Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
How was it? - HSN forum - Page 22

How was it?

614 replies to this topic

#421 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 02 June 2005 - 09:50 AM

No idea about that, sorry.
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#422 gary

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 09:58 AM

Shit i wrote down both fibrous and globular i thought it asked for the two types. will they take that mark off

#423 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 02 June 2005 - 09:59 AM

I think I might have done that as well. I can't remember the exact question.
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#424 tupacshakur

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 10:00 AM

QUOTE(gary @ Jun 2 2005, 09:58 AM)
Shit i wrote down both fibrous and globular i thought it asked for the two types.  will they take that mark off

View Post

they will give you 1/2

im worried about the 3 mark question about explaning phs and conductivitys

i wrote down the wrong equtations but i think i meantioned the low ph and conductivity for ethanoic acid.
user posted image

WWE RAW IS WAR

#425 gary

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 10:01 AM

does ethanoic acid not have a high ph

#426 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 10:02 AM

I only did an equation for HCl but I don't think it was absolutely necessary to do both equations to get full marks. I think you will lose half a mark for each wrong equation, not sure though.

#427 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 10:03 AM

QUOTE(gary @ Jun 2 2005, 11:01 AM)

View Post

Compared with HCl, yeah.

#428 tupacshakur

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 10:04 AM

QUOTE(bred @ Jun 2 2005, 10:03 AM)

View Post

Compared with HCl, yeah.

View Post

yeah sorry i think i said high ph for it.
user posted image

WWE RAW IS WAR

#429 gary

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 10:04 AM

yeah thats what i meant.

#430 gary

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 10:05 AM

see for the question on molar volume what was the answer.

#431 tupacshakur

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 10:10 AM

4. something litres i think
user posted image

WWE RAW IS WAR

#432 kitty

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 10:31 AM

i think some people are a little obsessed!
there is really nothing you can do now and really does it matter if you find out the answers now seeing as the papers cannot be changed, i can understand doing this the day after the exams but you guys are crazy! enjoy yourselves if you are free and if not then you will be soon!!

#433 tupacshakur

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE(kitty @ Jun 2 2005, 10:31 AM)
i think some people are a little obsessed!
there is really nothing you can do now and really does it matter if you find out the answers now seeing as the papers cannot be changed, i can understand doing this the day after the exams but you guys are crazy! enjoy yourselves if you are free and if not then you will be soon!!

View Post

im changing mypaper tonight so yeah it does matter biggrin.gif

nah we are just talking about the exam, nothing wrong with that.

do u guys reckon it will be 61% for a B?
user posted image

WWE RAW IS WAR

#434 tupacshakur

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 10:53 AM

National Courses

Candidates one grade below their estimate will be upgraded to their estimated band if two conditions are met:
1 there are at least 6 candidates with an estimated band at the same grade in the centre
2 at least 60% of the centre’s candidates with estimated bands at the same grade have achieved this grade

does that mean if i got a C and my estimate is an A i dont get an upgrade to atleast a B?

im getting worried now cos my estimate IS an A although im scared i might get a C in the exam and not be able to get upgarded to atleast a B sad.gif unsure.gif crying.gif
user posted image

WWE RAW IS WAR

#435 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 10:56 AM

How many candidates at your school have an "A" estimate? Say it's 5. Then 3 of them need to get an A in the final exam if you're to be upgraded.

#436 tupacshakur

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 10:57 AM

one in my class and atleast a few others in the two other classes

but the way im looking at it is that i can only get a upgraded grade if i had a C with a B estimate rather than C with an A estimate
user posted image

WWE RAW IS WAR

#437 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 10:58 AM

Hmm. Seen as your estimate is an A, and if you got a C, that would be two grades lower. I'd assume they'd just pretend like your estimate was a B. And if 60% of people estimated for a B at your school got a B, then you'd get a B.

#438 tupacshakur

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 11:03 AM

QUOTE(bred @ Jun 2 2005, 10:58 AM)
Hmm. Seen as your estimate is an A, and if you got a C, that would be two grades lower. I'd assume they'd just pretend like your estimate was a B. And if 60% of people estimated for a B at your school got a B, then you'd get a B.

View Post

i dont know, i hope so

maybe ally on HSN can clear this up a bit
user posted image

WWE RAW IS WAR

#439 Ally

HSN Legend

• Moderators
  • 2,912 posts
  • Interests:Just finished 1st year at uni studying medicine.

Posted 02 June 2005 - 11:23 AM

There's some discussion about it going on here:

http://www.hsn.uk.net/forum/index.php?show...t=0&#entry30749

#440 werlop

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts
  • Location:Cambridge (Term Time), Bearsden (Glasgow) Non Term Time

Posted 02 June 2005 - 11:24 AM

View Post

You can't tell, it depends totally on the concentration as pH = -log[H + ]

The dissociation constant of ethanoic acid is certainly lower than HCl.
Click here to visit the Bearsden Academy Website
user posted image

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you
But make allowance for their doubting too,
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users