Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
How was it? - HSN forum - Page 16

How was it?

614 replies to this topic

#301 DEAN

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:FOOTBALL, KRATAE. KICKBOXING ,COMBACTBOXING<br />UNUSALLY (CHEMISTRY ,MATHS ,BIOLOGY)<br />READING

Posted 01 June 2005 - 02:10 AM

QUOTE(dfx @ May 31 2005, 07:17 PM)
QUOTE(Equilibrium @ May 31 2005, 08:10 PM)
Poly(ethenyl ethanoate) reacts with methanol to form poly(ethanol) + methyl ethanoate

View Post

Yay! Finally someone else! biggrin.gif

lol the answer IS methanol.. not ethanol.. poly(ethanol) is that polymer formed, not the alcohol. tongue.gif

View Post

lads look it is methanol ..u can find it in yhe unit 2 (world of carbon ,pages 5-15 look for it and find it)))

#302 DEAN

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:FOOTBALL, KRATAE. KICKBOXING ,COMBACTBOXING<br />UNUSALLY (CHEMISTRY ,MATHS ,BIOLOGY)<br />READING

Posted 01 June 2005 - 02:23 AM

biggrin.gif tongue.gif hey lads i have the question paper but i can't be bothered writting the answers again .as i was witting to get the exam over abd have some fun ......
i simply asked i exmainer to give me any spare question paper(((((+ she was fit)0 tongue.gif biggrin.gif cool.gif

#303 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 01 June 2005 - 08:37 AM

QUOTE(YIC @ Jun 1 2005, 02:25 AM)
did anyone get the half life as being 4 in the last of the MC questions?

View Post

Yep! Because 75% was the new isotope after 8 days so after 4 days it would have been 50%. smile.gif
Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#304 ferg

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:driving, music, architecture

Posted 01 June 2005 - 10:26 AM

It was ok, could have been worse, could have been better. Thanks to the people who helped me with last minute question on monday night as one of the multi choice ones actually came up

Yep! Because 75% was the new isotope after 8 days so after 4 days it would have been 50%.
---

That one, i didn't even need to read the question just put down the answer

#305 gary

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 10:27 AM

Yeah it was four people were saying it was 8 but there is no way they would give you the answer in the question.

#306 tupacshakur

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 11:04 AM

shit i wrote down 2

what did people write for the question in the second part on

describe how the ester would be heated? (or something like that)

it was for 1 mark i wrote it would be heated in a water bath with concentrated sulphuric acid catalyst. Is that ok?
user posted image

WWE RAW IS WAR

#307 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts
  • Interests:I have just graduated with a 2:1 in Geography [MA (Hons)] from The University of Edinburgh. I like sports: swimming, cycling, snowboarding, running, football, mountain biking and also travelling and photography.

Posted 01 June 2005 - 11:07 AM

I'm sure that would be fine. It was only for one mark and they didn't ask for a diagram. I didn't mention the concentrated H2SO4 but hopefully I will still get the mark.
I think there's about 12 marks in Paper 2 that I know I've got wrong. The number I've got wrong that I don't know about is a mystery! But hopefully that number is minimal!

Edited by bred, 01 June 2005 - 02:30 PM.

Please vote for me! (Brendan Howard, 5th from bottom, only 1 vote required): http://answers.polld...m/poll/2330393/

#308 david__taylor

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 11:28 AM

What did everyone get for that question about the electrolyte in Q14. It gave you the densities and melting points of the metal and its chloride and asked what form the metal would be in and where it would occur on the electrolyte. I put it was a liquid and would occur on the surface of the electrolyte but I think it might have been on the bottom of the electrolyte because of the higher density? Anyone remember?

#309 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 11:28 AM

I said as a liquid at the bottom because it had a greater density but a lower melting point.

#310 david__taylor

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 11:30 AM

QUOTE(bred @ Jun 1 2005, 11:28 AM)
I said as a liquid at the bottom because it had a greater density but a lower melting point.

View Post

Doh I thought so.

#311 gary

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 12:27 PM

solid on the surface of the electolyte it was in a past paper.

#312 tupacshakur

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE(gary @ Jun 1 2005, 12:27 PM)

View Post

yeah i think i said that aswell
user posted image

WWE RAW IS WAR

#313 The Wedge Effect

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,477 posts
  • Interests:I'm me, I guess. I wear glasses, have short spiked hair, about 5ft 9 (I think). I left fifth year of school in 2005 and is currently unemployed. I used to go to Strathclyde University to do MEng Chemical Engineering, but I hated the course, so I quit. I've started doing MSc Mathematics, from September 2006, as I have a keen (almost unhealthy) interest in Mathematics, and its applications.<br /><br />The grades I achieved in the exams:<br /><br />1 - Standard Grade Mathematics<br />1 - Standard Grade Physics<br />1 - Standard Grade Chemistry<br />1 - Standard Grade Computing Studies<br />1 - Standard Grade Craft and Design<br />2 - Standard Grade English<br />2 - Standard Grade Geography <br /><br />A (Band 1) - Higher English<br />A (Band 1) - Higher Mathematics<br />A (Band 2) - Higher Chemistry<br />B (Band 3) - Higher Physics<br /><br />Anything else ya wanna know about me, PM me or add me to your MSN contact list and chat to me there. :P

Posted 01 June 2005 - 12:47 PM

View Post

Me! laugh.gif

#314 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE(Wedge37 @ Jun 1 2005, 12:47 PM)

View Post

Me! laugh.gif

View Post

yip me too and its right because it exactly the same question as the last question in multiple choice in the specimen paper!

#315 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE(gary @ Jun 1 2005, 01:27 PM)

View Post

But it had a higher density so how could it be on the surface?

#316 dondon

HSN Legend

• Members
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE(bred @ Jun 1 2005, 12:51 PM)
QUOTE(gary @ Jun 1 2005, 01:27 PM)

View Post

But it had a higher density so how could it be on the surface?

View Post

the past paper question was probably v similar but with different numbers and elements

#317 bred

Brendan

• Moderators
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE(dondon @ Jun 1 2005, 01:54 PM)
the past paper question was probably v similar but with different numbers and elements

View Post

Yeah, that's what I think.

#318 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:My interests

Posted 01 June 2005 - 01:33 PM

I also said that biggrin.gif If it has a higher density, it must be at the bottom.

#319 tupacshakur

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 01:38 PM

how many multi choice questions do u think u guys got wrong?

i hope no more than 10 cos i need a B sad.gif
user posted image

WWE RAW IS WAR

#320 YIC

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:My interests

Posted 01 June 2005 - 01:39 PM

I am hoping I only got 5 -7 wrong, meaning that I don't have to do amazing in the second paper

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users