Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
What subjects are you taking - HSN forum - Page 3

What subjects are you taking

118 replies to this topic

#41 8139222012

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 06:56 PM

At our school we're only allowed to do 5 subjects in 5th year and only 4 subjects in 6th year, with a maximum of 3 Advanced Highers.

#42 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 06 July 2004 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (8139222012 @ Jul 6 2004, 07:56 PM)
At our school we're only allowed to do 5 subjects in 5th year and only 4 subjects in 6th year, with a maximum of 3 Advanced Highers.

we can do 5 in 5th year, 4 recommended in 6th year unless it's 3 ad highers then u can just do that. however, if u ask u can do up to 5 subjects if you want in 6th year. unless you're doing 3 ad highers you're not allowed to do any less than 4 subjects though, which can include 1 at college.
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#43 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 07 July 2004 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE (gaveaway @ Jun 3 2004, 03:43 PM)
yeh dave dont they let u crash Higher graphics? coz int 2 is sooo easy i mean its just like the stanard grade course with bits and bobs changed. We shared our class wit the int 2s and it looks fairly stanard grade.

yeah well i could have except i couldn even do in2 and dropped it to give space for AH physics at another school.

In that class there was originally 6 AH,lots of H and 5 in2. By the end of the year all the in2's had left and a few highers had left as well laugh.gif

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#44 Infinite_Dreams

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 06:09 PM

We have to do 5 subjects in 5th year, and a minimum of 3 in 6th. Maximum of three advanced highers....don't know why though.

#45 linds

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE (Lindsay @ May 31 2004, 02:57 PM)
This year I did

Higher English
Higher Maths
Higher Physics
Higher Chemistry
Higher French

And I got an A for all of them in my prelims (just).

Next year I want to do

Advanced Higher English
Higher Media Studies (crash)
Higher Admin
Int 2 Spanish

We have to do 4 subjects in 6th year at our school. Wish I only had to do three, then I'd drop Admin. =/

Ooh, I've changed my mind. I want to do Advanced French rather than Higher Admin. I just don't know if I can. =/

#46 Infinite_Dreams

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 06:06 PM

You should be ok as long as it's being taught already. If not it could be difficult and maybe impossible to alter to fit the timetable. It may also depend on how much is taught, and how much is self study. Another school is an option also.

#47 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 01:29 PM

Argh, I'm finding Higher Biology too hard (crash) I think I'm gonna drop to Int 2 or change subject completely. sad.gif mad.gif blink.gif unsure.gif huh.gif ohmy.gif

#48 werlop

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • Location:Cambridge (Term Time), Bearsden (Glasgow) Non Term Time

Posted 25 July 2004 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (fearfactor47 @ Jul 13 2004, 01:29 PM)
Argh, I'm finding Higher Biology too hard (crash) I think I'm gonna drop to Int 2 or change subject completely. sad.gif mad.gif blink.gif unsure.gif huh.gif ohmy.gif

Really, what are you struggling with? I am crashing as well and so far have found it fairly acceptable - just as hard/easy as any other higher depending on your view point. We had done cell structure, osmosis and active trasnsport up until I left for our yearly music course. Now if I hear any mention of bandcamp so help me tongue.gif
Click here to visit the Bearsden Academy Website
user posted image

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
But make allowance for their doubting too,
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

#49 Acaila

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 04:15 PM

I'm taking:
AH Computing
AH Maths
AH Geography
H Music
H Drama (crash)
H Modern Studies (crash)

#50 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 07:37 PM

Wow! That's a lot! What highers did you do last year?

#51 james1

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE(werlop @ Jul 25 2004, 10:59 PM)
QUOTE(fearfactor47 @ Jul 13 2004, 01:29 PM)
Argh, I'm finding Higher Biology too hard (crash) I think I'm gonna drop to Int 2 or change subject completely.  sad.gif  mad.gif  blink.gif  unsure.gif  huh.gif  ohmy.gif

Really, what are you struggling with? I am crashing as well and so far have found it fairly acceptable - just as hard/easy as any other higher depending on your view point. We had done cell structure, osmosis and active trasnsport up until I left for our yearly music course. Now if I hear any mention of bandcamp so help me tongue.gif

View Post

hehe werlop thats the easiest part of the entire course

#52 Acaila

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE(fearfactor47 @ Aug 19 2004, 08:37 PM)
Wow!  That's a lot!  What highers did you do last year?

View Post

English, Maths, Geography, Computing and Physics
Taking physics instead of mod studs was probably a big mistake. Found it really hard at the beginning of the year and my teacher was predicting me a B. Revision paid off thankfully smile.gif (plus the later units were more suited to me)

#53 Shaun

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (fearfactor47 @ Jul 13 2004, 01:29 PM)

Argh, I'm finding Higher Biology too hard (crash) I think I'm gonna drop to Int 2 or change subject completely.   

Really, what are you struggling with? I am crashing as well and so far have found it fairly acceptable - just as hard/easy as any other higher depending on your view point. We had done cell structure, osmosis and active trasnsport up until I left for our yearly music course. Now if I hear any mention of bandcamp so help me

We've also done cell structure, osmosis, active transport and ADP or ATP or ADP + Pi or something! I HATE IT!!! I honestly don't have the tinciest idea of what I'm doing!

#54 Martin S

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 11:51 AM

I'm doing...

Business AH - only me in the class
Computing AH
Maths H
Psychology H

#55 xpurple_starsx

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm in second year at Glasgow Yewnee studying Biology Type Things... haven't decided on my actual degree subject yet... someone wanna choose for me??

Posted 21 August 2004 - 11:57 AM

As of Monday I'm doing...

H Psychology
H French
Adv H Chemistry
H Human Biology or Adv H Biology.

I got an A for H Biology last year so doing Huan biology this year seems like a bit of a waste of time because it means just the same thing! Meeting on Monday maybe with the Assistant Head, he is going to kill me for changing as he has to find another school, oops.
The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself.

#56 Holmes

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:StirlingSwim

Posted 07 September 2004 - 04:35 PM

Im doing....

AH Maths
AH Physics
AH Computing

Should all provide me with a healthy challenge plus lots of free periods.

#57 Silver_ice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Alan

Posted 26 November 2004 - 04:53 PM

I'm doing...

H Chemistry
H Maths
H Human Biology
Int 2 English
H Information Technology

#58 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 26 November 2004 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE(Silver_ice @ Nov 26 2004, 04:53 PM)
I'm doing...

H Information Technology

View Post

Is that Information Systems, yeah?

#59 Silver_ice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Alan

Posted 26 November 2004 - 05:35 PM

nope....theres Information Systems and Information Technology....i dont really know what the differance is though

#60 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 26 November 2004 - 05:38 PM

Ah ok... that's news to me. smile.gif

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users