Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
EXAM 2005 - HSN forum - Page 3

EXAM 2005

45 replies to this topic

#41 TheMesiter

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Interests:golf, food<br />im amazing and sexy :)

Posted 31 May 2005 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE(nina @ May 31 2005, 09:00 PM)
QUOTE(TheMesiter @ May 31 2005, 12:29 AM)
QUOTE(nina @ May 30 2005, 11:25 PM)
actually paper one went well thankfully..i was surprised myself. 

But paper 2 was a bit confusing too long winded and too much info.  I accidently missed out a 2 marker...u know of the 10 marks

and seemed to have chose the "wrong" decision for the DME excercise.  I mean everyone else chose to reject it, whereas i was for it.  I'm really scared about this as i felt that there were more arguements against than i had for it.  I did use a series of BK's but im still not too confident about this paper.

ps.any advice or noters would b extremely useful, please.

I am REALLY REALLY worried

View Post

There is no right answer to the DME- the whole point is to back up an argument, and as u say if u have enough BK which u did and source evidence which is thouguh and about 8 or 9 good points, u shud get full marks
forget bout the exam- dont indulge in morbid post moterms- too late now
watch big brother- its a house full of nutters- more exciting that foundaitons hospitals

View Post

i know, but i feel the "arguements against" were more stronger than my arguements for....:S

still REALLY worried....

View Post

OK if ure that worried then im not sure wot 2 do, sorry

User Banned.

#42 lipu

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 11:34 AM

Nina,

ALl you can do is forget about your worries and the Modern Studies exam until you have the envelope in your hand containing your Certificate!
Law and Management Student
Robert Gordon University

------
George Orwell provided us with a warning, not an Instruction Manual
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little termporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety

Without freedom to offend, freedom of expression ceases to exist

#43 nina

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 12:14 PM

*sigh* uz are right..

#44 vikki1987

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 04:19 PM

[quote=Ruthie P,May 30 2005, 10:44 PM]
ok then...
i did...A4 - electoral system
B6b) - health care - wealth influencing health
C7 - south africa
DME paperII - which was OK....glad foundation hospitals were in the DME instead of Paper1 - at least this way you only had to know small bits of BK as oppsosed to 10 marks worth of essay!!!!
hopefully i've done ok.
media Q - i only wrote about media
and yeh C7b) was a gift: yes SA is a one-party state BUT it is run by the ANC: 3 parties in one!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi ruthie I did exactly the same questions and thought the FPTP question was a gift! As was c7b) SA. Good luck

#45 TheMesiter

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Interests:golf, food<br />im amazing and sexy :)

Posted 01 June 2005 - 09:34 PM

how did every1 find the DME income and wealth paper
what was ur choice, and why? what was ur conclusion
User Banned.

#46 mt94

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 11:55 PM

QUOTE(nina @ Jun 1 2005, 12:14 PM)
*sigh* uz are right..

View Post

When we started learning how to do the DMEs we made to copy down "REPORT: An exercise in synthesis - selecting sources which come together to support a particular argument."

It doesn't matter which option you went for - if you wrote a good report you should be okay. By that I mean, as long as you used all the sources, wrote coherently and provided BK you shouldn't have done too badly I don't think.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users