Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Research Studies - HSN forum

Research Studies

3 replies to this topic

#1 natalie1062

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 03:52 PM

Could anyone please give me an insight to the research studies that they are learning for the new higher psychology exam.....I have quite a few but I dont know what the main one's to concentrate on are sad.gif

Thanks in advance,
natalie

#2 scotland_2004

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 06:18 PM

The main Research Studies that i am going to try and learn are:

Sherif (1935) - Show how Participants, when faced with an uncertain or ambiguous situation would take on the judgements of other people using the autokinetic effect.

Asch (1951) - Opinions and Social Pressure - To find out whether participants would conform to an incorrect group consensus when the correct answer was clear.

Milgram (1963) - Behavioural Study of Obedience - To find out whether ordinary Americans would obey instructions from an authority figure to inflict pain on a total stranger.

LaPeire (1934) - Attitudes versus actions - To investigate the consistency between attitude and behaviour.

Sherif et al (1961) - The Robbers' Field Experiment

Tajfel (1971) - Experiments in inter-group discrimination

Reduction of Prejudice - Jane Elliots (1977) Strategy and Aronsen et al's Jigsaw classroom technique.

Rosenham, D L (1973) - On being sane in insane places

Freud, S (1909) Analysis of phobias in a Five-year-Old boy

Schaffer and Emerson (1964) - Development of attachments which take place during the first 18 months of a child's life.

Macy Ainsworth (1971, 1978) - The "Strange Situation"

Pavlovs Dogs

Harlow (1969) - Infant monkeys

Robertson and Bowlby (1952) - Protest - Despair - Detachment Model

Hodges and Tizard (1989) - A study of Ex-institutionalised Children

Steinberg and Dornbush (1992) - Study on High School children and Parenting Styles

Example of a Memory Study e.g. Conrad (1964)

Peterson and Peterson (1959)

Baddeley (1966) - Semantic Encoding in Long term memory

Hope that helps! Starting to get worried now, doing open learning so don't have any teacher to help and really been concentrating on Chemistry for the last week. Just praying for a good paper!

#3 xpurple_starsx

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Interests:Well I'm in second year at Glasgow Yewnee studying Biology Type Things... haven't decided on my actual degree subject yet... someone wanna choose for me??

Posted 31 May 2005 - 06:41 PM

I'm praying for a good paper too, chemistry has melted my brain!

Do you need to learn any studies for the stress topic? Really unsure what to learn for it!
The race is long, and in the end it's only with yourself.

#4 Ross

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 07:10 PM

For stress im doing Brady and his monkeys. biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users