Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Higher Human Biology - HSN forum

Higher Human Biology

8 replies to this topic

#1 echoes

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 07:04 AM

Can someone tell me what the course entails? Is there a great deal of Maths involved?

#2 xpurple_starsx

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm in second year at Glasgow Yewnee studying Biology Type Things... haven't decided on my actual degree subject yet... someone wanna choose for me??

Posted 01 June 2005 - 01:49 PM

If you look on the sqa website there should be learning outcomes for Human Biology which will tell you what the whole course is about.

There is basically no maths at all except from reading numbers from graphs sometimes! It's nothing like chemistry or physics where calculations are concerned.
The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself.

#3 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 09:41 PM

nah, no maths at all really, apart from very basic stuff which is more just common sense. its a really interesting course i found. i'm not sayin its easy - i did it as a crash higher though - but it is really interesting, & the 3rd unit ties in a lot with material you might cover in a psychology course
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#4 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 01 June 2005 - 09:54 PM

Check this out. smile.gif

#5 broughy

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 09:56 PM

one warning for you though - the first unit is deadly dull & boring! but it does get better, i promise!
when i'm dancin' with you,
tomorrow doesn't matter,
turn that music up,
till the windows start to shatter,
cos you're the only one who can get me on my feet,
& i can't even dance

No Tomorrow - Orson

#6 echoes

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 11:45 PM

Ah, I see... Thanks for the information everyone =)

#7 sai

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 07:00 PM

hey

i did higher human bio last year

found this site might be some of use to you

http://www.purchon.com/biology/index.htm

#8 ScotlandGirl

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 05:33 PM

It's not mathematical at all. All it consists of is learning stuff... facts, facts and more facts. It is the most dull, boring, useless subject imaginable (can you tell I hate it)!!

I would seriously not recommend it unless you're willing to do lots and lots of revision and learning. You shouldn't take it unless you have a really strong interest in Biology or just science in general because, if you are anything like me, you'll just end up loathing it all year!

On the other hand my sister loved it, got an A at Higher and went on to do Advanced Biology so you never know!

#9 Hev

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 06:48 PM

i found Human really interesting actually, it's the only subject i would say i actually understand

it makes a big difference if its something you *want* to do

this year i was forced into Higher Chemistry because it was the only subject avaliable to me on the choice form, i got the lowest pass in the year (go me! lol) just because i purely don't understand anything!

plus my teachers a bit of a dipstick.... 'a bit'
IPB Image
This year's Fenella Feline (CAT) in Peterhead's Pantomine Pinocchio!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users