Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
How was it? - HSN forum - Page 3

How was it?

614 replies to this topic

#41 tupacshakur

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE(Wedge37 @ May 31 2005, 12:35 PM)
I think I got 88.9% for the percentage yield question... blink.gif *PANICS*

View Post

i got 54% for the percentage yield question!
user posted image

WWE RAW IS WAR

#42 0123456

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 12:41 PM

i got 60.6%...i thoght it was pretty hard ...i didnt get the vit c calculation nor the q=it calculation cs i didnt know where to go after i got 900C...oh well over with now....

#43 Tiger

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE(tupacshakur @ May 31 2005, 01:36 PM)
QUOTE(Wedge37 @ May 31 2005, 12:35 PM)
I think I got 88.9% for the percentage yield question... blink.gif *PANICS*

View Post

i got 54% for the percentage yield question!

View Post

I got 60-61%. Cant remember exactly.

#44 dfx

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 12:44 PM

I left the % Yield question blank. Can you believe it!? sad.gif

But see, what other teachers have also noted about chemistry is that at most a question is worth 2 marks, almost everyone is 1 mark. Like people are complaining about the gas mask - thats just 2 marks for the whole thing, along with %yield. All Im saying is, dont panic if you left something out cause it can't be worth getting depressed over tongue.gif

#45 Amna

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 12:46 PM

i got 60.4% for precentage yield or sumthn lyk dat

#46 Jas0n

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 12:55 PM

I just got back and that was the toughest exam I did so far. Even harder than maths.
IPB Image

#47 supernova

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE(Jas0n @ May 31 2005, 12:55 PM)
I just got back and that was the toughest exam I did so far. Even harder than maths.

View Post

I totally agree! I'm really bad at Maths, but I actually think I've done much better in that than in Chemistry! So please, stop saying it was easy, people! We can't all be smart! dry.gif Oh well, I'm sooo glad it's all over and done with, anyway! I can't believe you're talking about the answers you've wrote, cos now I know how badly I've actually done!! sad.gif There is NO WAY i'm even looking at my results in August...

How can you guys remember all the answers you wrote down in the multiple choice? huh.gif

#48 Yurimaru

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 01:32 PM

Yeah, I've been reading the answers that have been posted and am now panicking because half of them are nothing like what I wrote! Then again I am useless at Maths and Chemistry. I'm dreading my results too!
Oh weep for Adonais—he is dead!
Wake, melancholy Mother, wake and weep!
Yet wherefore? Quench within their burning bed
Thy fiery tears, and let thy loud heart keep,
Like his, a mute and uncomplaining sleep;

#49 Jonny-Sensei

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Music, Skateboards, Guitar/Bass, Ice Hockey, Drinking, Darts, Poker, Pool and of course SLEEPING!!!<br /><br />Currently about to take a gap year before reapplying for Medicine. Hoping to study at Aberdeen University :D

Posted 31 May 2005 - 01:33 PM

The exam was very easy, I'm totally confident about it. My answers for the multiple choice were (The ones in red are definitely wrong, my teacher had gone over up to 20 when I saw her so I checked these):

1) D 21) B
2) C 22) D
3) C 23) C
4) B 24) D
5) B 25) C
6) A 26) A
7) C 27) B
8) B 28) A
9) C 29) B
10) B 30) C
11) A 31) B
12) C 32) A
13) D 33) C
14) D 34) B
15) A 35) D
16) B 36) C
17) A 37) B
18) D 38) A
19) C 39) B
20) B 40) C

If more people can post their answers, then we should be able to get the correct answers by taking an average?
Roll on ze gap year !!

#50 supernova

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 01:35 PM

How the hell do you remember your answers to every single question?

#51 Jonny-Sensei

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Music, Skateboards, Guitar/Bass, Ice Hockey, Drinking, Darts, Poker, Pool and of course SLEEPING!!!<br /><br />Currently about to take a gap year before reapplying for Medicine. Hoping to study at Aberdeen University :D

Posted 31 May 2005 - 01:39 PM

QUOTE(supernova @ May 31 2005, 01:35 PM)
How the hell do you remember your answers to every single question?

View Post

We got a sheet of paper for "rough working" which I never used, so I took that out of the exam. I did all my working in the pink book.

EDIT: I just realised it says on the front of the paper to hand in any working sheets sad.gif Will I get an automatic fail or lose major marks for this although I did all the working in the pink book and none on the sheet?
Roll on ze gap year !!

#52 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 31 May 2005 - 01:52 PM

I used the sheet for the rough working, myself...I'm kinda worried about the exam, especially the last writing question about structural formula for the product of oxidising Hexanol...anyone get it fine? Please tell me what it was, I forgot to ask my teacher and I've left school now.

#53 sai

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 01:57 PM

these are sum of my answers

1 d 21 b
2 c 22 a
3 b 23 a
4 b 24 d
5 a ( spose 2 be c ) 25 c
6 d 26 a
7 a 27 b
8 a 28 a
9 c 29 a
10 b 30 d
11 a 31 b
12 b 32 a
13 d 33 c
14 a 34 d
15 a 35 d
16 c 36 c
17 a 37 a
18 d 38 a
19 c 39 b
20 b 40 b

i got 60.4 % for the percentage yield Q

#54 Jonny-Sensei

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE(Wedge37 @ May 31 2005, 01:52 PM)
I used the sheet for the rough working, myself...I'm kinda worried about the exam, especially the last writing question about structural formula for the product of oxidising Hexanol...anyone get it fine? Please tell me what it was, I forgot to ask my teacher and I've left school now.

View Post

Hexanal?

Oxidising increases the O:H Ratio, ie H are removed or O is added. In this case it takes out two H's and a carbonyl group (C=O) forms. I think.
Roll on ze gap year !!

#55 Equilibrium

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 02:02 PM

dont know if im remembering it right , but did any one get 0.188 grams for the vit C question
If not to heaven, then hand in hand to hell!

#56 sai

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 02:04 PM

yeah but i rounded up to 0.2g

#57 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:My interests

Posted 31 May 2005 - 02:05 PM

QUOTE(dfx @ May 31 2005, 12:38 PM)
QUOTE(gary @ May 31 2005, 12:34 PM)
What was everyones answer to the Q=it question

View Post

I ended up with a really small volume. Something like 900 Coulombs for the charge. (0.5 x 60 x 30)

193,000 for 24 litres, so 900 C for around about 0.112 litres. Strange... unsure.gif

View Post

I think I got an answer like that (something like 111.4 cm cubed which is the same as what u said)

#58 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:My interests

Posted 31 May 2005 - 02:06 PM

In that vitamin C question you were meant to multiply the number of moles or the answer by 10 - that is true isn't it?

#59 Jonny-Sensei

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE(YIC @ May 31 2005, 02:06 PM)
In that vitamin C question you were meant to multiply the number of moles or the answer by 10 - that is true isn't it?

View Post

I have a feeling it maybe is.

I didn't though.

It was 3 marks as far as I remember....thats still 2 or 2.5 marks (hopefully)
Roll on ze gap year !!

#60 gary

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 02:09 PM

someone write out the way that they done it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users