Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
International Issues - HSN forum

International Issues

9 replies to this topic

#1 Acaila

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 11:00 PM

How many international issues have you studied in school?
Also how many do you plan to revise for the exam?

I've done USA and South Africa, but always disregarded USA because I never did any work for it (I teach myself with work provided by a teacher). I just seem to have forgotten all my South Africa stuff and America seems a bit easier so I'm not sure if I should study for both after all sad.gif

#2 kangaroo

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 09:18 AM

I'm doing the same two units and am in a similar situation where I haven't exactly had much teaching. I'm hopefully going to go in with a working knowledge of both so that if the South African questions are stinkers I have a chance with the ethnic minorities.

I'm not exactly confident for the exam, but we'll see what happens. Good luck smile.gif

#3 lanky_182

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Music, gigs, shopping, parties, mates etc

Posted 29 May 2005 - 11:33 AM

QUOTE(kangaroo @ May 29 2005, 09:18 AM)
I'm doing the same two units and am in a similar situation where I haven't exactly had much teaching. I'm hopefully going to go in with a working knowledge of both so that if the South African questions are stinkers I have a chance with the ethnic minorities.

I'm not exactly confident for the exam, but we'll see what happens. Good luck smile.gif

View Post

yea we studied USA and Politics of Food, but i've always felt more confidnt with USA so havent even bothered with politics of food

good luck to everyone tomorrow!

#4 nina

Site Swot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 11:42 AM

im sticking to South Africa, usually a political question and one regarding a social issue.

I dont think i'll look at USA.

Good luck people!

#5 lipu

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 11:43 AM

I studied USA and Politics of Food. The USA section is probably the easiest because of the distrabution and Affirmative Action Section. If you get a question on distrabution then it is a gift - probably the easiest 10 marks ever!
Law and Management Student
Robert Gordon University

------
George Orwell provided us with a warning, not an Instruction Manual
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little termporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety

Without freedom to offend, freedom of expression ceases to exist

#6 lanky_182

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 11:51 AM

QUOTE(lipu @ May 29 2005, 11:43 AM)
I studied USA and Politics of Food.  The USA section is probably the easiest because of the distrabution and Affirmative Action Section.  If you get a question on distrabution then it is a gift - probably the easiest 10 marks ever!

View Post

aw totally agree with that... and distribution is due to come up... i'm not sayin it definately will, but it's not been up since 2001... so heres hoping!
good luck!

#7 Amna

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 01:07 PM

yeh i did south africa and america but i have just revised South Africa -Political,Economic and Social issues.

Good Luck for 2moro smile.gif

#8 kangaroo

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 01:13 PM

I studied USA and Politics of Food.  The USA section is probably the easiest because of the distrabution and Affirmative Action Section.  If you get a question on distrabution then it is a gift - probably the easiest 10 marks ever!

View Post

We haven't covered distribution in class at all - I have some notes from the Internet, but what sort of thing would you write for a question on distribution (Deep South to North for black? Concentration in California etc for Hispanics?) unsure.gif

#9 lanky_182

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE(kangaroo @ May 29 2005, 01:13 PM)

View Post

We haven't covered distribution in class at all - I have some notes from the Internet, but what sort of thing would you write for a question on distribution (Deep South to North for black? Concentration in California etc for Hispanics?) unsure.gif

View Post

yea that kinda thing... and aslo some other places where black are concnetr8ed.. i.e new york, new jersey, newark... washington dc is 86% black

you have to also mention about the different types of hispanics.. i.e cubans, puerto ricans.. and mexicans and mention where they are situated also

if u need ne more help.. just mesage bak smile.gif

#10 lipu

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 02:14 PM

Everyone (kangaroo in particular),

Here is what I can think of from the top of my head at the moment of Distribution.

Hispanic Americans
Hispanic Americans are the fastes growing ethnic group in the population of the USA and is expected to triple by 2025. The population at the moment is about 11% - 12%. Hispanic Americans tend to be located in teh sunbelt states such as California, Texas and New Mexico because of their close proximity to the main bored crossing at Mexico. Cuban Hispancis tend to be located in Florida and Puerto Ricans (sorry if I spelt that wrong) in New York and New Jersey.

African American
African Americans make up around 12% - 13% of the population in the USA. They tend to be found in the "old" south in states such as North Carolina, South Carolina and Mississippi as this was where they were kept during the slave years. After the abolition of slavery they started to move out to the big cities such as Washington DC (around 60% of Washington DC's Population is Black), New York and Chicago in search of work. There is now evidence of slow reverse migration back to the southern states now.

Asian Americans
They make up between 3% and 5% of the American Population. They tend to be found inthe western sates and tend to have origionated from south-east Asia. This group see themselves more equal to white Americans than the other Ethnic Groups and are probably the most successful. Along With Hispanics their population is expected to triple by 2025

Native American
Not Much that I can remember heer, other than that they make up roghly 1% of the population.

Hope that helps you
Law and Management Student
Robert Gordon University

------
George Orwell provided us with a warning, not an Instruction Manual
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little termporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety

Without freedom to offend, freedom of expression ceases to exist

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users