Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Was your prelim the same as the specimen paper? - HSN forum

Was your prelim the same as the specimen paper?

8 replies to this topic

#1 8139222013

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 03:08 PM

I'm sure every question in my prelim was the same as the specimen paper, except for the fact that the wording was different, some of the tasks were reversed e.g Instead of benefit of using Unicode, the question asked what was the benefit of using ASCII code.

#2 wikked-dfc

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 03:20 PM

Yes ours was like that and the teacher is trying to get the money paid for the prelim back since Perfect papers(I'm sure thats the company) Just rearranged the Specimen paper.

This has happened all over Scotland and I don't know if these papers will stand up for appeals purposes.

#3 John

HSN Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,713 posts
  • Interests:First the boring stuff:<br /><br />2004 Results:<br /><br />Highers:<br /><br />Computing A<br />Craft and Design A<br />Physics A<br />Administration A<br />English A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />French A<br /><br />2005 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers:<br />Computing A<br />Physics A<br />Maths A<br />Modern Studies A<br />English A<br /><br />2006 Results:<br /><br />Advanced Highers(All Crashed):<br />Chemistry A<br />Biology A<br />Business Managemnt A<br /><br />Aren't I marvellous?

Posted 29 May 2005 - 03:20 PM

My fourth prelim was the speciman paper, it was easy peasy, though i was gutted i missed an A1 by ten marks, got 106/140 ans 55/60 for the coursework task.

#4 SomethingTypical

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 03:21 PM

Our prelim was completely different, I'd imagined you wouldn't be able to appeal on your prelim grade if your school used the specimen paper.

#5 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 03:26 PM

No you can't just use a specimen paper for a prelim. You could take some questions from it, but not the entire thing.
Mark

#6 8139222013

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 03:48 PM

No, it wasn't the specimen paper. However the questions were the same, except the wording was different (As I said above).

#7 wikked-dfc

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 08:33 PM

The prelim wasn't the Specimen paper!

My school bought in the prelim, and after we all sat it they noticed that almost every question was in the Specimen paper. It was made by an outside company who sell to many schools across the country, I'm in Dundee and my cousins school in Glasgow also get the papers from the company.

The school paid money for the prelim to safe time and ended up being ripped off by the company and are trying to get a refund.

#8 Ross

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 08:31 AM

QUOTE(wikked-dfc @ May 29 2005, 08:33 PM)
I'm in Dundee

View Post

What school you at?

#9 wikked-dfc

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 09:13 PM

St Johns

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users