Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
background knowledge for DME on health? - HSN forum

background knowledge for DME on health?

11 replies to this topic

#1 babyblonde

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 03:23 PM

hi
i was just wondering, whats everyone studying for the background knowledge for the DME this year on health?my teacher said something about smoking because of the ban this year but just wondered what everyone else was learning?

#2 Mikey_Pee

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 07:10 PM

I'm looking extensively at smoking, and I'm looking at the Elderly too. There is little point in using PPPP as it was the NAB and also with so much in the papers about the Elderly and Smoking this year, they've got to put it up sometime.

#3 lanky_182

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Music, gigs, shopping, parties, mates etc

Posted 29 May 2005 - 11:32 AM

QUOTE(Mikey_Pee @ May 28 2005, 07:10 PM)
I'm looking extensively at smoking, and I'm looking at the Elderly too. There is little point in using PPPP as it was the NAB and also with so much in the papers about the Elderly and Smoking this year, they've got to put it up sometime.

View Post

yea but remember that these papers were made up at least 2 years in advance.. so how were the sqa to know that the elderly and smoking would be in the papers alot this year?
its a tough one to call lol

#4 superstar

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 05:35 PM

plus just cause something was not in the nab does not mean that it wont be in the exam. I dont think you can really learn BK i think its just stuff that you know, its not something i ever had to learn.

#5 lipu

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 05:36 PM

I'm not doing healthcare, but another pointer for you. There is also more than 1 NAB for your teachers to choose from, so just because it was in 1 NAB dosn't mean the SQA will not put it in the papers.
Law and Management Student
Robert Gordon University

------
George Orwell provided us with a warning, not an Instruction Manual
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little termporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety

Without freedom to offend, freedom of expression ceases to exist

#6 Chris13312

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 05:55 PM

i'm looking at almost everything, i only mention a minimun of 5 pieces of K.U and thats only like 2 lines worth each time. Try makin up two or three line bits of K.U to fill an A4 sheet of paper both front and back then take out the ones you think would be the hardest and learn the rest!!!
Also as a last piece of advice in every year you can always mention the funding principles of the N.H.S which is basically just "cradle to the Grave" and "free at the piont of use"

#7 Justboy

Child Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Interests:Anime, gaming, dvds, computers.

Posted 29 May 2005 - 07:34 PM

you guys got any examples of BK I can use? I don't really know how I would go about studying it.

#8 rs89

Showing Improvement

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 04:27 PM

has anyone got any background knowledge useful for the elderly?

Dont know a thing

#9 Klass Clown

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Lods... Im pretty much interested by everything but my main hobbies are:<br />-Art, of course, creating and observing.<br />-Music (I tend to be flexible when it comes to genres but Im a massive hip-hop fan)<br />-Sadly, politics (always taken an interest)<br />-And since studying Higher History Ive become very interested and fascinated by Nazi Germany (and all those crazy wee Neo-Nazi cults)<br />-Ive resently developed a craze for chuck taylors as well.<br /><br />Well thats basicaly it, obviously Im in to movies and reading and stuff like that but I presume most people are. (Oh, and the internet but most people on here probably are - lol... yeah that was kinda rubbish.)

Posted 14 May 2006 - 04:32 PM

These are the knids of worries ive had. Ive just got about 10 recent facts and stuff. Is this okay by every1 elses standards?
All or Nothing.

#10 *Kiran*

Top of the Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 04:32 PM

ummm well 5% of over 65s nad 20% of over 85s are in long term care

on average men over 65 make 6 visits to their GP compared to 3 per year for 16-44s

dunno if thats much help though?

#11 **Bernadette**

Good Effort

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:I am currently in sixth year and I am doing higher music and advanced highers in maths chemistry and biology.<br />In fourth year I got six 1s in english, chemistry, biology, music, administration and modern studies. I also got 2 As in the int 2s I sat in french and maths. Last year I got five A's!! Woohoo!! I also sit piano exams so I have passed up to grade 6 practical and grade 5 theory so far. I would like to go on and study medicine.<br /><br />I like playing the piano, playing drums, dancing(tap, ballet, modern, highland, disco...), watching golf, tennis(I am not very good at playing but I love Wimbledon) reading, doing crosswords and loadsa other stuff! I am also trying to teach myself guitar which is funny!! I love music and I am going to see the Fratellis in feb and Razorlight in April!! Can't wait!! Some of my other favourite bands are snow patrol, blur, bloc party, radiohead, the kooks, oasis and of course the Beatles!!!!

Posted 14 May 2006 - 05:22 PM

The elderly acount for 40% of NHS expenditure.
It is expected that they will form 20% of the population by 2021.

#12 Allana

Child Prodigy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts
  • Interests:Feel free to add me to your MSN, and I'll be happy to answer any questions on there.<br /><br />Standard Grade Results 2005<br /><br />8 ones in english, maths, chemistry, biology, physics, modern studies, graphics and french<br /><br />Higher Results 2006:<br /><br />Maths - A<br />English - A<br />Chemistry - A<br />Human Biology - A<br />Modern Studies - A<br /><br />In 6th Year I will be studying Chemistry, Biology and English all to Advanced Higher Level.<br /><br />Applying to study Medicine for 2007 entry :)

Posted 14 May 2006 - 07:50 PM

the 75+ age group use 7 times more resources than those under 75.
Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common -- they are shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity... and in a flash, they're gone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users