Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 909

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 114

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 127

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 136

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 137

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/hsn/public_html/forum/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php:909) in /home/hsn/public_html/forum/admin/sources/classes/output/formats/html/htmlOutput.php on line 141
Revision Materials - HSN forum

Revision Materials

12 replies to this topic

#1 $impl_ih

Top of the Class

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 11:22 PM

Does anyone know if there are any good books for Higher Computing.
I have been looking for a while now but cant find any apart from the Walsh Book.
I have the Walsh book but would prefer something like the chemcord books which i use for Physics and Maths. The Walsh book is helpful, but there is a lot of reading, but i find it much easier to understand and learn from the other books.
:(
`..`._. $ m p l y _ h `..`._.

user posted image

#2 Steve

Top of the Class

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 01 February 2004 - 12:25 PM

Unfortunately I don't know of any good Higher Computing books. I used the Heriot Watt University Scholar Materials when I did Higher and they were very good. Do you have access to them (you need a username and password)?

I would advise you to get a copy of the Past Papers - these are always good for revision and they let you see what the actual questions will be like.
HSN contribute: Help the site grow!

Looking for a Maths tutor in West Lothian? Just PM me!

#3 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 01 February 2004 - 03:20 PM

There is also in February a "Practice Papers for Higher Computing" coming out from Gibson publishers with help from Perfect Papers, which may be useful in addition to the SQA Past Papers.

Search for it on Waterstone's or WhSmith etc...

Mark
Mark

#4 George

Child Prodigy

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 01 February 2004 - 04:56 PM

You can buy the Perfect Papers book on Amazon.co.uk.

#5 $impl_ih

Top of the Class

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 01 February 2004 - 09:45 PM

Thanks 4 helpin i got past papers, and i got access 2 scholar.
:)
`..`._. $ m p l y _ h `..`._.

user posted image

#6 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 09:39 PM

How are the Higher Notes Progressing Steve?

I will do the AI ones, the week after my final prelim!

Mark :D
Mark

#7 thebizwiz

Site Swot

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:Computing, the business world, television, radio, music, the Internet, education.

Posted 19 February 2004 - 06:20 PM

www.perfectpapers.net has materials for Higher Computing, but I presume that most of these resources would already be used by your school as part of the coursework.
user posted image
user posted image

#8 Martin

Top of the Class

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 04:03 PM

Scholar is your best bet. I've found it to be fantastic. A really useful resource!
"I'm not scared of dying... I just don't want to!"

#9 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 07:08 PM

Scholar is good but there are some area's where it goes well beyond the outcomes that you need to know. And it uses different termonology from what I am used to. There is a resource in our school called Webcal.
Mark

#10 nyki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 03:07 PM

computing is really buggin me plus my teacher has been off for ages now and all the substitute teachers don't teach computing. i have access to scholar n the walsh book but thats about it ....ny1 got ny ideas wat else i can get? :(

#11 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 07:26 PM

You can buy the official past papers book. (your school should also have these, along with old revised Higher papers, from which some questions are still valid and useful!)

There is also a "Practice Papers for Higher Computing" book, from Hodder Gibson which has 4 sample papers (only sections one and two tho!)

Your school may be able to give you out other questions if you speak to other computing staff.

Maybe anyone on here, who has been given out prelim papers, or old perfect papers in class, could scan them and give you a copy.

Hope that helps,
Mark

#12 nyki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 08:22 PM

thanx sparky....does help kinda lol

#13 sparky

Fully Fledged Genius

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 08:39 PM

IF you need anything explained feel free to ask btw.
Mark

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users