

Boxing Day

7.8 Minority Report 9 PM BBC1

8.0 Young Frankenstein 11:40 PM BBC2

December 27th

7.4 The Quiet American 9 PM BBC2

8.7 Once Upon a Time in the West 11:05 PM BBC2

8.5 Taxi Driver 12 midnight C4

December 28th

7.3 The Italian Job 3:25 PM BBC1

7.0 Signs 8:30 PM BBC1

7.6 Dangerous Liasons 11:20 PM BBC2

December 29th

7.2 The Goonies 10:45 AM BBC1

5.9 The Man in the Iron Mask BBC1

6.8 The Shipping News 9 PM BBC2

December 30th

8.6 Goodfellas 10:40 PM Five

7.3 Insomnia 11:10 PM BBC1

7.1 8 Women 11:55 PM C4

Enjoy. smile.gif

#74 djh1878

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Interests:Football: I'm a Clyde fan!!!<br /><br />Music: Oasis, Guns 'n' Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, The Killers etc... and I'm a drummer!!!<br /><br />Golf: 18 handicap (I know...rubbish!)<br /><br />Exam Results:<br />SG - 11111222<br />Higher - AAABBC<br />Adv Higher - C<br /><br />I'm going to Aberdeen Uni to do French and International Relations in September!

Posted 24 December 2005 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE(bred @ Dec 24 2005, 01:40 PM)
December 30th

8.6 Goodfellas 10:40 PM Five

View Post

Brilliant movie! biggrin.gif
Check Out My Space! - www.myspace.com

Aberdeen University - French and International Relations - September 06'

IPB Image

#75 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 05:07 PM

9 PM Ce Soir

Take your pick:

BBC1, Sweeney Todd

Two throat-slashings, a dismembering, the removal of a bullet without anaesthetic, an illegal abortion and an amputation. No, it's not some weird change of direction for Richard Four Weddings and a Funeral Curtis, merely the contents of the first half-hour of this extraordinarily gruesome drama. The always watchable Ray Winstone is Sweeney Todd, a tormented and unhappy barber who channels his sadness into slashing the throats of his customers before chopping them up and sending the bits to the bakery next door to be made into pies. He's helped by the owner of said pie shop, the comely Mrs Lovett (Essie Davis) who, along with her remarkably cantilevered bosom, holds Sweeney Todd in her thrall. It's all very atmospheric, and you can almost smell stinky 18th-century London. And there are moments of black humour. But blimey, you'll need a strong stomach.
RT reviewer: Alison Graham

BBC2, Three Men in a Boat

1/2
Initially, this looked cringe-making to me. Three comedians mess about in a rowing boat to re-create Jerome K Jerome's trip up the Thames, the kind of TV travelogue that sounds like a load of rusty rowlocks. How wrong could I be? Something in the chemistry between Griff Rhys Jones, Rory McGrath and the younger Dara O'Briain works a treat and the result is very funny in the way that only silly, off-the-cuff, joshing comedy can be. The trio make some pleasant stops along their way, such as David Gilmour's palatial houseboat-cum-studio. "Nice of him to let us in unannounced," they say. Yeah right, the publicity-shy Pink Floyd guitarist with a solo album out soon had no idea at all that three comics and a camera crew were about to turn up. And wrestling isn't fixed. Despite such fakery, there's loads to enjoy here, including a scurrilous anecdote about David Seaman, a prickly meeting between Dara and Antony Worrall Thompson, and some lovely scenery, too. The concluding part is on Thursday.
RT reviewer: David Butcher

Scottish, Teenage Tourettes Camp

There are moments in this documentary that are like a Little Britain sketch. Except this isn't funny. It follows five British teenagers with the incurable neurological disorder Tourette syndrome as they spend a week in a special American summer camp. Here there's no need to suppress the random verbal outbursts, uncontrollable twitches and strange noises that society finds so unacceptable. Everyone's doing it. The kids are accepted, not ostracised, so they can relax and find new ways to manage their antisocial tics. For us it's a rare chance to see past the offensive behaviour, understand how difficult this inherited condition makes their life and feel a sympathy we may not have had at the outset.
RT reviewer: Jane Rackham

BBC4, The Life and Times of El Niño

With concern about the cooling of the Gulf Stream in the Atlantic, here's a timely film about the disruption of currents in the Pacific. Every few years, when the trade winds subside, warm waters roll eastward across the Pacific. The current is named El Niño - the Christ child, because it first appears at Christmas - and it wreaks havoc. But could it grow even more fearsome?
RT reviewer: Geoff Ellis

#76 smb

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 07:44 PM

this once i think i will watch bbc2. tbh, i have actually have grown quite fond of the channel over recent months blush.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users