Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Why is the control bus different to add + data - HSN forum

Why is the control bus different to add + data

7 replies to this topic

#1 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Interests:mm.... to lazy to say

if your really interested you can just ask!

(and the womb bit works in the forums where it says "from" but not here duh just makes me sound.. well... weird!)

Posted 29 May 2005 - 09:49 PM

mmm.... i have seen loads of waffle on this but i was wondering if anyone could give me a simple to the point answer, cos well Scholar doesn't!!

the question being "Why does the control bus differ to the data and address buses?"

thanks PK

#2 david__taylor

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 09:52 PM

data bus transfers data, address bus pinpoints the location of the memory address. and the control bus....... hmmm.... just check the notes in the download section of hsn.

#3 TempName123

Fully Fledged Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Interests:mm.... to lazy to say

if your really interested you can just ask!

(and the womb bit works in the forums where it says "from" but not here duh just makes me sound.. well... weird!)

Posted 29 May 2005 - 09:59 PM

Is there any?

#4 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 29 May 2005 - 10:09 PM

the control bus is different because each thread in the bus has a discrete function be it reset or whatever

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#5 david__taylor

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 10:15 PM

Was i wrong with the definitions of the data bus and address bus DAVE MAN?

#6 Dave

Ruler (but not owner) of hsn

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,252 posts
  • Interests:programming, exercising, brass band, using this board

Posted 29 May 2005 - 10:31 PM

no

If i am not here i am somewhere else

#7 SomethingTypical

Site Swot

• Members